What ever happend to that group the B.U.M.S?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 27, 2007
I remember bumping their music back in the mid 90's. I used to dig their style... Bay cats that had that east coast flavor. They dropped that 1 album like in 1995 but never heard nothing else from them. They ever put out any other shit?

Aug 20, 2009
i was just listenin to their album months ago,they were on priority records.their b-side single with saafir let it rain was the shit.they even had mystic from the single the life rappin on it.

Aug 17, 2002
there were a lot of tight "east coast" sounding cats in the bay back in the day. bums, homeless derilex, derilex (not to be confused with homeless, and they probably put out the best tape ever from san jose), heiro to some extent, mystic journeymen, to name a few.

i'd much rather hear that then this bugged out rave hybrid "hip hop" people are making these days.

May 5, 2005
Now people here hate on you if you sound like that. They consider sampled beats, "East Coast". Now it's all about these 808 laced beats with rave synths. Pure trash southern knock off beats. Watch everybody is going to start biting Lex Lugar tracks and doing "Trap muzik". Fucking clones

Aug 17, 2002
expand please...

and word, B.U.M.S. were dope. i think one of the reasons why B.U.M.S. got picked up was in part because of Hiero. Souls of Mischief specifically.

heiro kind of had their own sound, they were abstract in certain ways, kind of like how bored stiff was. they were "hip hop" but not necessarily "east" coast sounding. del and casual sounded more western than the souls of mischief.

Feb 8, 2003
i still got they cd in physical form and digital form on a hard drive full of albums i ripped. one of them was freestylin on satlelite radio few years ago it wasnt ap cuz it was the other one.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
I used to LOVE their shit! I remember bein' 15 on my first radio show and getting service from Priority Records. When they sent me The B.U.M.S. I played the hell out of them.

Also, since another cat brought up the Homeless Derelix I gotta say I had a tape my boy from the Zulu Nation gave me and it had a bunch of their unreleased stuff. One song was written from the view of a baby in his mother's stomach and she has an abortion. The shit was DEEP as fuck. You don't hear stuff like that anymore in Hip-Hop.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
One song was written from the view of a baby in his mother's stomach and she has an abortion. The shit was DEEP as fuck. You don't hear stuff like that anymore in Hip-Hop.
I wish rappers took chances on some real, or introspective topics now days... they to scared about image - and being a tough guy