WHAT IS "SELLING OUT" THESE DAYS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

signing with a main stream company.... changing style to meet the mass's.... changing style for money... giveing the thumbs up to suburban kids playing your tunes when you claim to be a "G"... going against your word?????

what's the deal????

I.E.--->

EIGHTBALL & MJG signing a new deal with BBR

selling out to me... does NOT (in the whole) involve signing with a company like bad boy rec.

Changing music baised on money matters to me means selling out.... giving in on your word...

if you had chance to bring your music to a broader aduience.... (WITH OUT CHANGING).... wouldn't logic say yes??

Does a having a person like Sean Combs backing you up... make you a sell out point blank even though the message in your music stays the same???

what's the deal???

M

MrFreeze

m p o said:
[B
Changing music baised on money matters to me means selling out.... giving in on your word... [/B]
i agree but sometimes you have to change to sell records.

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

one way of sellin out can be by going against what you once believed in to make money

Apr 25, 2002
selling out is just a word a jealous broke mothafucka uses.i aint sayin i agree with what every artist does,some make desisions i wouldnt personaly make but i aint the one writing out there check,fuck what every body says,if it gets you paid,do it....

S

senatorOFdaYAE

RAVAGE said:
A raper alowing one of his videos to B' shown on MTV, or his/her songs to B' aird regularly on a radio station.
im sorry but this has to be 1 of the dumbest things ive seen on here.. ravage why do you think these artist make music?because they want to bump them selves in they car??hell no cuz they want to see a few tickets and they think rapping is the way to do it..i dont know 1 artist that would say i dont want to be on mtv and please mr program director dont put my song on the radio...

May 10, 2002
many one-track minded people would agree with Ravage that once you're on TV or the radio, you've sold out. I can't understand it, but I think it's the fact that they don't want their favorite underground, mostly hip-hop oriented group, being bumped by everybody.

I try to explain to these cats that if it was more beneficial to them to get on tv (if they could) and not lose their existing fan base, they would...no matter what anyone tells me, there's no way these rappers want to stay broke.

May 10, 2002
the thing I don't understand about many of these "hip-hop heads" is that they say the music will "elevate your mind," but then turn around and act like they don't want everyone (the masses) to "experience this." That whole statement just seems ignorant to me...to put it frankly, I don't think these people know what the fuck they're talking about..