What is homeboy rap missing?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
i dont think its unity... either you can rap or you cant. reality is some people should just hang up the mic.
Unity will always play a big role wether its showed in the streets with your boys or towards homies that stepping their life up in one way or another.... As for some people needing to just quit rappin, I couldn't agree with you more loved one. Too many people trying to be rappers now a days n that leads to individuals always thinking they can do it better then the next.. The homeboy rap scene is just oversaturated n will probably never be the same.

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
Let me post this again...

Some of these cats acting big headed,when they really shouldn't be//
askin bills for a verse when the shit should be free//

I could of kept quiet, but my ears,I don't like it when they bleed//
so I'm writin like a Titan and givin a fuck if they read//

theses kids dig the covers,but are blinded by the lighting and the ink//*thinkin they smell flowers but it's sour and it stinks//

Skarekrow,They gettin devoured when I think,//
So they wishin that my brains was
chalklined up on the streets//

Used to snatch up everything,now I even pass em when they leak//
Got plenty of ram,but I'm passin on these beats

The shit is saturated,you'll lose count if you blink//
used to be a fan,but now I understand, the shit will never peak//

forgive me for the bitterness,but it's like something nasty's in my drink//
So I'm cringing my face when these whack bastards fuckin speak//

For now I'm a hypocrite,until I unlatch these final links//
there's a few that's good,but the bad is fuckin deep//

Didn't totally give up,there's still some cats im blasting thru the tweets//
But the shits 80/20 like there's hardly any fat up in the meat//

Hoping the shit will get better,but that's like a vegan wearing mink//
So im just going to sit back and hope these assholes fix the kinks//

Feb 7, 2011
1. Originality: I think a lot of homiez, when they write, got this image of themselves on the forefront of their thought process. So instead of focusing on the content of their writing, they are working their words around their image. The end result is a huge pool of rappers with the same rhymes, image and personas saying the same things only in different ways. I think there's only a small number of homeboy rappers who are doin it and can hold their own on the mic. Before even putting pen to paper for your next song. Spend at least a few hours thinking of what the song is going to be about.

2. Support Vs Honesty: I ain't from hood x, y and z and only homiez from x,y and z get played in my car. LOL. fuck that. Support good music, at the same time you can't be lying to yourself either. If the rapper from your hood, or your homie spitz garbo, don't lower your expectations to that level, expect them to step it up or step aside..

3. Our own Voice: Too many homeboy rapperz are either A.) Stuck in the 90's or B) Riding a Bandwagon.

4. Stop Beefin and Backstabbing: Rappers seem to hate on other rappers brutally. Chargin some crazy ass amounts for hooks or verses, considering what their going to bring to the table, I wouldn't even throw peanuts at some of these rappers to be on my shit. If a Homeboy rapper got some talent, Ill gladly shell out skrill and consider it an honor to work with them. But Im not just going to buy a verse in the hopes of leeching off another wack rappers fans, Id rather outspit him and steal them from him.

just my 2 pennies.

Nov 2, 2002
another thing i noticed is:
During the heyday of homeboy rap, it sounded very underground, completely different than mainstream shit.
Now a lot of albums sound almost mainstream.

Apr 11, 2011
i think a lot of people hold there thoughts back too just because there a well known homeboy rapper
they won't tell them your shit is wack ,they will just swallow there words , so the wack ass cycle continues .

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
i think a lot of people hold there thoughts back too just because there a well known homeboy rapper
they won't tell them your shit is wack ,they will just swallow there words , so the wack ass cycle continues .
I COMPLETELY AGREE... LIKE WHEN I THOUGHT THAT THE NEW BIG TONE ALBUM WAS WACK ..IT WASNT HATE JUST MY OPINION , IT SOUNDED BORING TO ME .. BUT I WAS QUICK TO GET CALLED A HATER

Sep 25, 2008
I THINK MYSELF IT'S MISSING THAT CHICANO SOUND THE HOMEBOYS GAVE IT BACK IN THE DAY. NOW YOU GOT VATOS THAT DONT SPEAK SPANISH TRYNA SPEAK IT ON THEYRE SONGS. SOUNDS WACK. NIGGA THIS NIGGA THAT,WTF! POYO LOKO GAVE IT THAT ESTILO CHICANO TYPE. NOW THE ONLY HOMEBOY I SEE OUT THERE THAT PUT'S IT DOWN LIKE THAT,WITH THAT STYLE WOULD BE BIG RHYNO.

Feb 13, 2011
In my opinion it's really not missing anything. There's alot of talented homeboys out there. I think what's hurting homeboy rap is the amount of vatos that "think" they can rap. 95% of homeboy rappers that post on here need to stop making music because you're the problem. Outside of the better known homeboy rappers that post on here Silent to me is one of the few with real talent. But for the most part the rest need to find a better hobby, cus you're fuckin everything up for the ones with talent. Just my opinion tho.

May 2, 2009
exactly, the market is just over saturated with fools who cant really rap and that leads to a flood of shit music coming out, which buries the good music in the background. plenty of talent out there, but for ever talented rapper there's 15 out there who can't rap for shit trying to be rappers.

Jun 8, 2011
So then you would rather listen to the same dudes all the time?? No new faces? No new rhymes, no new styles??
What happens when they decide to stop making homeboy music or pass on.?? No more homeboy rap then.
I personally like homeboys tryna make muzik from all over.. I admit alot of it, actually most of it sounds the same but its all good with me tho. Those who will be heard will be the 1s making different and better music.. And i mean plus once you hear some1s muzik and dont like it. When you see some more of it dont even click on it. To those that say ppl just drop crappy music dont bother to click on it next time. Yall are the ones complaining but still listening to that "crappy" muzik..

May 2, 2009
So then you would rather listen to the same dudes all the time??
No, who said that? what made you think i was implying that...? i'm only interested in the rappers with talent, there are many of them out there... and ALOT MORE who fuckin suck. those are the ones i avoid.

No new faces? No new rhymes, no new styles??
why wouldn't i be open to new faces, rhymes and styles?

What happens when they decide to stop making homeboy music or pass on??
then i'd move to the next homeboy rapper with talent and bump their shit, like i said there's plenty of them out there. the market is simply oversaturated with ones who suck imo, therefore you gotta dig through alot of bad rappers to find some good ones. which gives the genre a bad rep

No more homeboy rap then.
how?

I personally like homeboys tryna make muzik from all over..
me too. who doesn't?

I admit alot of it, actually most of it sounds the same but its all good with me tho.
its cool that you like it, but its hot garbage to me. to each their own tho

Those who will be heard will be the 1s making different and better music..
what?

nd i mean plus once you hear some1s muzik and dont like it. When you see some more of it dont even click on it.
what does that have to do with anything?

To those that say ppl just drop crappy music dont bother to click on it next time.
i don't and i won't.

Yall are the ones complaining but still listening to that "crappy" muzik..

what "crappy" music am i listening to?

Jun 8, 2011
@Chuco i wasnt implying that post to you bro. My bad if you took it towards you carnal.
If anythang it was intended more towards un4given. But even towards him no disrespect intended...
Just saying what i have on my mind..

May 2, 2009
its all good homie. im just trying to see more opinions on the subject, so i contributed to the discussion by quoting your post and asking some questions of my own regarding what you said. cuz i agree with uN4gvN, but its good to read everyones thoughts on it. so i thought your post was intended of either one of us, seeing as how we share similar opinions on the subject.

Feb 13, 2011
@Robert....The homie Chuco answered all of your questions directed towards me better than I would have. My comments were generally speaking, it seems as if you took it as a personal shot towards you. And come to think about it, you should have. Because you are lacking talent but obviously not the drive. No disrespect intended just speaking my mind, like you were.

Mar 17, 2010
I SAY IF THE PERSON SUCKS OR LACKS SOMETHING IN THE DEPT. LET THEM KNOW WHAT TO WORK ON TO HELP THEM BECOME SOMETHING YOU WOULD ACTUALLY BUMP,ALSO SHIT I LIKE A ARTIST TO BE CREATIVE WITH WORDPLAY,SOME OLD SCHOOL G.U.N TYPE TRACKS WOULD BE KOO BUT THEN AGAIN NOW DAYS EVERYONE WANTS TO BE A SKRAP KILLER IN THEIR RHYMES,AND HEARING KILLA SKRAP OR SKRAP THIS N THAT GETS A LIL OLD TIMES,TOUCH DOWN ON DIFFERENT SUBJECTS

Oct 18, 2011
i honestly think homeboy rap is ok but make an album with only 2 songs repping your hood or what you bang. Don't flood the whole album with that. I mean if you are really down then I'm sure you got afew stories to tell if anything. Need more versatility in your concepts.