Weak Northern Albums u have heard recently (Official Thread)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 11, 2011
this thread is for northern albums u were disappointed with only

i'll start this off right
the new big tone & sav it out was a real sleeper
with such genius tracks as really mobbin & then how deep is your mobb
by the time i got to track 5 i was all mobbed out ,
favorite track :mingle with demonz
least favorite track : the rest of the album

if anyone want's to add on to the list be careful you might hurt their feelings.

Mar 14, 2008
this thread is for northern albums u were disappointed with only

i'll start this off right
the new big tone & sav it out was a real sleeper
with such genius tracks as really mobbin & then how deep is your mobb
by the time i got to track 5 i was all mobbed out ,
favorite track :mingle with demonz
least favorite track : the rest of the album

if anyone want's to add on to the list be careful you might hurt their feelings.
Hate to agree.

Sep 16, 2011
Mingle with demons is our favorite from the album because it felt like Woodie produced that shit. I liked that as of right now track n that mac mall one too. Didn't care for shadows song n that was a shock. It woulda been cool to have b dawg, lou e lou and shadow on a track but that's just trying to bring east co co back. Sav it out is something completely different n big tone is really the only one putting out decent shit well coner is cool too

Oct 20, 2003
Womp Womp! can't satisfy everyone, but I feel the album was a success. was #1 on rapbay, hit #3 in all rasputans, hit the top 100 on itunes charts I think at 50 or somethin and still seems to be still selling. but thanks for your opinion. my feelings don't get hurt. My fan base seems to be still growing aswell as my music. I know alot of you on here want that same sound from back in the day, but if all my albums sound like that, I dont think I would of made it this far. just my opinion.... our audiance is much larger than just the east co co forum, but I still always keep Woods name alive every album.

Jun 12, 2003
to keep it real i dont really buy northern albums anymore....so i couldnt even tell u which ones are weak..the one ones i do buy are from these lables here and few in between...such as...sav it out,nasty north,stars the limit,...i always here now, before i buy inless its one of these lables....

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Womp Womp! can't satisfy everyone, but I feel the album was a success. was #1 on rapbay, hit #3 in all rasputans, hit the top 100 on itunes charts I think at 50 or somethin and still seems to be still selling. but thanks for your opinion. my feelings don't get hurt. My fan base seems to be still growing aswell as my music. I know alot of you on here want that same sound from back in the day, but if all my albums sound like that, I dont think I would of made it this far. just my opinion.... our audiance is much larger than just the east co co forum, but I still always keep Woods name alive every album.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. THATS HOW A PROFESSIONAL HANDLES CRITICISM.......

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. THATS HOW A PROFESSIONAL HANDLES CRITICISM.......

yea, i wish more artists had this adult approach to criticism

good shit Tone, leading by example, no better way

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
want everyone to kiss your ass? go to your facebook.. want everyone to diss your ass? post your shit on the sicc... hehehe

but honestly reagarding big tone i dont think he's has strayed at all from his begining formula i actually lost most my interest after sav it out vol 2 cuz since then it all sounded like the same shit from beats to rhymes..

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
Im not really feeling any one right now .... "Homeboy rappers" are really running out of shit to talk about ......
some albums seem like they are written out to be what you want to hear other than whats coming out of your cora.

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
damn when i think about it i havent really picked up shit from the homies either...
still havent got lil toro, bangers 2, lil raider n mac reese, c dubb n young loc, sav it out 4, n even tho i really liked bmc 2 comp they've dropped like 3 more since i aint checked into... 5 years ago every CD would been an instant copp as soon as they dropped. the strangulation 5 was coo but i played it or 3 days and aint threw it in since.. so its really safe to say im just losing interest northerner music period....

Apr 11, 2011
damn when i think about it i havent really picked up shit from the homies either...
still havent got lil toro, bangers 2, lil raider n mac reese, c dubb n young loc, sav it out 4, n even tho i really liked bmc 2 comp they've dropped like 3 more since i aint checked into... 5 years ago every CD would been an instant copp as soon as they dropped. the strangulation 5 was coo but i played it or 3 days and aint threw it in since.. so its really safe to say im just losing interest northerner music period....
that's because music from 2012 is shit compared to music from 5 years ago and plus how are new northern rapper's gonna be worst then northern rapper's from 5 years ago i expect artist to evolve not go backwards and be worst.

and i don't think there are any rapper's in the game right now that can fuck with, woodie,lil los,lou e lou,shadow,b dawg on a track

Aug 20, 2003
PLAY IT AGAIN BRO.LOL.THE STRANGULATION PT 5 HAS SOLD GOOD AND CONTINUES TO SELL. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. AND MR G YOUR TRACK IS TIGHT ON THERE BRO....

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
that's because music from 2012 is shit compared to music from 5 years ago and plus how are new northern rapper's gonna be worst then northern rapper's from 5 years ago i expect artist to evolve not go backwards and be worst.

and i don't think there are any rapper's in the game right now that can fuck with, woodie,lil los,lou e lou,shadow,b dawg on a track
i think that in that everybody liked the old school music because our listening standards where low .... and people where just happy to hear one of their own putting it down on cds.... back then there wasn't as many around , but as the new gen of rappers came around and the internet got more common , it way easier to promote their shit ...Most of these artist owe their "success" to myspace, homeboyrap.com , and a few car shows ... but even that was ok .. but then everyone and their baby's mama started rapping(literally) ... it got watered down and over saturated , I'm hesitant to even give new artist a shot because more than half is garbage... Out of the albums that are being released now a days theres only 1 or 2 songs that are worth listening to .....

Apr 11, 2011
i think that in that everybody liked the old school music because our listening standards where low .... and people where just happy to hear one of their own putting it down on cds.... back then there wasn't as many around , but as the new gen of rappers came around and the internet got more common , it way easier to promote their shit ...Most of these artist owe their "success" to myspace, homeboyrap.com , and a few car shows ... but even that was ok .. but then everyone and their baby's mama started rapping(literally) ... it got watered down and over saturated , I'm hesitant to even give new artist a shot because more than half is garbage... Out of the albums that are being released now a days theres only 1 or 2 songs that are worth listening to .....
silent never lies this is true i think like that aswell. Especially if there from a lable that's known to put out shitty boring albums.

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
i can sympathize with those points as well but just feel personally my preferences have evolved
even the other gangsta shit i used to slap regularly gets no more love in my ride i.e.

j stalin, jacka, the game and rich the factor were easily making up 75% of my total listening time like 2 years ago and all have dropped like 4 cds i aint even cared to download for free...

it speaks more volume to me that slanging and banging rap is played out in general wether your a northern cali artist or not.

Apr 11, 2011

so your mr.fancy pants now

May 17, 2006
:l SILENT HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!! oversaturation. back then it was more unique because alot of realities were not exposed. plus it was a handle full of labels that stood out BLACK-N-BROWN, EASTCOCO, STL, DRF, GHETTOLINE. plus music was promoted differently back then, thats why albums like northern ghetto boys, cali thuggin, northern expozure etc. became classics. nothing will replace that 90's gangsta rap. times change.