Vocal Effect

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 1, 2002
I hope some of you cats listen to rock music to be able to answer this question.
In the Evanescence song "Taking Over Me" there is an effect that is used. It kind of stutters the vocal. Linkin Park used it as well in the song "Papercut" when he says "Right beneath my skin." Does anyone know what this effect is called? I am working on remixing a song and would really like to use that effect but I do not know the name of it. Please help. Thanks.

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
That effect can be accomplished with a little automation, slicing of the vocals, and a delay... All you gotta do is listen closely and re-produce the effect... Most vocals effects are a combination of plug-ins and creativety... That effect probably took the mixing engineer an hour to get right, maybe two hours...

Apr 25, 2002
You can create that effect very easily by sampling the vocal, chopping it into a couple pieces and then doing some copy&paste and positioning in your multitrack software. Assuming you're using a computer to record.