What do you do for a living?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2005
I was working for the Giants in the warehouse shipping n receiving for all the stores. Was dope had access to all the tickets at face value for the post season. Stopped that to finish school and worked part time at Bevmo as a manager. Then I started to lose my vision so I started working full time to get benefits to pay for eye surgery. I'll be having a corneal transplant in 2 weeks and finishing up the little school I have left after to work with youth as a coupler in juvenile halls

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I was working for the Giants in the warehouse shipping n receiving for all the stores. Was dope had access to all the tickets at face value for the post season. Stopped that to finish school and worked part time at Bevmo as a manager. Then I started to lose my vision so I started working full time to get benefits to pay for eye surgery. I'll be having a corneal transplant in 2 weeks and finishing up the little school I have left after to work with youth as a coupler in juvenile halls
damn dude...that's rough. wish you the best

May 22, 2006
That's called lemonade.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Plz post pic of you with eyepatch on for raider photoshops lol

Jun 1, 2004
High school drop out felon fuck up got lucky in the dot com boom & the company at the time I worked in the mailroom for at (Netscape) sent me to school paid in full. Back then it was called Cisco Networking Academy, but I dunno what they call it anymore... no degree, but it gave me 20+ certifications in my field of operation.

....now I am the Senior Systems Development Engineer for one of the world largest most innovative Cyber Security firms.

Been involved with technology for 20 years now, first tech gig was in tech support for Cisco Systems & moved onto IT Helpdesk, to Deskside Support, to Systems administrator now in an Engineering environment.
you lost me after "High school drop out felon", but good shit man. Its always dope when a company invests in their employee regardless of their past.

Jun 1, 2004
good shit ya'll. ya homie 20 credits away from a bachelor's degree in psychology, n workin in an office coordinating remodel projects between customer and general contractor. coo'est job I had was actually making spice (fake weed chit), yea it sucks for cats that smoke it but thats their choice. job paid monthly bonuses depending on sales (minimum $500), paid lunches, fridge full o' drinks (alcohol paid for after work), also took everyone in warehouse to rush concert (paid as a driver to take other employees). spice was called Zombie. feds shut that chit down, owners n financial backers jailed.

Jun 1, 2004
Part time lecturer in the psychology department (neuroscience, not 'tell-me-your-feelings') and I work for a think tank that deals with public policy on cannabis legalization doing research on social justice issues.
what does your lecturing pertain to regarding neuroscience specifically? I got into psychology so I wouldn't have to feel like I had to "tell someone my feelings", rather I would like to understand why I think the way I do and make necessary adjustments so to enjoy life as it is presented to me. overall I am satisfied with what I have learned through my online studies, the positive interactions I experience daily prove my success with applying what I have learned thus far. oh yea and I like the doja :siccness:

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
what does your lecturing pertain to regarding neuroscience specifically? I got into psychology so I wouldn't have to feel like I had to "tell someone my feelings", rather I would like to understand why I think the way I do and make necessary adjustments so to enjoy life as it is presented to me. overall I am satisfied with what I have learned through my online studies, the positive interactions I experience daily prove my success with applying what I have learned thus far. oh yea and I like the doja :siccness:
I teach a class on the neuroscience of sensation and perception, where I go over the sensory signals from the physical energy, to the method of transduction where they are turned into a nerve signal (i.e photoreceptors in the eye for vision, hair cells in the cochlea for hearing, etc.) through the neural pathways in the brain that process the signals at more and more complex levels. Also a lab class on cognitive science, where the kids replicate classic cognitive psychology experiments that demonstrate some fundamentals about the way the brain works, and then come up with their own simple experiments they can carry out in class and do they. Its kind of a nice class, because its usually their first exposure to actually doing any kind of hands on science, as opposed to passive learning.

Dec 28, 2004
I registered and applied with the County and took my County test and passed with flying colors. I just got hired to work for Social Services and I'm going full speed ahead with it. After a period of time I can transfer to any dept. in the County including the Coroner office and make a lot more than I was making in the funeral home.
^^what I've been doing for past 13 years. County job. Supervise eligibility workers in social services. Great benefits, descent pay. Started as a clerk, then a eligibility worker and now supervise. Nothing special but its coo