What is homeboy rap missing?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 11, 2011
imo

northern rap hasn't been the same since woodie passed
and could use new fresh young producers with original beats
most homeboy rap albums now days either have shitty rappers on good beats or good rappers with horrible beats.
but my question is

what is homeboy rap missing?

Mar 22, 2006
its missing some consistency, at least one rapper to drop a good album at once a year, all we get is delays every time an album is going to drop. New rappers that can actually rap, people need to stop lying to there homies. maybe some more networking hook up with some of the rappers coming out the bay, some Big Tone and Livewire would be clean IMO

Oct 18, 2011
originality. stop sayin "nigga" or "scrap" in every song. Also some actual hip hop beats not these fucken mickey mouse disneyland shit. All the beats sound way to cheesy or similar.

Nov 2, 2002
you guys have been saying the exact same thing for 5 years.

Its missing lyrical content. "im out here getting money mayne" isnt going to cut it.

Back in the day the lyrics were all about prior incidents.....story telling. It was interesting to listen to.
"im getting money" is the most worthless subject. Its disposable.

Make more SONGS,.......not "slaps"

Apr 11, 2011
you guys have been saying the exact same thing for 5 years.

Its missing lyrical content. "im out here getting money mayne" isnt going to cut it.

Back in the day the lyrics were all about prior incidents.....story telling. It was interesting to listen to.
"im getting money" is the most worthless subject. Its disposable.

Make more SONGS,.......not "slaps"
yes that's a big chunk of it but the beat is also a huge factor .

Feb 1, 2011
Wtf, a bunch of good albums dropped this year your trippin bruh. Lil dee, Lil Toro, Lil Raider, all the homeboy rappers out the 831. A bunch of good outta the 408 Nsanity was droppin videos like no tomorrow. Big tones new album+videos. Hella videos this year, a couple homegirls tryin to make noise and a bunch of young cats making music. Id really like to hear more music from the 510 though. Either way theres alotta shit circulating. Woodie R.I.P was one talented musician man from being a rapper to producing to selling , moving and repping eccr product.

Nov 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
Its missing the unity that was at one point n time was tuff amongst homeboys.. Now a days for some reason homeboys that do the dam thing get hated on by other "homeboys".... back in the day i remember supporting homies just based on.. Now when good music arises everyone looks for flaws to point out instead of just enjoying the music, supporting n showing love.. imo.

Sep 16, 2011
Needs some more inteligent song concepts more original beats and more complex lyrics. Big tone hase the dopest beats but he's one dementional lyrically like 90 percent of what's out there but he's also probably the best one putting out music too. Raider is pretty good. If shadow would release a solo it would bring things up a notch but that will never happen lol

Jun 8, 2011
I agree we need songs not slaps..
But also Woodie(RIP) was on a whole nother level and he raised the bar way high.. No1 will be able to measure up to his talent..
Unlike most music that only gets better ours is going down due to that fact that Wood did so great no1 will even get close to his level..
But ay we've had the best it gets.. (Woodie)

Aug 20, 2003
Its missing the unity that was at one point n time was tuff amongst homeboys.. Now a days for some reason homeboys that do the dam thing get hated on by other "homeboys".... back in the day i remember supporting homies just based on.. Now when good music arises everyone looks for flaws to point out instead of just enjoying the music, supporting n showing love.. imo.
you hit the nail on the head bro.but for that unity to come back like that.there is gunna have to be a hell of alot fade's.ya feel me.with all the shit talking n smuting up happining out there....

Sep 16, 2011
From what I can tell from the music out now is a lot of imaturity and a lot of fronting and a lot of mimicing of prior established rappers. Need somebody original to make it better and influince others to change the same tired nursery rhymes