What happened? I remember all this talk in here about so in so blowing up. Nothing?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2005
For the past 3 years it was always (Insert Rappers Time). Then Nothing happens. Frontline..Nothing..Big Rich...Nothing...San Quinn...Nothing..Mr. FAB..Etc Etc. I do not think the Bay will ever be national for hiphop again. The best chance has come and gone. I know it sounds fucked up but how long you gonna hold your breath?

Feb 2, 2006
the industry is still stuck on the south eventually the trend will move to the west coast or the east coast. west coast was the trend in the 90s we already had our 15 minutes

Nov 18, 2003
there is still good music comin out the bay, its just that the majors have there eye on the south and are signing one hit wonders over proven artists

Jan 22, 2007
The term "Blow Up" is relative....All those artist you mentioned in some fashion have become somewhat more note worthy than they were a few years ago...If you are talking about someone being made a big deal of by MTV, BET, Radio, etc...then you're probably right....However, great music is being produced in the Bay at a much greater rate than anywhere else in the country IMO, and if the exploitive corporate spotlight chooses to shine elsewhere then their loss...

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
as long as I get to hear good music and my favorite artists continue making good music then I'm not worried about who "blows up"

Feb 27, 2006
lol, i don't know why people stress over that shit... just enjoy the music for what the fuck it is

i for one have NEVER given a fraction of a fuck as to whether or not the bay blows up... if it did, then beautiful... but in the end, i have nothing to gain from that whatsoever

::

Thats what im sayin... thats real fuckin talk

Jun 10, 2002
I could give a flying fuck if my favorite artist blows up as long as they keep making good music and doing what they do best. thats all that matters, whats the use of blowing up if your gonna sell out and start making shit that the radio wants hear

Jul 13, 2007
www.hottsauce.com
most rappers are broke, and cant keep there projects coming to blow up like that, its goin to take more than just one hot song and a album, you gott go hard! And most rappers have to wait till a friend or family member want to take that chance on investing in them, by then the rapper is getting like $10,000 for the album, and thats it!!!! lol!!!
bout time the album drops, the rapper has paid his bills and "thinks" he is a rich rapper , promoting the album, and getting maybe $500, to $1,500 a show. the key is the rapper never saves there money!!! and cant put out there own shyt! and cant keep that buzz going. and if they do, its lil money to keep them feeling like a star only in the bay! but not enough for road trips to really push! or get those beats from reall producers or get sum real features. and if they do, they try to save those songs for there BIG album!! that never happens!!! wow!! the life!!! lol!!!!