what are some good hip hop (not rap) message boards?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

noWetaG

Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2002
GateWonProduct.com
i cant believe were onna WEST COAST message board.....
and mafukaz fail 2 realize "gangsta shit" or not.....
its all hip-hop......as much as most of those who do not
feel we belong in the genre would like 2 push us out........
difference with 2day is, we didnt allow them 2......

Jul 7, 2002
cdbaby.com
man there are some dumb ass fucks in here, epsecially mofo]s who aint never been in a studio to wokr or ever rocked a crowd.. u cats is retards.. britney spears and nora jones are both pop right? so what is puff daddy u trik.. is he not "pop-ular" material... ofcourse he is..he is mor epop than anybody.owee, but yeah he raps right, or was it hip-hop.. man fuck a genre..they hav that shit just to be ablr to "market" music for a certain "type" or "crowd" of people..i.e neo-soul..wat the fuck is neo-soul..old rnb sounding mofo's that have influences from jazz to rock.. u suckas is killin meeh who say rap and hip-hop is the same... ask an MC, a Dj call fuckin chuey gomez at kmel..lol

May 10, 2002
"Rap is the music of the Hip Hop Culture" - Russell Simmons

I'm para-phrasing but it was something like that. That should clear things up

Oct 4, 2002
510outtapocket.com
rap4rights said:
man there are some dumb ass fucks in here, epsecially mofo]s who aint never been in a studio to wokr or ever rocked a crowd.. u cats is retards.. britney spears and nora jones are both pop right? so what is puff daddy u trik.. is he not "pop-ular" material... ofcourse he is..he is mor epop than anybody.owee, but yeah he raps right, or was it hip-hop.. man fuck a genre..they hav that shit just to be ablr to "market" music for a certain "type" or "crowd" of people..i.e neo-soul..wat the fuck is neo-soul..old rnb sounding mofo's that have influences from jazz to rock.. u suckas is killin meeh who say rap and hip-hop is the same... ask an MC, a Dj call fuckin chuey gomez at kmel..lol
im a MC...and ill tell you its the same...i got a Dj..ive opened up shows for immortal technique a battle champ from NEw York who was in the source unsigned hype...Mac Lethal.winner of rocsteady....and im opening up for RBl Posse and San Quinn in the bart tot he siccness tour..ive been in a ton of mc battles..and my Dj has been ina ton of DJ BATTLES..

the living legends.. heiro...they all give props to the bay vets like RBL , Too SHort, E-40..... WEst Coast hip hop is the shit..its hip hop....we have so much sub-genres of hip hop... Gangsta Rap, Mobb Music, Concious Hip Hop.... You can find all these rappers in the BAY..its fucking wonderful.... theres hip hop for everybody...

May 2, 2002
Purebred Hogg said:

Nevermind...obviously you dont grasp the concept of genre.Are Norah Jones and Brittany Spears the same?NO...but they are both pop...do you understand what im talkin about?

And no...all the rappers arent different..THEY ALL RAP....they just rap about different shit...but they are all HIP-HOP ARTISTS.When you go to the store...dont you see a tag that says "Rap"....and you see Wu-Tang and Snoop in the there?Or when a store says "Hip-Hop"...yiou see Mos Def and Scarface in there....so your points are lude...and mislead...this is hip-hop dog....wether you a gangsta or a spirutual leader...
Homie I understand what a genre is don't fuckin try n talk down on me. You obviously don't know what the word DIFFERENT means or else we wouldn't be having this conversation. I've been listening to rap & hip hop for a long time and I know what i'm talking about when I say that they are different. Yes all rappers rap, all people who rap & sing use their voice to rap or sing but does that mean that everyone who raps & sings is the same? And you say that rappers rap about different shit but then you say that there's no difference? That seems like a difference to me. In the 80s rap was basically all the same but it has evolved a lot since then and has branched out in many different directions & styles just like jazz, rock, etc. That's why you don't see people like Psycho Drama & Brotha Lynch performing at an underground hip hop show. Now if rap was all the same it wouldn't be like that ,would it? I never said that rap & hip hop are completely different but just that there are differences which some people seem to have a hard time dealing with.

Apr 25, 2002
What the hell are you guys talking about...

Sure it's all hip hop, fine... But when you're trying to describe a different kind of rap, hip hop is a good way to describe it... If you tell me you listen to Bay Area Rap I'm thinking 40, Spice 1, etc. and if you say Bay Area Hip Hop I'm thinking Hiero, Mystik Journeymen, etc. and most people would think the same. It's nothing to get upset over it's not taking anything away from any of the artists, it's just an easy way to describe shit. Damn.

May 10, 2002
D-Style said:

Homie I understand what a genre is don't fuckin try n talk down on me. You obviously don't know what the word DIFFERENT means or else we wouldn't be having this conversation. I've been listening to rap & hip hop for a long time and I know what i'm talking about when I say that they are different. Yes all rappers rap, all people who rap & sing use their voice to rap or sing but does that mean that everyone who raps & sings is the same? And you say that rappers rap about different shit but then you say that there's no difference? That seems like a difference to me. In the 80s rap was basically all the same but it has evolved a lot since then and has branched out in many different directions & styles just like jazz, rock, etc. That's why you don't see people like Psycho Drama & Brotha Lynch performing at an underground hip hop show. Now if rap was all the same it wouldn't be like that ,would it? I never said that rap & hip hop are completely different but just that there are differences which some people seem to have a hard time dealing with.
Let me ask you somethin dog...when someone is on the mic..are they rapping?Or hip-hoping?Exactly...Q-Tip raps...Lynch...raps...they are both rappers...they both make hip-hop music...so shut the fuck up bro...ask any real artist and they will tell you what the fuck im talkin about..YOU A RAPPER IN THE HIP-HOP GAME....end of story...if you wanna run around here and break up the culture..go right a fuck ahead buddy...you lookin real ignorant right now potna...i dont give a fuck how long you been listenin to hip-hop dog...youre wrong on this..i respect peoples opinion...but these are stone cold ass facts that you are goin against...so you are wrong....and any real muthafucka on here will feel me...

And rap4rights..you look just as retarded lil boy...dont run your mouth off if you aint got real facts...

Oct 4, 2002
510outtapocket.com
jut to clear things up..when alot of west coast artists use the word rap, they are refering to hip hop.....when they had ice-t and ice cube talking bout hip hop, they used the word rap....

and yo..whne i think bay area hip hop i think grouch, spice 1, too short, heiro, blackalicious, keek, the luniz.........

its NY's fault, they the ones who separated the two and called hip hop anywhere non hiip hop...this just the after effects..anyone who thinks rap and hip hop are different fell for their deviousness..

also, theres a different types of West coast hip hop...REITERATION..MOBB, GANGSTA, SICC SHIT, Concious, Creative Fiction, Etc.......

"Since this is the West Coast I like my hip-hop bumpin'" -The Grouch

May 2, 2002
Purebred Hogg said:

Let me ask you somethin dog...when someone is on the mic..are they rapping?Or hip-hoping?Exactly...Q-Tip raps...Lynch...raps...they are both rappers...they both make hip-hop music...
Stevie Wonder sings & Britney Spears sings but do they both make the same music? No. Ones more funk & soul influenced while the others straight up pop music. Both of their music falls under the rock genre but they are very different from each other.
Now how can I consider rappers like Styles P, 50 Cent, etc Hip Hop? They are RAPPERS who rap about how much money they have and how many clubs they hit up. I consider their kind of music RAP not HIP-HOP. You go into a hip hop store and call someone like Mase "REAL HIP HOP" they're gonna laugh at you cuz he's a rapper in the rap game, not the hip hop game. Mos Def, Common, Jedi Mind Tricks, Last Emperor, Defari, Declaime, & Pharcyde are REAL HIP HOP rappers (again they are both rappers just as there are rock singers, jazz singers, even trance singers, but they are DIFFERENT, get what im sayin?). Even people will say that "man I don't listen to hip hop dogg, I listen to gangsta rap". You can't say that some rappers like Mass 187 fall into the same category or the same game itself as defari or any of them. Now I could care less about this "culture" that I'm trying to break up all I care about is the music itself. Hip Hop rappers & Gangsta rappers have broken it up themselves, it isn't a bad thing, it just means that rap & hip hop are becoming too big & have grown so much to consider them the same anymore. I mean look at it this way, Jazz artists sing & Rock artists sing but they are completely different from each other. They both sing but they are NOT the same. They might be singers in the pop game but that doesn't make their music similar.

May 2, 2002
fozzit said:
did u not read my post...its all hip hop music, but it is broken down in SUB GENRES..............
so what is it? is hip hop a sub genre of rap or is rap a sub genre of hip hop? This is why people refer to rap & hip hop as rap & hip hop not rap as hip hop or hip hop as rap.

May 2, 2002
fozzit said:
no dood.. mobb music is a sub genre of Gangsta Rap which is a Genre of Hip hop(Rap) Music...... theres concious RAP, Gangsta RAP ETC....
You can't consider mobb music a whole new sub genre of gangsta rap because it doesn't even differ from gangsta rap as a whole. Mobb rappers rap about pretty much the exact same shit that la gangsta rappers do. Hip Hop & Rap are different genres. If they were the same there wouldn't be a Rap & Hip Hop it would just be Rap or Hip Hop.

Oct 4, 2002
510outtapocket.com
like i said earlier...the rap vs hip hop thing is false monster created by new york critics...if you dont beleive me...heresa a Article form the BAYS OWN DAVEY D circa 99

"I can't even began to tell you how many times I've been in rooms and meetings where industry cats have turned down an artist with the criticism that he wasn't 'street enough'. 'The real Hip Hop comes from the streets' was what was being harked by more then a few industry folks not so long ago. The next thing you know kids are being encouraged to peddle the pathological behavior of our community within Hip Hop A couple of years later that same industry cat is telling artist that their music is way 'too ghetto' and they need to sound more 'underground'. They even came up with with some ridiculous divide and conquer theory about how gangsta is 'rap' and being underground is 'Hip Hop'. 'He's making the underground artist feel like its a cardinal sin to make some money and that he's somehow violating a Hip Hop code of ethics to get paid for his craft. The irony here is while this 'keep it real and stay broke' nonsense is being preached the industry cat is steadfastly getting paid by taking money for adds from artist who are 'gangsta'. He's signing or distributing artists via his label who are gangsta. A man without a grounded spirit is a man who will easily compromise his principals.

The real Hip Hop comes from the underground' is the song they sing today. Tomorrow it will be something else. The trick is to get the Hip Hop artist to buy into these ever changing rules. What that industry cat never reveals is that he's walking on a thin line and should the Hip Hop artist ever open his eyes he would quickly realize is that the industry cat is nothing more then a middle man. It is not necessary for him to be on the scene for Hip Hop to function. In fact it may actually progress a lot further if he wasn't in the mix stirring up conflict. East vs West, Commercial vs Underground, Rap vs Hip Hop etc are a few of the many things the industry has tossed in our paths and we unfortunately allowed them to be major distractions. Too many of us have cast aside our spirits and allowed ourselves to be manipulated by this an industry that never had our best interest in the first place. We stride to be accepted by someone who is souless. "

FastLane/S::G

overly international
Sep 17, 2002
ATL SHAWTY
www.siccness.net
Purebred Hogg said:

And no...all the rappers arent different..THEY ALL RAP....they just rap about different shit...but they are all HIP-HOP ARTISTS.
authentic chop

i don't know why folks can't see this

only difference is that some of these hip hop artists, or rappers, are game goofy on the subject of hip hop as the artform..... but they still rhyme over a beat like their so-called 'Real Hip Hop' counterparts