what keyboard i need to make west coast beats

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Damn Mark I wish you woulda advertised on here about the gear you had for sale, i might have tried to buy some of it off you i remember you saying you had alot of stuff

Mar 15, 2005
the novation v station and bass station vsts make great bass and leads as well.....most synths are pretty similar once you get an idea on how to tweak em....and its easy as hell to layer sounds in fruity loops.....i made one beat in reason today took me about half hour and i wasnt really feelin it....jumped over to fruity loops and made 3 good ones in same amount of time....but thas cuz of my experiance....only thing is wit fruity you have to have a good comp to run a decent amount of vsts and to have the keys actually play the moment you hit em otherwise theres a very long annoying delay that can only be fixed by lowering the buffer....which in turn limits the amount of proccessing power you have....didnt have no proccessing issues wit reason and had a dozen traccs goin.....

reason is kinda like a mac computer in a way....the synths and raccs that come wit it are made specifically for it so its very stable where as using vsts is like runnin a windows pc compatible and you never know what might fucc up.....they need to make some good natural instrument modules for reason that would be equivilant to a vst like hyper canvaz and would give me some great pianos and strings n such....i already am very tempted to buy the new reason but this is the only thing holding me bacc....i guess i jus have to learn how to slave reason in sonar and use the vsts in there maybe.....

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
a manufactured ventilated booth starts at about 3gs for like a 4x4 or you can build a solid homemade one for like 5 hun if you do some reaserch maybe even less. A home studio aint something you buy all at once anyways, it takes years to build one up and besides if you bought that much gear all at once youd have no idea how to use it all and all that shit wouldnt be used to its full capability. its alot better to do your reaserch and when you get a piece of gear, master that shit to the fullest of your ability before you break bread for more shit.

to answer your question though, for just recording depending on what route you took with it would roughly cost you at least 5 thousand bucks if you bought top end pro sumer shit. but high end mixing consoles and mics can run in the 10s of thousands, even more. Recording and music productrion is an expensive hobby to say the least

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Kem1kal said:
ay any of yall know how much i would need to build a whole studio for home recording? with the booth.

Depends on what you're recording, what you plan on recording in the future, relevent knowledge pertaining to recording etc etc etc.

EXAMPLE: Do you plan on recording drum kits, do you know how to mic a kit?

Different people have different setups and to be honest It's hard to say how much you will need because we don't know your needs. Concerning the booth you can purchase one already made or you can create your own (as previously mentioned). What you DON'T want to do is use wood to create the walls of the booth. Wood does not yield a better stc rating than drywall/sheetrock. What you do not want to do is use cheap insulation between the studs. What you do want to use is thermafiber (2 inch)/rockwool. What you want to do is create a "LEAF" which is 2 pieces of material that have different thickness or properties.

EXAMPLE:a 5/8 piece of sheetrock and a 1/2 piece of sheetrock is a LEAF. Connect the studs, use insulation (thermafiber) for your air space and go over that with another 1/2 and 5/8 LEAF. If you do that you will have ****ONE**** wall.

If you want to float the floors you should use NEOPRENE.

When building the booth the two main things you should consider are the materials being used and the dimensions of the booth. YOU DO NOT WANT A BOOTH WITH DIMENSIONS THAT ARE MULTIPLES OF EACH OTHER. I REPEAT YOU DO NOT WANT A BOOTH WITH DIMENSIONS THAT ARE MULTIPLES OF EACH OTHER.

Another thing you have to do is consider ventilation and how you plan on getting the mic into the booth. Holes=NO NO. Mics can be routed in and out if you know how to wire it inside the frame.

:hgk: