What are some interesting religions that you study?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 14, 2004
I enjoy studying religion when I get the chance.

Favs are

1. Aum Shinriko
2. Hasidm
3. Zoroastrianism

Just some things that interest me.

Side Note: Christianity is my life so that is something I not only study but hold as reality. Thats me though.

May 14, 2002
Never heard about one of those three, Ha

I'm getting into a little hinduism and taoism. intresting ideologies but I'm not a follower of any belief at this moment.

Jul 22, 2006
Ancient Greek & Roman. Christian mythology can also be entertaining. Though my formal studies in Christian mythology are much more limited than Greek & Roman.

Oct 14, 2004
@JL-Iam interested in things that people believe as relates to religion. Some of the things that people believe sound far out, but its their way to understand life.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Rob S4 said:
@JL-Iam interested in things that people believe as relates to religion. Some of the things that people believe sound far out, but its their way to understand life.
You mean like a human dying, then being "resurrected" and then ascending to heaven? lol...just givin you shit cause of your comment...

I don't believe in any religion or any God. I just believe what I believe, hard to explain it in detail unless I'm talking with someone face to face.

Most people look at the forces working in our universe and call it "God" because they don't know what it is...I call it "ENERGY" because that IS what it is.

I've been reading up on Christianity, Buddhism for awhile, and of course the beliefs of Atheists. Greek and Roman stuff too, I find that really interesting.

But what I find most interesting...is that Christianity came AFTER most of these religions, and it BITES so much shit from every other religion it's not even funny. At least, that's what I've come to believe based on everything I've read over the last 4-5 years.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
^^I was going to take some religious studies courses at my school but I didn't have time. There's actually a major and minor for it, the minor is like 20 credits, so that's like 4-5 classes.

I took a philosophy class and the prof went over Christianity, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and some other religions, and then the stupid bitch had the nerve to call Atheism a religion. I raised my hand and was like, "hold up there, they don't believe in God, it's not a fucking religion, it's a belief system without external imaginary personas that people believe in.

After that she didn't cover Atheism cause she knew she didn't fucking know anything about it, except what she read in the text book, which was much less than what I knew at the time.

JL, I hope you have a knowledgeable/good professor teaching the class. Where are you taking the class at?

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
at a Local Community College

jccc.net

Its a real decent school and has a HUGE enrollment for a community college, im talking 25K students plus....

anyway.....im taking the class as a required 3 hour elective. I dont know who is teaching it...but I imagine it will be someone good because most the professors at this school are good.

Dec 8, 2005
buddhism, hinduism, taoism, rasta, people of the book.

i dont really study them as works of gods but i take the lessons and advice from them and consider them and their application to the world today and to my life. i leave the dogma and rituals and "facts" and promises in the garbage where they were created and belong, imo. but gaining the insight from other perspectives without having to pay the "costs" of worship and absolute acceptance is very satisfying to me.

its like a metaphorical highlander chopping the heads off of all of mans created deities and taking their power (things i can use to my benefit) and disposing of their weakness (things intended to violate my autonomy).

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
HERESY said:
You don't know what Mcmahonism is????????????????? What are they teaching you kids in school?!?!?!?!

http://www.search.com/reference/McMahonism
Nothing. 98% of what I know I have taught myself. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

EDIT: I didn't put 2 and 2 together, I didn't realize that's how he spelled his name. I thought it looked familiar. Sure as hell don't get taught that crap in school, which is good...lol...