Vince Young has another emotional break dowm - done for the season

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 1, 2002
Vince Young no longer Titans starter, Jeff Fisher says
Quarterback abruptly left LP Field after overtime loss to Redskins
By Jim Wyatt • THE TENNESSEAN • November 21, 2010

Vince Young is no longer the Titans starting quarterback after he abruptly left LP Field following Tennessee's 19-16 overtime loss to Washington today, Coach Jeff Fisher said.

Young, who had been booed in the first half and left the game in the second half because of a thumb injury, tossed his shoulder pads into the stands as he left the field.

Minutes later he emerged from the locker room dressed in street clothes. Safety Michael Griffin, wearing only a pair of shorts, ran out of the locker room and chased Young up a ramp to the players' parking lot, but was unable to catch him.

Rookie Rusty Smith replaced Young in the second half while Young had the thumb taped and attempted to throw passes while wearing a glove.

"Vince tore a flexor tendon in his thumb and I was not satisfied with his ability to control the ball so I stayed with Rusty," Fisher said. "He never said to me he was OK and wanted to go back in, and I was told he was a little upset after, and I was also told he threw half his uniform in the stands.

"Clearly that is no way to respond, so we have some things we have to sort out with him. He may need surgery, and if that's the case, he is done for the year. If that's the case, Rusty is our guy."

Fisher said he spoke with Young in the locker room "but is between me and him and the team."

Asked how disappointed he was in Young, Fisher said: "I was very disappointed, his teammates were disappointed. There's going to be frustration in losses, and there are times you have to really dig deep and fight and turn to one another. I don't think you run. And that's why I disappointed."

Asked if Young has lost his job as the starter, Fisher said "Yes, right now he has. There are some things that need to change."

Jun 9, 2007
How long before Moss has his first Tennessee meltdown? I say by the end of the week. Have fun, Titan fans, you're in for an interesting rest of the season.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
How long before Moss has his first Tennessee meltdown? I say by the end of the week. Have fun, Titan fans, you're in for an interesting rest of the season.
Hey but I remember you were blaming childress for moss leaving and was upset moss left...?? I could be wrong here..

Jun 9, 2007
Hey but I remember you were blaming childress for moss leaving and was upset moss left...?? I could be wrong here..
Your point? I was perfectly willing to put up with a whiny Randy Moss who caused a scene... and yes, it was Childress fault he left.

At least Moss made the season interesting. Now I have no reason to watch other than to hope that T-Jack gets a shot, which it looks like he will now.

Aug 9, 2006
this is the rift between a coach and a qb, it had nothing to do with him breaking down emotionally, fisher never liked the pick and showed by keeping him out of the ANY GAME for any possible reason...i thought he looked allrite passing on the sideline, the annoucers along with me thought he was deffiantly going back in after they taped him up and put that glove on him even more so when Rusty Smith punted the ball down the field with his arm...VY running the ball out of shotgun gave us a better chance to win then rusty did yesterday

its diapointing to see a season end like that.....but this had nothing to do with Randy Moss or Vince Youngs emotions...

Fisher wanted Matt and threw a hissy fit that Bud Adams used his one "hand selection" to go with his hometown boy, its going to be pretty fucked up as a titan fan to see how this one plays out...clearly 1 or the other

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Between VY/Fisher and McNabb/Shanahan, it's a pretty big head scratcher to be watching these classic coaches make some questionable QB decisions this year.