Voicebox...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 25, 2005
snoop never used no talkbox...thats why i was heated when i seen the video, false advertisment. that was just hommage to roger as he was givin props to rick james, marvin gaye etc in the video.

Jun 4, 2004
Snoop did use the TalkBox....

Proof: http://suckerfreeblog.mtv.com/2007/12/03/snoop-dogg-on-his-sensual-seduction-throwback-video/

Snoop Dogg said:
“The song and the video is just the way I’m feeling right now. I wanted to have some fun. I wanted to do something that was sorta kinda like throwbackish to where it wasn’t the same girls, the same cars, the same look, the same everything in the videos that I’m so used to seeing right now, and we’re so used to seeing. So what better way than to have a video where I could reflect back on some of the guys I was inspired by- Roger Troutman, Prince, Rick James. These guys influenced me. So this video is just showing love to them and what they done. …. I actually showed the Talkbox because what T-Pain is doing is not Talkbox. His is Auto-Tune, which is you sing and then they make your voice sound right in the computer. What I did was I played the notes through the Talkbox, that’s why I have the tube in there. And that tube that I’m using is a piece that goes to the keyboard which Roger Troutman was known for.
You can tell the difference... TalkBox is smooth AutoTune sounds more digital and erratic... less control.

May 25, 2005
alright...i need 50cal in here...or my other talkbox players in here to...cause im still not convinced. show me how u gonna get that sound from a synth with a talkbox. u hear his voice. i have a hard time beleivin that since u dont speak, but mouth, your words when playing talkbox.
"And that tube that I’m using is a piece that goes to the keyboard"...LOL...ok there snoopy

May 9, 2002
"And that tube that I’m using is a piece that goes to the keyboard"...LOL...ok there snoopy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_box

The effect can be used to shape the frequency content of the sound and to apply speech sounds (in the same way as singing) onto a musical instrument, typically a guitar (its non-guitar use is often confused with the vocoder) and keyboards.

A talk box is usually an effects pedal that sits on the floor and contains a speaker attached with an air tight connection to a plastic tube, however, it can come in other forms such as the 'Ghetto Talkbox': A homemade version which is usually crude, or higher quality custom made versions. The speaker is generally in the form of a horn driver, the sound generating part of a horn speaker with the horn replaced by the tube connection

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Yeah Snoop did not use a talkbox. Snoop is full of shit the talkbox does not go to or from the synth. You run a cord from the keyboard into an amplifier, the amplified sound is then ran from a cord from the amp out and into a talkbox and from there sound goes to your mouth...Listen to the song that is Autotune. Now during live segments you seen quick or battlecat on the side using a talkbox, but this version is not the album version and the talkbox is just them fucking around like a dj scartchin...

Jun 4, 2004
T-Pain has perfected AutoTune...

AutoTune has nothing to do with a BOX... it is a "Pitch Correcting VST Plug-In" for software like Acid, ProTools, etc.....

Voice Box is your Larynx...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larynx

SMH....:ermm:

As for Snoop.... f*** that shit... if he is lying... no respect... that's just f***ed up if he was giving props to Roger Troutman with Autotune?

Forget Rick Ross....

Snoop... tell the truth was you faking the funk?