What genre of music do u listen to the most besides hip hop?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
a big problem for me, is right off the bat, i dont give mainstream/radio much of a chance

i cant help it, i enjoy the more locally know talent

theres alot of people from around our own way who can rock a mic, or strum a guitar like a pro, who deserve the lime light and recognition, but then again that statement is kinda ass backwards, once you hit the lime light i feel like artists lose that truthfulness in their music, and no longer reach people on a more personal level

i guess being humble is a big part of being an artist to me, and mainstream steals that trait from people once they suck em in

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I don't even listen to rap/hip-hop as much anymore. I know dudes will clown but I deleted all the rap off my pc and sold my cd's a couple years ago in an effort to live a more Christian lifestyle.

As of now, I occaisionally listen to hip hop though or I listen to a grip of rap instrumentals to find out which ones I wanna use to write to.

Funk, classic r&b, and a little rock/jazz fills up my rotation

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
in my defense, i truly find a big difference in rap and hip hop

i listen to more rap, rap being more gutter lyrics, and rollin bass, with deep dark sounds

whereas hip-hop is almost more upbeat, witty lyrics, with almost a twinge of funk in it

so yea, thats what it is...

i try to dabble in other genres, but honestly, i cant get into the groove of anything but rap, theres a few rock songs i enjoy, although i wouldnt be able to name half of them...theres a few pop songs i can sing along to, that i enjoy, but as with rock, i know half the names, and few of the artists

it is what it is i guess

Hip hop is the entire culture, rap is the action of mc'ing. It just sounds different depending on the origin of the rapper most of the time. Places have made an effort to differentiate the two, especially after the term gangsta rap came out but they are one in the same

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
I don't really listen to much rap these days...

This is the type of shit I bump more than rap...

Since I phased out a lot of rap, I've noticed I'm more relaxed, less tense, and generally happier. I've always listened to stuff like this...I just listen MORE now.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
straight up sydal..certain rap can change the mentals..all that boolchit about money and cars and whatnot..fuck that. even the positive rap sometimes seems on that smugg shit

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
^^ you and I both. Listening to hip hop took me back to a mentality when I wanted to be shankin fools and bangin hoes all the time.
Yup. It's time to just kick back and enjoy life. I still write it, record it, and produce it...but I won't sit there and knock an album all the way through. I usually end up bumpin' a couple songs and then turning on the oldies station.

It's always nice to hear fuckin' Tone Loc pop up on the oldies stations, too. Still get my rap fix, but not a heavy dose of it.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
straight up sydal..certain rap can change the mentals..all that boolchit about money and cars and whatnot..fuck that. even the positive rap sometimes seems on that smugg shit
Man...rap these days makes me want to hurt people. Not because it's violent, but because it's just crap.

"I got rims...I got hoes...I got clothes...I got a nose...I got zips...I got O's...I rock shows....I got flows.....HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY".

Hmmmm...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
i listen to classic rock.......the doors, jimi hendrix, the animals, steppenwolf, steve miller band, jefferson airplane, pink floyd (one of my faves)....stuff like that......

sometimes it's nice to listen to something that ain't talkin about how fucked up everything is or listening to some song about bitches this...i gives a fuck about that shit anymore. most rap is GARBAGE ASS BULLSHIT.....

but i been knockin Roach Gigz lately......

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
Hip hop is the entire culture, rap is the action of mc'ing. It just sounds different depending on the origin of the rapper most of the time. Places have made an effort to differentiate the two, especially after the term gangsta rap came out but they are one in the same
no...but cheers to whatever the fuck you said man

lol @ this guy teaching me about my ideas on music

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
a lot of the responses are why i hate the open forum sometimes

it's like there's five drunk frat boys at a park

one starts jumping from foot to foot and tapping his head

the rest start laughing, someone yells out "awesome dude" the next "TOTALLY awesome" another "dude"

one of the other frat boys steps front and center and starts punching himself in the stomach until he pukes, he does this over and over again

the rest start laughing, someone yells out "awesome dude" the next "TOTALLY awesome" another "dude"

shall i keep goin?
lol, what the fuck are you talking about?

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Yup. It's time to just kick back and enjoy life. I still write it, record it, and produce it...but I won't sit there and knock an album all the way through. I usually end up bumpin' a couple songs and then turning on the oldies station.

It's always nice to hear fuckin' Tone Loc pop up on the oldies stations, too. Still get my rap fix, but not a heavy dose of it.
that's pretty much what I'm on. I've been listening to musicians with talent to try and learn how they structured/layered their songs and how they wrote their lyrics. Sade has been my favorite for years but I've been listening to Kem, Steely Dan, Prince, Maxwell and stuff like that more than anything else.

Dec 26, 2004
Yeah Im stearing a bit away from Hip Hop but still my main music.
My 2cd is Heavy Metal.
Im gettin into some lighter music but my ears are always open to anything.

Sep 15, 2002
i listen to classic rock.......the doors, jimi hendrix, the animals, steppenwolf, steve miller band, jefferson airplane, pink floyd (one of my faves)....stuff like that......

yup i listen to a lot of classic rock also. the BEST show i've ever been to was roger waters (pink floyd) "the wall" back in december. i took my 16yr old son & he now has an appreciation for pink floyd.