wanted: freddy b from the old school - will pay$100-$150

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
MC Ant the Great did come out on cd! I have it, and a couple of posters on here have had them up for sale before. Comeback' 91 was a tape only release though.

May 1, 2002
MC Ant the Great did come out on cd! I have it, and a couple of posters on here have had them up for sale before. Comeback' 91 was a tape only release though.
ya, i remember 5.0bayrap had it for auction before and so did mrmikal...they only went for $200 the last time i recall

May 1, 2009
i talked to someone who would know, and he said it was put out on cd, it may have been rereleased years later but it was not put out on cd og. contact ant banks thru his myspace he will tell you what he told me. they didnt have the backing or cash to put it out on cd. i heard that some were pressed on cd last year tho.

May 1, 2009
If I had the time I would post some pics, but trust that I've had my cd alot longer than from last year!

Might of been longer than a year, I know the one you are talking about it first showed up on ebay well i guess it was more than a year ago, Ive had the tape and lp since it dropped but I never heard of the cd until it showed up on ebay, maybe it was 2 or three years ago not sure. It showed up sealed lol a cd that was pretty much unkown to exist shows up and I can get a copy sealed? So I looked into it and contacted bank thru myspace and he told me they never put it out on cd as far as he knew. Take it for what you want Im just sayin what I was told by an artist who worked on the album.

May 1, 2009
^^ That MC Ant cd has been knowledge online for many years. MC Ant died in 1999, and im sure the cd was around then...
I know when MC Ant died! Dont get me wrong I am not saying you cant find it on cd or it was never released on cd. I am saying Ant banks told me when they put it out they didnt have enough backing or cash to do all three mediums. So they put it on wax and tape because they figured djs would play them in those forms. Was it released, rereleased or reproduced in some other form at a later time? ya I would bet but not in 92. I am just going off what someone who worked on and was a big part of every step of the album told me.

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
So you're the guy?

So you're the guy who use to write me on eBay and would argue with me about the authenticity of my MC Ant CD. Yeah, this CD/MC Ant CD has been around forever and a day, since the album first dropped. I had my copy since it first droped and I got my extra copies from my uncle when he closed his doors (Spin Records, 28th & Downing) back in 2004. My family had this in stock/our inventory since the album first dropped. I don't know why you insist on this whole Ant Banks thing, but this ain't Ant Banks album. There isn't anything bootleg about MC Ant's - The Great CD. Man, I'm glad that I read this just now. Now I know who this mysterious guy was who would get on my last nerve by contacting me via eBay with all of this Ant Banks said this...Ant Banks said that. I know what's up with this album and when we/my family first got these CD's into our inventory. We had this album since the '80's. You need to let that whole Ant Banks told me...thing die, because it's not Ant Banks album and Ant Banks apparently doesn't know anything about it. Why would he...it's not his project, label nor album. He/MC Ant is a friend of his/Ant Banks...that's it. Oh yeah, Ant Banks did some production on the album, but believe me...he (If what you say is true about Ant Banks) apparently has no real clue.

Now as far as that Freddy B goes....we should all know that it is not official. Mr. Numbaz is also one of the few foolish people who likes to sell the Japanese release of Boo - The Boss Player, 44 Clique - MindOfA44 and others bootleg albums. He has no shame in his game whatsoever, but I'm not mad at him. He can do whatever he likes. At least its a good looking bootleg. I wouldn't mind a copy, but not for $150. More like $15. $20 at most.

May 1, 2002
Actually I sent that Mr. Numbaz seller a message and asked the seller what the press code for the Freddy B cd was, this is the message I got back:

"Hello.
The disc says Fresh out the Pen Music Inc ASCAP 1992
I think its a pirate, but its a Professional HiFi recording, no tape hiss , no pops or clicks. Print shop Inserts, not photo copies, factory pressed disc label.
This release is coming from the same source as the Rappin Ron 2CD Bad N-Fluenz Promo.
Fans will love it, sounds great.
peace
D-J"

So it definitely is not from 1992, but I wouldn't mind finding out who actually pressed it up and what not.
ya i had the same conversation about the same auction...told me the same...he's a reseller and legit ebayer...the only conversions i've seen him sell was the freddy b and the rappin ron promo

May 1, 2002
Have you seen this cd? mr. numbaz is known for shadyness right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Freddy-B-PROMO-...20439244987QQptZMusicQ5fCDsQQsalenotsupported

might be pressed by Freddy B.. But this was definatley not pressed in '92! Look at the back art.. Too contemporary to be '92.. :dead:
this is a message from mr. numbaz:

"Dear layziemarv,

Marv
I don't think this came from tape. I have never heard of a tape release of this album and the recording itself is Hi-Fidelity. No tape noise and no vinyl pops & clicks. It came from the estate of a recently deceased Radio DJ.
Very unusual CD, I wish I could tell you more , but there is NO info about this release on the web. The inserts came from a printer, they are not photo copies and the disc label is machine pressed. If this is an illegal pirated CD, its a really nice job. Since you are one of Ebay's big sellers , you don't have to buy this, we can make a trade, if you want it.
peace
Mr.Numbaz

- mr.numbaz"

i told him to register hear on the siccness so he can find out more info about thangs

Oct 15, 2004
to be honest about a week after i sold my freddy b tape to the guy that started this thread is when i seen the freddy b cd for sale on ebay. and he threw me xtra money for it when i ask for less. take that for what its worth.

May 1, 2009
So you're the guy who use to write me on eBay and would argue with me about the authenticity of my MC Ant CD. Yeah, this CD/MC Ant CD has been around forever and a day, since the album first dropped. I had my copy since it first droped and I got my extra copies from my uncle when he closed his doors (Spin Records, 28th & Downing) back in 2004. My family had this in stock/our inventory since the album first dropped. I don't know why you insist on this whole Ant Banks thing, but this ain't Ant Banks album. There isn't anything bootleg about MC Ant's - The Great CD. Man, I'm glad that I read this just now. Now I know who this mysterious guy was who would get on my last nerve by contacting me via eBay with all of this Ant Banks said this...Ant Banks said that. I know what's up with this album and when we/my family first got these CD's into our inventory. We had this album since the '80's. You need to let that whole Ant Banks told me...thing die, because it's not Ant Banks album and Ant Banks apparently doesn't know anything about it. Why would he...it's not his project, label nor album. He/MC Ant is a friend of his/Ant Banks...that's it. Oh yeah, Ant Banks did some production on the album, but believe me...he (If what you say is true about Ant Banks) apparently has no real clue.

Look man if thats what you say then thats what you say, The album came out in 92, so you have not had it since the 80's. Banks produced atleast 75% of the album, ill pull out my lp or tape show the credits. While ill agree it is possible Banks does not know what he is talking with regard to it being put out on cd, I have done other research. No other record stores including rasputins, amobea or the few mom and pop stores ever heard of it on cd or to their knowledge ever had it. That just all adds up to me questioning the cd. If I can confirm anyone saw the cd or purchased it from a store other than ebay ill buy thats its legit. I do research on every release like that before I buy. I was not bothering you I simple asked for a sample of the 1 or two tracks to hear the qlty, no matter how good you rip of a tape or lp you can tell its from a tape or lp. You pretty much gave nothing with attitutde towards me. I am sorry but I was going to pay the 400 you were asking I wanted a sample. I would have paid that , if I heard a sample. So since you act the way you do towards customers I refuse to shop with you anymore, its a shame because you had a ton of stuff I needed. I just sent Marv my business and every transcation has went very well. Thanks Just to be clear I am not saying you are lying, I just like to confirm stuff from more than one source, Its very possible these people have no idea what they are talking about, but if Im going to pay that much its nice to get confirmation. You are obviously very up on your shit so, by no means am I saying you are bootlegging or anything like that. So its all good.

May 2, 2002
Sincere,

I always wondered how you had so much shit? I figured you had ties to Spin or that place on east colfax (forgot the name). I never knew how Spin sold shit. It was always so damn dark in there you couldn't even see the tapes in the case.