Video of Rolando McClain incident surfaces

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2002
WTF is wrong with this fool puttin it on camera too smh....

http://www.waaytv.com/news/local/st...incident-surfaces/qAtHCmZ5MU6HGPhnzwWa_A.cspx

DECATUR, Ala. (WAAY, Decatur Daily) - WAAY 31's news partner, the Decatur Daily has obtained exclusive video that claims to show an alleged incident involving Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain earlier this year.

Police claim that McClain threatened another man with a gun during an argument on November 30th. Court records show the victim claims McClain fired a shot next to his ear during the altercation. McClain is facing charges of third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm in the city limits. He's expected in court on Thursday.

Earlier this week, the video above was anonymously submitted to the Decatur Daily. It appears to be a composite of several cell phone videos of the incident in question. Some segments have audio, others do not. It's unclear if the video is in sequential order.

Jerradius Willingham
The video does not show Rolando McClain striking the victim, brandishing a firearm, firing it near his ear or threatening to kill him, though those allegations are among complaints filed by the victim in court. McClain's friend, Jadoriaus Willingham is also seen in the video. He was also arrested and charged in connection with the incident.

However, attorneys representing the victim say they've seen similar video and that it backs up what he told police.

“It’s obvious that McClain has been edited out of parts of it, but it matches up perfectly with (the victim)'s statements of it,” attorney Carl Cole said. “I think this shows that there may be cracks in Willingham and McClain’s circle of friends. They may not all be willing to hide what happened that night.”

The video lacks sound during the portion that shows McClain and the victim, Rishard Tapscott, inside a house, engaging in animated dialogue that ends when McClain grabs Tapscott by his shirt, pulls him toward the door and shoves him outside.

It cuts to another man, identified in other scenes as “Tweezy,” Willingham’s nickname, sitting on Tapscott, repeatedly punching him, then stomping him as others pull him away.

Rolando McClain's arrest captured by the Decatur Daily (Decatur Daily)
In another scene inside the house, the two are arguing, and Willingham and others repeatedly tell Tapscott to “fight back.”

Tapscott follows Willingham outside, and the two exchange blows briefly before Willingham winds up on top of Tapscott on the ground, punching him as Tapscott tries to cover his head.

In a portion of the provided video that is shown first but appears to have taken place after some of the other footage, Tapscott gets up and says, “I’m not fighting no more.” He begins to walk toward the door but turns and goes into the yard after Willingham steps into his path. After McClain steps out of the shot, someone off camera is heard saying, “Put the gun up, man. You ain’t gonna shoot, but I will. Put the f---ing gun up. I’ll shoot ...” and the video ends abruptly.

Rolando McClain
According to Tapscott’s statement to police, Tapscott took a box cutter from his car and McClain, mistaking it for a gun, yelled “Put that gun down.”

Then, Tapscott said, “Rolando pulled out his gun and started walking up to me, pointing the gun at me. Rolando yelled, ‘Pull what you got out.’ “I told him no; I said I wasn’t fighting no more.”

Tapscott said McClain then put the gun to his head and fired it by his left ear.

City prosecutor Emily Baggett said Tuesday afternoon she had also received a video but had not reviewed it and could not say what role, if any, it might play in McClain’s and Willingham’s trials.

Willingham’s 8:30 a.m. trial is scheduled to precede McClain’s. Both have pleaded not guilty.