What is the biggest problem with local KC rap ???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
Please... NY mixtapes are mostly just unreleased biggie/eminem tracks, with a timberland beat mixed by a guy with too much echo on his mike that yells straight over the hook.

There's one kat I heard from a mixtape that I like, and I can't remember where it was from or who it was... Mykill Myers maybe? Destro? I remember a few names from that album but I can't find it right now to be sure. It was from a disc called "independents finest".

Nov 14, 2002
AAAAAAAAAAAAahahhhahaahhahaahahahahhaaaaaaa!!! Tech is the only "fool" I'll listen to that raps fast because he doesn't flat out SUCK.

Mykill myers could be from anywhere... The point is, that the kats on those mixtapes I usually hate.

Mar 3, 2003
Nicholas, you got it wrong......If a KC artist makes a song like 50's "In Da Club" 95 and 93 SHOULD play it....Don't matter what their play list is, they play hits,and if something is a hit and gets requested, they'll play it.....Including Dead Prez......They play what ever is hot at the time.............And if this is such a big issue to you, why isn't Tech boycotting 103, until 103 gives KC rappers a more appropriate chance? It won't hurt his sales, he's got fans that would take a bullet for him.......If 103 hears their station name being dissed in every rap record coming out of KC, they might reconsider......Besides that, 103 is the wackest station in the country.....Thank God for satellite radio.....

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
MoneyTrain......to say I'm wrong just shows how much you know about the music biz. MONEY=SPINS ON THE RADIO.(PERIOD)

You think Dave, 95.7's director, plays In Da Club because he likes it? FUCK NO...It's because Shady/Aftermath/Universal breaks off some major skrill to get that song played on every station in the world. It's all a big game homie, and people in KC don't have the money to play that game. This is why 103 doesn't play a lot of local shit......why play local shit that doesnt make them money when they can be playing Ja Rule or 50 and get a check from them?

And why are you making this a personal issue with the radio stations? It's not your music that isn't getting played.

Tech dissing 103 wont do shit. He can make a FUCK 103 record and they will cry all the way to the bank Because people want urban music and that's the only place to get it here.

I've read your last post like 10 times and each time i find something else that shows how little you know about what your saying.

bottom line to get on a play list=you pay them money, then people hear your song then they call in to request it. Isn't it funny that 100% of 95,93 and 103's request shows are taken directly from their play list? Radio is bullshit, and until you can change it you gotta pay to play.

Nick

Mar 3, 2003
Nicholas, tell me why 95.7 has been playing that country/rap song country girl? It ain't hip-hop, it doesn't get BET?MTV play, shit, as a matter of fact, who the fuck is the guy anyway, cause he sure as hell hasn't sold records......Heat says on the main 70mile webpage to call 95 and 93 and request Trajiks songs, so are you saying that he doesn't know shit about music? I would hate to be an artist under you. If you know shit about music, you should know that its what people want to hear...So if I and 20,000 other people call in and request Dead Prez, God-dammit thats what they are going to play.........By the way, I only have to read your shit once to realize how dumb your shit sounds...LOL!

Nov 14, 2002
MoneyTrain said:
Nicholas, tell me why 95.7 has been playing that country/rap song country girl? It ain't hip-hop, it doesn't get BET?MTV play, shit, as a matter of fact, who the fuck is the guy anyway, cause he sure as hell hasn't sold records......Heat says on the main 70mile webpage to call 95 and 93 and request Trajiks songs, so are you saying that he doesn't know shit about music? I would hate to be an artist under you. If you know shit about music, you should know that its what people want to hear...So if I and 20,000 other people call in and request Dead Prez, God-dammit thats what they are going to play.........By the way, I only have to read your shit once to realize how dumb your shit sounds...LOL!
Man you's a fuckin' sucker. Heat has that shit on his page because you have to get SOME hype goin' at the local level. This way when he goes to the stations with singles, they'll know who he's talkin' about. And just out of curiosity, how are you and 20,000 other people going to request dead prez, when the type of people who even bother to listen to the radio, have never heard of them because the radio doesn't play them?

Hey, If I told you my dick tasted like strawberry, would you suck it to find out?

Go find the story of Limp Bizkit, and how they got airplay... Then you'll have an accurate description of the way radio works. Read my post earlier in this very thread for Christs sake.