Weekly Movie Recomendation

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
One of, if not the best car chase scenes EVER. Staring Mr. Cool Steve McQueen. Very good movie.

Bullitt (1968)

An all guts, no glory San Francisco cop becomes determined to find the underworld kingpin that killed the witness in his protection.

The director called for speeds of about 75-80 mph, but the cars (including the ones containing the cameras) reached speeds of over 110 mph. Filming of the chase scene took three weeks, resulting in 9 minutes and 42 seconds of footage. They were denied permission to film on the Golden Gate Bridge.

May 9, 2002
One of, if not the best car chase scenes EVER. Staring Mr. Cool Steve McQueen. Very good movie.

Bullitt (1968)

An all guts, no glory San Francisco cop becomes determined to find the underworld kingpin that killed the witness in his protection.

The director called for speeds of about 75-80 mph, but the cars (including the ones containing the cameras) reached speeds of over 110 mph. Filming of the chase scene took three weeks, resulting in 9 minutes and 42 seconds of footage. They were denied permission to film on the Golden Gate Bridge.

My friend is a huge Charger enthuiest and he often references this movie as one of the great car chase movies ever...for obvious reasons.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
One of my all time favorites from one of my all time favorite directors. Still relevant today. Extremely funny satire about the end of the world. Biting social and political commentary. Fantastic cast. Sterling Hayden, George C. Scott, and Peter Sellers are fantastic! A MUST SEE!

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

The story concerns a mentally unstable US Air Force general who orders a first strike nuclear attack on the Soviet Union, and follows the President of the United States, his advisors, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and a Royal Air Force (RAF) officer as they try to recall the bombers to prevent a nuclear apocalypse, as well as the crew of one B52 as they attempt to deliver their payload.

In 1989 the United States Library of Congress deemed the film "culturally significant" and selected it for preservation in the National Film Registry.

Premiere voted this movie as one of "The 50 Greatest Comedies Of All Time" in 2006.

Listed as #3 on AFI's 100 Years... 100 Laughs.
Dr. Strangelove is easily in my top 10 ever.

WayCide-Ridah

Evergreen Hustlah
Sep 13, 2005
Tha Eva Green
how about "Bad Boys" with a young sean penn...shit was coo, watched it on showtime last night after not seeing it in years

Director:Rick Rosenthal

Writer:Richard Di Lello (writer)

Release Date:25 March 1983 (USA) more
Genre:Crime / Drama / Thriller more
Tagline:In their world, if you're 17 and still alive you're a survivor [Video Australia] more
Plot Outline:Chicago crime kid Mick O'Brien is sent to reform school after accidentally killing Paco Moreno's kid brother.

Sep 29, 2003

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0936501/

My friend recommended this one to me, and when I saw the previews I thought it was a ridiculous concept for a movie that has been done tons of times. Then one rainy Friday night I was in the movie store and decided to throw my preconceived notions about Liam Neeson aside and check it out. Lemme tell ya, no regrets. This movie is soooo savage, seriously. If you want a wicked action movie (takes about 20 minutes to develop), check this one out. One of my recent favorites.....