Well if no ones gonna do it..Bank robbery leaves officer dead

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2006
inShare
Vallejo cop shot and killed while pursuing bank robbery suspects

By Ton Burchyns

Vallejo Times Herald

Posted: 11/17/2011 05:53:50 PM PST
Updated: 11/17/2011 07:08:53 PM PST

Veteran Vallejo police officer killed during pursuit of bank robbery suspects

Law enforcement swarm over North Vallejo area in search of second suspect

An 18-year veteran Vallejo police officer was killed Thursday afternoon following a high-speed pursuit of bank robbery suspects in North Vallejo.

Officer Jim Capoot, 45, died at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Vallejo, after he was mortally wounded while chasing suspects who had abandoned the apparent getaway vehicle in the 100 block of Janice Street. Earlier reports indicated that the wounded officer was to be flown to John Muir Medical Center, but that was deemed too far, law enforcement sources said.

The Vallejo police department
has scheduled a 6 p.m. news conference about the shooting and pursuit.

Reports from the scene indicate the officer was shot several times after the suspects left an SUV and began fleeing on foot on Janice Street near Mark Avenue.

One suspect was arrested after the shooting, and a regional SWAT team was called in to help in the search for a second suspect. At about 2:15 p.m. SWAT members entered a house in the 100 block of Janice Street, and began moving door to door afterward. Janice Street was cordoned off and officers widened their search perimeter with several law enforcement helicopters hovering overhead.

The pursuit followed a robbery at a Bank of America branch in Springstowne Center on Springs Road in Vallejo. Both
Advertisement
suspects were described as black males wearing Halloween masks during the robbery. A mask was found in the back of the abandoned SUV, police said.

Law enforcement from numerous area communities as well as the California Highway Patrol were assisting Vallejo police. Police from American Canyon, Fairfield, Benicia and Vacaville responded to the scene.

The officer's slaying is the first involving a Vallejo officer since Jeffrey Azuar was killed on April 12, 2000, while trying to arrest a suspect on an outstanding warrant. Capoot was the fourth Vallejo officer killed in the line of the duty in the city's 155-year history.

Mar 21, 2009
he was a good dude, coached the Vallejo High Girls hoop team until this year, and took in the children of Joe Battle from N2Deep when him and his girl died this year... let the hate begin...
that is one of the weirdest thing i've ever heard. don't know what to say

sorry i guess

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
One suspect was arrested after the shooting, and a regional SWAT team was called in to help in the search for a second suspect. At about 2:15 p.m. SWAT members entered a house in the 100 block of Janice Street, and began moving door to door afterward.
on my way home, i drove through gateway drive and posted on sawyer street on the crest...the whole hood was outside, and it seems like they were evacuating homes...there was about 20+ vallejo police cars and solano county sheriff cars out, plus 3 helicopters over the crest.

Dec 2, 2003
Just saw it on the news and that's fucked up. I know people say "fuck the police", but not all of them are bad. He had 3 kids and adopted Lofty's and his wife 2 kids after they passed(like Cut-Throat said in his post). That's a GOOD friend! Some real sad news! My prayers go out to his family and friends. R.I.P.