Webber is done

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Webber retires
Associated Press
Article Launched: 03/25/2008 05:25:02 PM PDT

OAKLAND _ Chris Webber is ending his comeback attempt with the Golden State Warriors and will retire after 15 seasons in the NBA.

Warriors spokesman Raymond Ridder says Webber will make the announcement at a news conference Wednesday. The news was first reported by ESPN.com.

Webber played only nine games this season in his comeback attempt with the Golden State Warriors before being sidelined by a bum knee that has hampered him in recent years.

Webber was the most prominent member of the Fab Five at Michigan and played for Golden State, Washington, Sacramento, Philadelphia and Detroit in his NBA career.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3311954

9 games and the Webber experiment is done...nellie and mullin thought wrong on that one...haha

we still ballin

Apr 25, 2002
thanks for all the help this season chris! you really stepped it up at the 5 spot!

garbage. good thing we didnt give away anyone too decent for him.

ComputerNerd

Graphic Artist
Apr 25, 2002
I liked CWebb, but it was pretty obvious that he couldn't move out there this year !!! shit, he was a 20/10 guy last year in Philly before he went to the Pistions, but that was with a whole summer and traning camp......wish he woulda worked out !! but that knee just ain't gonna heal fast when your 35 !!

Jan 2, 2004
Chris was always one of my favorite ballers from his Michigan days on.. Its sad to see him retire, but he probably shouldn't have waited so long to sign with a team this year. I know he was waiting on the Pistons, though, he didn't feel like he fit with the team.

He was a good contributer for us last year, but it was obvious at the end of the season that he was done.

Jan 18, 2006
He is the one of the main reasons i hated the Kings and im so glad this dude isnt with us anymore. I never wanted him to come back and dude is a straight cancer, fuck that piece of shit.

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
He is the one of the main reasons i hated the Kings and im so glad this dude isnt with us anymore. I never wanted him to come back and dude is a straight cancer, fuck that piece of shit.
did you just turn into a Warriors fan recently? why you dissin dude so bad? hahaha just cuz he didnt do shit for the Dubs in the last 9 games he played doesnt mean he's a piece of shit player. Webber did alot for the Warriors when he first started as a rookie...thats all that matters.

Jan 18, 2006
^^^ i hate him cuz he walked away from the warriors after one season, left the Warriors with a bunch of question marks and obviously they never made it back to the playoffs until last season and that was very close to not happening. I never said dude sucked i just mean hes backstabbing bitch, i'll never forget the first time he came back to golden state in a bullets uniform, on the front page of the sports section was him and Sprewell hugging, Sprewell was damn near a trader at the time to cuz he couldnt get along with Tim Hardaway.

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
^^^^^^Webber had a problem with Nelson and Sprewell had a problem with Carlesimo. they ended up leaving the team because they couldnt get along with the coaches. ATLEAST Webber wanted to come back and try something new with Nelson and the Dubs...he said he likes the team's style of play and believes that they can go far, and he just wanted to come back and try to be a part of that. I cant see how he's a backstabber.