What happened? I remember all this talk in here about so in so blowing up. Nothing?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 15, 2006
most rappers are broke, and cant keep there projects coming to blow up like that, its goin to take more than just one hot song and a album, you gott go hard! And most rappers have to wait till a friend or family member want to take that chance on investing in them, by then the rapper is getting like $10,000 for the album, and thats it!!!! lol!!!
bout time the album drops, the rapper has paid his bills and "thinks" he is a rich rapper , promoting the album, and getting maybe $500, to $1,500 a show. the key is the rapper never saves there money!!! and cant put out there own shyt! and cant keep that buzz going. and if they do, its lil money to keep them feeling like a star only in the bay! but not enough for road trips to really push! or get those beats from reall producers or get sum real features. and if they do, they try to save those songs for there BIG album!! that never happens!!! wow!! the life!!! lol!!!!
but not freddie hottsarce tho !

Apr 7, 2004
A new voice, style & face.... the indusry doesn't give a shit where anyone is from as long as they play along with the game. Where you're from can be an extra plus on sales...but the bay ain't an extra plus to the hiphop industry...we are a minus to them hiphop wise..for whatever reason...so unless some new artist comes out the gate with a brand new style who has mastered his style to make something undeniable...I dunno. all the names mentioned in this thread are top notch at what they do...styles mastered to a tee on they shit...but I guess it's just not it for right now....who fuckin knows....this forum sucks...it gets us depressed and i know yall feel me...the bay shold be in this shit but we ain't....Kiesha Cole has a good spirit so maybe everything will come together soon just wit that alone.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
keyshia cole blew the fuck up with a platinum album, the highest rated show on BET, many awards, her own line of perfume coming out soon, many magazine covers, several hit songs including a number one joint with P Diddy

Fab has a huge hit with snoop and too short and has gone on BET, TRL, conan obrien, not to mention tons of concerts around the country. he also gained national attention when he roasted royce 59, he was on several of the biggest radio stations in the country including hot 97 in nyc. he was on every major hip hop site on the net. he also signed a major deal with atlantic records.

i cant go into details about messy marv at this time, but he has several huge things in the works including a TV show.

J.Valentine signs with Clive Davis' J Records, is set to release first album (San Francisco, CA) - An up-and-coming R&B virtuoso, known for his "R&Bay" (Rhythm and Bay) sound, has signed with Clive Davis's J Records. J. Valentine, who is also the founder of the CityBoyZ Muzik Productions, is set to release his debut album, Conversation Piece, with J Records in early 2007 and will be his introduction to the world as a solo artist. The King of R&Bay indeed, J. Valentine's solo album debut faces an intense level of anticipation. Conversation Piece features production by luminaries such as Scott Storch, Cool & Dre, The Underdogs, Dre & Vidal, Polow Da Don, Needles and The CityBoyZ (Major Bucketz J. Valentine). It also boasts collaborations with E-40, Keak da Sneak,Bailey and Timberland's artist Keri Lynn. Full of promise to fuel the movement of Bay Area flavor nationwide, Conversation Piece is set to burst onto the music scene.

there are several others makin noise that some of u may not be aware of, but making it big in this biz is very difficult and when you're from the bay it seems like its twice as hard, but trust me, there are several of your favorite rappers right now who are hard at work trying to make something out of nothing.

Feb 26, 2005
absolutley non of the artist and labels in this region have a social media optimization strategy to implent...learn from the rock bands. Hustle 2.0

Aug 3, 2006
most rappers are broke, and cant keep there projects coming to blow up like that, its goin to take more than just one hot song and a album, you gott go hard! And most rappers have to wait till a friend or family member want to take that chance on investing in them, by then the rapper is getting like $10,000 for the album, and thats it!!!! lol!!!
bout time the album drops, the rapper has paid his bills and "thinks" he is a rich rapper , promoting the album, and getting maybe $500, to $1,500 a show. the key is the rapper never saves there money!!! and cant put out there own shyt! and cant keep that buzz going. and if they do, its lil money to keep them feeling like a star only in the bay! but not enough for road trips to really push! or get those beats from reall producers or get sum real features. and if they do, they try to save those songs for there BIG album!! that never happens!!! wow!! the life!!! lol!!!!
you a no name broke rapper yourself,and before you say "nigga wut you know im ballin!" you can look at your pics n see you aint caked up

Apr 4, 2005
For the past 3 years it was always (Insert Rappers Time). Then Nothing happens. Frontline..Nothing..Big Rich...Nothing...San Quinn...Nothing..Mr. FAB..Etc Etc. I do not think the Bay will ever be national for hiphop again. The best chance has come and gone. I know it sounds fucked up but how long you gonna hold your breath?
only fans are holdin their breath......artists like myself are just gonna keep grindin, even if it goes unnoticed....for the love of music......all i kno iz, if i ever get the shot them niggas u named above got, im not gonna blow it.....my face gon b all over da fuckin t.v. adn i give a fuck who call me commercial......long as im gettin paid to do commercials, ya dig?

El D

Sicc OG
Mar 7, 2006
says the brokest and lamest myspace rapper on here...SMH

Jan 30, 2007
damn stop complaining about the artists not doing shit, or not blowing up... you act like they're not on their grind. you gotta blame the labels that put them on, shelf them, etc. the industry is called the industry because its about money, if the project doesnt seem like its going to make a certain amount of money then theyre not gonna release right away. so give credit to the artists.. just because you aint seeing them on MTV or Bet doesnt mean they're not on their grind. they out there in meetings with people making shit happen.

Dec 2, 2006
no real money behind the projects.

once again its the money. $1,000 dollars and your a bay area rapper. $10,000 and you got some features, flyers, posters, and an add in explosive and labeled the next to blow. lol.you have people putting labels together, rosters of artists, etc. with no budget. it takes money to make money in the real world. wether its yours or someone elses. in the end these rappers in the bay are starving for money and attention. you can fool kids but you cant fool reality. it catches up at somepoint. the bay has been fooling it self. the math is pretty simple imo.

Sep 17, 2007
lol, i don't know why people stress over that shit... just enjoy the music for what the fuck it is

i for one have NEVER given a fraction of a fuck as to whether or not the bay blows up... if it did, then beautiful... but in the end, i have nothing to gain from that whatsoever

::
i just wanna agree 100% to this comment. I mean what does the Bay blowing have anything to do with you. The South runnin shit is a matter of opinion and taste of music that people like. The south aint got dope lyriks, but they got the best beats, To me the Bay is already big.. itz been big. Im from the 916. and i don't hear no kinda Sac shit in rotation at all. i haven't even seen a CURRENT 916 cd in anybodies possion for the longest. i don't hear nobody else playin anything but Mob Figaz music like stupid heavy rotation. Messy's shit, Guce, San Quinn, Fab and Thizz.
Personally i listen to more NY shit than anything else, but thats just cuz im more in to Word Play. As long as folks are makin good music. thats all i care about. even if they sell 100 cd's and thats it. im still gone cop it if itz dope.

It aint cuz the bay aint makin dope music and havin unity. they're music is on fire. Especially the Jacka. It's just not time yet. Itz the circle of life homie. Do you know how many other city's are bitchin cuz they city aint blowin up either.. this region aint the only spot goin thru it.

Dec 12, 2007
For the past 3 years it was always (Insert Rappers Time). Then Nothing happens. Frontline..Nothing..Big Rich...Nothing...San Quinn...Nothing..Mr. FAB..Etc Etc. I do not think the Bay will ever be national for hiphop again. The best chance has come and gone. I know it sounds fucked up but how long you gonna hold your breath?
well NY aint shit either anymore hahahaha.

Dec 12, 2007
i been in so cal for almost a year, and i have heard e-40 and short played in the cars more than any other shit (unless its some square blasting power 106) - and have seen donuts spun and some little latin kids going dumb no lie

Rock

Sicc OG
Sep 20, 2003
REALLY DONT MATTER... THE BAY BLOWIN UP OR NOT IS IRRELEVANT IMA STILL SUPPORT THAT DOPE SHIT COMIN OUT THE BAY

KINDA GLAD THE HYPHY SHIT DIDNT TAKE OFF CUZ ALOTTA NIGGAS WAS COPYCATTIN AND GETTIN LAZY

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
I don't listen to the Radio neither do I watch MTV, so I don't give a fuck about anybody blowing up. I support the music I like and hope that those rappers keep puttin out music without switching it up to get Radio Play...

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
Too many rap artist and their so called "fans" are worried about blowing up. Don't worry about that. You have to focus on home. You have to be the KING of your own house.

Meaning: You have to start in your Region and really own your Region. The A&R Researches are out here watching us. They are talking to the Store Managers, they are talking to the Distributors and One-Stops. You have to own your Local Radio Stations, The Streets, The Show Venues, The Local Magazines and the thing that is stopping all the Independent Labels is that they don't have their Companies Structured "CORRECTLY".

If anyone talks to V-White or G-Stack, ask them what it took for Priority to finally sign them back in the day? See what they have to say about having your Company Structured in a certain fashion. It is a shame but a Label can be looking at your Company as a whole and if they see one thing screwy they will walk away "WITHOUT" even telling you what the problem was.

Someone will blow. The "UN"Dustry will come back around to Northern California in time. It will come back to every region in time. I just think that the Artist that blows will have a strong team behind them. It think the Artist that blows (I mean truly blows up) will have at least 2 people behind him or her career that have MBA's.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
lol, i don't know why people stress over that shit... just enjoy the music for what the fuck it is

i for one have NEVER given a fraction of a fuck as to whether or not the bay blows up... if it did, then beautiful... but in the end, i have nothing to gain from that whatsoever

::
i agree with you 99.9%, but theirs still a little part of me that wants to know that the bay is recognized for their hard work on a national scale. cuz i see some of the bullshit on TV, whack rappers gettin rich, and im like "damn, [rapper from the bay] is doing it way harder, and way longer than this fuckin clown, and he cant get no love?" There's bitterness i guess, but i like to see my home team win. who doesnt? They work hard, why shouldnt it pay off? Also if the bay blows, more cats can eat and it gives oppurtunity's for other folks to get put on, and take muther fuckers of the street.

Mac Dre deserved to shine more than anybody i know, everyone who was a dre fan felt like they knew dre damn near personally. Aint NO RAPPER ever done that shit like he did. But yea thats my two cents, on a side note.. ur sig scares me, tha perm on that niggas head is killin me.

May 5, 2005
This was brought up to start a discussion. I could give a fuck either way. I was just wondering whats going on. Best believe your favorite bay rapper cares about "blowing up" other wise they would not be rapping. It's always about the money and recognition. That rap for free shit is over. Why is keisha cole brought up? I never recalled dozens of threads about her before her fame.