what are some good hip hop (not rap) message boards?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
G-Dubb i haven't talked to Cash in a second...
he musta got a life lol

i think it should be comin out soon...he still hasn't send me the CD version of the beat for the song on his album

but him and Jugga The Bullies collab album "Proffesional Bullies" is supposed to be droppin 2003...as well as his solo

May 2, 2002
fozzit said:
wtf...not the rap is different than hip hop again....
It is to a certain extent. Different vibe, different subject matter, different production. For example would you say that Hieroglyphics, Mystik Journeymen, Living Legends, etc are the same as 3X Krazy, The Delinquents, & Black Dynasty? Nah they rap about totally different shit & they have a completely different sound. The only thing they have in common is that they both rap. Rap has branched out a lot and some styles are very different than others. Just like not all jazz is the same, not all r&b is the same, not all rock is the same (you know how many different types of rock there are?), and the list goes on.

Jul 7, 2002
cdbaby.com
for the person sayin rap and hip-hop R the same... r u dumb or what....

hip-hop: more likely to use real instruments, talk about sumthin other than killin bitches and smokin a bowl everyday

rap: the same thing i just listed above is what they do

r ice cube and talib kweli the same

would you see a break dancer in lil jon and the eastside boys video..or a half naked girl at the roots concert?

think about it buddy

federashun.com

Oct 4, 2002
510outtapocket.com
yeah dood...

1. talib and ice cube used to rhyme about the same things..they are two different genres... talib makes concious rhymes.. ice cube now makes strictly party music..

2. break dancers dont just dance to hip hop...and yeah id see a break dancer in a lil jon video...

its ignorant folks like you that are separating the hip hop community..what you think the west side conenction album is about?....WC was tryna make a point to ny critics that we are just as much apart of hip hop as they are... and to give respect to ppl like NWA, Too SHort, E-40 pionneers in hip hop for what they did...

May 10, 2002
Hip-hop is a fuckin genre of music dipshits.Like Heavy Metal and Jazz....if you cant see that...youre a fuckin retard...so who ever says that Hip-hop and rap are different...is a fuckin crack smoker and needs to leave this board...plain & simple...

May 4, 2002
Purebred Hogg said:
Actually...hip-hop and rap are exactly the same thing...i dont know what the fuck youre talkin about...???
THANK YOU!!!!!

some muthafuckas just RAP....but its all a form of.........say it together people.............."HIP-HOP"......

May 13, 2002
MAN,ITS LIKE THIS ,YOU GOT TRU HIP HOP HEADS THAT SWEAR BY SAMPLING AND TURNTABLES,YOU GOT CATS THAT DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HIP HOP BUT LOVE HARD CORE GANGSTA SHIT,YOU HAVE VENUES LIKE THE PHEONEX THEATER IN THE NORTH BAY THAT ALLOW HIP HOP ACTS LIKE DISFLEX6 BUT WONT LET SOMEONE LIKE SPICE 1 PERFORM, TELL ME THAT VAN HALEN IS THE SAME AS GWAR? TELL ME THAT LYNCH IS THE SAME AS LLCOOL J, CANT BE DONE CAN IT? RAP HAS BRANCHED OFF INTO ITS OWN WORLD WITH ITS OWN SET OF RULES, TO ME THERE IS A DIFFERENCE TO MOST

May 2, 2002
kev ski said:
MAN,ITS LIKE THIS ,YOU GOT TRU HIP HOP HEADS THAT SWEAR BY SAMPLING AND TURNTABLES,YOU GOT CATS THAT DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HIP HOP BUT LOVE HARD CORE GANGSTA SHIT,YOU HAVE VENUES LIKE THE PHEONEX THEATER IN THE NORTH BAY THAT ALLOW HIP HOP ACTS LIKE DISFLEX6 BUT WONT LET SOMEONE LIKE SPICE 1 PERFORM, TELL ME THAT VAN HALEN IS THE SAME AS GWAR? TELL ME THAT LYNCH IS THE SAME AS LLCOOL J, CANT BE DONE CAN IT? RAP HAS BRANCHED OFF INTO ITS OWN WORLD WITH ITS OWN SET OF RULES, TO ME THERE IS A DIFFERENCE TO MOST
true and that's exactly what I'm talking about.

May 2, 2002
It's funny how people get so hurt about this subject when they fail to realize the obvious differences between real hip hop & rap. How are common & lil flip alike? How about Mos Def & Fire Cracker? Slum Village & Wu-Tang? If you can tell me that all the rappers I just listed are no different than each other and have the same subject matter and everything then you proved me wrong. Otherwise stop arguing about something that you know is true.

May 10, 2002
D-Style said:
It's funny how people get so hurt about this subject when they fail to realize the obvious differences between real hip hop & rap. How are common & lil flip alike? How about Mos Def & Fire Cracker? Slum Village & Wu-Tang? If you can tell me that all the rappers I just listed are no different than each other and have the same subject matter and everything then you proved me wrong. Otherwise stop arguing about something that you know is true.
Nevermind...obviously you dont grasp the concept of genre.Are Norah Jones and Brittany Spears the same?NO...but they are both pop...do you understand what im talkin about?

And no...all the rappers arent different..THEY ALL RAP....they just rap about different shit...but they are all HIP-HOP ARTISTS.When you go to the store...dont you see a tag that says "Rap"....and you see Wu-Tang and Snoop in the there?Or when a store says "Hip-Hop"...yiou see Mos Def and Scarface in there....so your points are lude...and mislead...this is hip-hop dog....wether you a gangsta or a spirutual leader...