weights

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 23, 2006
i dont have that strong of a chest and i bench 145 but i hear dudes talkin in my school bout benchin 215 250 im like damn nigga u rnt even that big...i havnt seen em doin it but still...why talk bout somthin that is so easy to get tested...cause we have a weight room at the school...

but my homies back in san jo they rnt much bigger than me and they bench the same as me...

its crazy haha im just sittin there all quiet.... ** i live in san antonio texas right now **

but i know that it all takes time cause ive been workin out for like 6 or 7 months nd i see myself gettin stronger so its all good...i have stronger legs though...

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

yea, the prolly aint lyin...espesially football players, they be benchin hella much for how much they weigh

Jan 5, 2006
its not hard if you do it everyother day for the football season. Just lift hella weights in low reps, eventually u get used to it. then u add more n more weight n so on til ur a beast.

Dec 23, 2006
yeah, but im not only tryin to get strong on my chest...im doin workouts so my whole body gets strong...now just my chest....namean?? i just dont go in there nd bench all the time...i go in, do some back, do some chest...come back the day after the next nd do legs nd calves...ya kno?

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
luv2squab said:
yeah, but im not only tryin to get strong on my chest...im doin workouts so my whole body gets strong...now just my chest....namean?? i just dont go in there nd bench all the time...i go in, do some back, do some chest...come back the day after the next nd do legs nd calves...ya kno?
Exactly. I try to spread it around, chest on Monday, back on Wednesday, shoulders on Friday, and legs on Sunday, but most muscles get worked out in my workouts in some secondary way. The guys you are talking about probably just go in and bench press everyday and the rest of their body is not equally developed. They probably have some little chicken legs that look like they are ready to snap in half holding up all of the chest muscle weight.

Feb 14, 2004
3 DAYS A WK IS ALL YOU NEED
DO BENCH PRESS,DIPS SQUATS, DEAD LIFTS, LEG CURLS, LUNGES, PULL DOWNS
DUMBBELL ROWS, OVER HEAD PRESS, CURLS (STR8 BAR), & SKULL CRUSHERS
WARM UP SET THEN 2 REPS
ITS CALLED OVERLOAD PROGRESSION YOU'LL SEE GREAT RESULTS

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
Everyone has a different body, the last thing you want to do is compare yourself to someone else...That's the thing about lifting weights, you need to have PATIENCE and understand that it takes time...NO ONE has gotten big or strong over night...Just make you sure you're doing it "right" with the proper form and speed...that is where you will get the best results...focus on your body and dont worry about what your friends are doing...

Yes, continue to work your whole body....for many people legs are the hardest thing for them to workout because we(society/women) are more fascinated with the upper body(abs, shoulders, arms, back..etc) that we over look legs or we dont reward it the same...Only other lifters(who work their legs) will appreciate strong legs...

Mar 5, 2006
ive seen lil guys bench more then big guys..if ur talking about getting ur chest bigger u gotta put on some weight and tehn build muscles..protein is a good thing will help u..and yea do what "137757" says...or get a bowflex they say " u word out 3 times a week 20 min sessions" and ull be ripped within 6 weeks..and ifi dont work u get ur $$ back..ima try that shit ive used them they are good shit..lil pricey but its a full gym all u need in 1 machine and u can have it in ur house.

Apr 25, 2002
luv2squab said:
i dont have that strong of a chest and i bench 145...

How old are you? How much do you weigh, a buck fifty? If you’re over 16 years old you’ve gotta be a twiggy mother fucker otherwise you’ve got some girly atrophy muscles – for real.

Nov 24, 2003
Train1983 said:
Only other lifters(who work their legs) will appreciate strong legs...

The thing a lot of people don't realize is that legs play a big part in the development of your upper body. Your body natural tries to stay balanced so if you are only lifting upper body you are gonna hit a wall when your body starts to get really out of balance.

On the other, if you are squatting the house, your body is gonna look to balance out the upper body by getting bigger.

Also, the heavy weights you use while squatting stimulate more natural testosterone production in your body.

Nov 1, 2005
i used to work with this guy who was about 5'6 maybe 5'7 weighed about165 and benched over 300 lbs..dude was fukin strong as fuck,i told him a few times he should get into boxing couse dude had that one hitter quiter too.

Dec 23, 2006
California Bear said:
how much do you squat squab ?

if you want to learn more about training go to t-nation.com or bodybuilding.com
ummmm i dont know the exact weight i have it written down on my book but my book is in my dads car right now....ummmm i know its around 150...or 160....

Dec 23, 2006
ColdBlooded said:
How old are you? How much do you weigh, a buck fifty? If you’re over 16 years old you’ve gotta be a twiggy mother fucker otherwise you’ve got some girly atrophy muscles – for real.
im 15, turned 15 in july, i weight like 135 or 140....im like 5' 10

Dec 23, 2006
@ wat it thizz

hahaha im not in football...nd im sayin that i hear people talkin bout benchin like 250 nd shit nd im all sittin there quiet like damn these niggas dont even look like they can put that shit up..

Jun 21, 2006
^ i kno, i'm just saying. After spending alot of time in the gym tho you can see that theres alot of fools who lie about that shit but my roomate can put it up 250 and he only weighs like 160 and isn't even 6 foot. Don't be too quick to judge people just on looks, i have a friend whos 5'9 but can put up over 300 on bench, kids straight yokin tho. You don't need to be lookin like 50 cent to put up good wieght