Video appears showing brothers, ages 2 and 5, smoking pot

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 6, 2006

^That's not a study and it doesn't say anything about damaging the brain permanently. Now check this out..

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn2140
Marijuana does not dent IQ permanently:

Smoking marijuana does not have a long-term effect on intelligence, say researchers in Canada who have followed volunteers from before birth to early adulthood.

Heavy pot smokers did experience a dip in their intelligence quotient (IQ). But people who had once smoked heavily and then given up were right back up to normal, the study found. Light smokers appeared no different from non-smokers.

What the researchers do not know is if decades of pot-smoking could have a more lasting impact. Looking at long-term users in their 30s or 40s could show different results, admits Peter Fried, at Carleton University in Ottawa, who led the study. "Perhaps the nervous system isn't as flexible then," he says.

"You can't argue with what they're saying," says William Campbell, President of the Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine. "It doesn't surprise me or disappoint me."
Urine test

Fried and his team followed 70 middle-class kids from the womb. IQ tests were taken at around age 10 and then again between 18 and 20. As adults, the participants were asked about a range of behaviours, including pot smoking. They also under went urine analysis to check their answers.

At the time of the second questionnaire, nine had been heavy users in the past but had not smoked for over three months. Fifteen were still smoking cannabis heavily - at least five joints a week and nine were current light users who smoked a few joints weekly. The rest of the volunteers had never been regular users, so had either never smoked marijuana or had done so less than once a week.

Only the heavy current users had experienced a decline in their IQ scores over the 10-year period - about four points. Light users, former users and abstainers all saw their IQ scores climb between two and six points.

Fried concedes that while IQ may be spared, memory and attention may be harder hit and is examining the effect now: "The most-often stated reason for quitting was they felt their short-term memory was affected."

Canadian Medical Association Journal (vol 166, p 887

skido said:
parkboyz is a loser
hes allways been a loser
i'll send one of my buddys to pick up his girlfriend
Shut up harlot..

Aug 6, 2006
Gas One said:
then again, they didnt test 2 and 5 year olds smoking swisher sweets

and i bet they were smoking super bammer too since it was fort worth TX
True, but we can't even begin to speculate until we have evidence to suggest that weed stunts brain development at that age..

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
well thats not my argument....so i wont take that one..

but i WILL say anything burning thats bieng inhaled is a carcinogen, and its probably safe to say that those carcinogens are worse for 2-5 year olds, than adults

is smoking good for two yar olds or five year olds? no.

I dont quite know what THC does to children (probably adverse reaction) but its probably safe to say it interferes with a childs judgement, which might not be good when youre still at the learning stage..

thats just my guess though..

Aug 6, 2006
Gas One said:
well thats not my argument....so i wont take that one..

but i WILL say anything burning thats bieng inhaled is a carcinogen, and its probably safe to say that those carcinogens are worse for 2-5 year olds, than adults

is smoking good for two yar olds or five year olds? no.

I dont quite know what THC does to children (probably adverse reaction) but its probably safe to say it interferes with a childs judgement, which might not be good when youre still at the learning stage..

thats just my guess though..

That's a whole other argument that really has nothing to do with Marijuana then. If those kids were smoking cigarettes or lived in North Richmond it would have the same effect, lol.. Anything toxic is bad for kids, that goes with out saying. But would the media have reacted the same exact way if these kids were smoking cigarettes or breathing in semi-toxic gas fumes from some nearby refinery? Doubt it, it's all political as far as I can tell..

Gas One

May 24, 2006
well no shit, the little kids have on football jerseys and skully caps and are smoking blunts.

what if they were white kids, had on iron maiden t shirts, long greasy hair and were smoking meth?

probably same thing would happen

parkboyz, isnt it saafe to say them smoking a joint might have been healthier?

giving a 2 year old a blunt = marijuana/tobacco

Aug 6, 2006
Gas One said:
well no shit, the little kids have on football jerseys and skully caps and are smoking blunts.

what if they were white kids, had on iron maiden t shirts, long greasy hair and were smoking meth?

probably same thing would happen

parkboyz, isnt it saafe to say them smoking a joint might have been healthier?

giving a 2 year old a blunt = marijuana/tobacco
Yep, I agree with you 100%... I won't deny that at all..

Feb 1, 2006
It doesn't matter whether weed damages your brain or not, you should not give DRUGS to TODDLERS. That's so irresponsible and anybody with any kind of morals would not do that. Doing that kind of shit is not funny in any kind of way.

May 11, 2002
650Ubeezy said:
It doesn't matter whether weed damages your brain or not, you should not give DRUGS to TODDLERS. That's so irresponsible and anybody with any kind of morals would not do that. Doing that kind of shit is not funny in any kind of way.
exactly.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
if i was white, i could watch this and *think* i understand exactly why the black family structure is fucked up.

its really beyond the actual giving the children marijuana that offends me, its a few lesser noticed things....

A) the kid going to the corner and pulling his pants down, then halfway pulling them up, not sure if that was the right thing to do or not.

B) "you got the munchies now?"

C) you really passed a 730 day old seed a blunt.

Aug 6, 2006
Yea, I mean, I wouldn't dream of giving a two year old anything to smoke. I wouldn't trick any one into taking something when they have no idea what it is. At 2, you're not even old enough to make choices. 5 either. Honestly I don't even smoke with my brother and he's 17. But as long as it doesn't affect his social life, I could care less how much weed he smokes.

And LMAO @ 650 Beezy calling weed a "drug".. Little kids take "drugs" all the time, you wanna put it like that.

May 11, 2002
skido said:
first time i smoked i was like 8 i think and i thoguth that was young
anyways my dumb ass cousin that was like 17 at that time made me smoke he in quinten now but if i eva see that nigga ima whoop his muthafuckin ass thats sum cold shit making a baby do drugs
What a fag....

Damn, you are hard. Straight from the streets.

Feb 1, 2006
ParkBoyz said:
Yea, I mean, I wouldn't dream of giving a two year old anything to smoke. I wouldn't trick any one into taking something when they have no idea what it is. At 2, you're not even old enough to make choices. 5 either. Honestly I don't even smoke with my brother and he's 17. But as long as it doesn't affect his social life, I could care less how much weed he smokes.

And LMAO @ 650 Beezy calling weed a "drug".. Little kids take "drugs" all the time, you wanna put it like that.
weed is a drug. the majority of the world knows it as that. I didn't say weed was a bad drug I'm just saying, it IS a drug and it shouldnt be given to little ass kids. just like you wouldnt give them alcohol or a few vicodins.

May 9, 2002
650Ubeezy said:
weed is a drug. the majority of the world knows it as that. I didn't say weed was a bad drug I'm just saying, it IS a drug and it shouldnt be given to little ass kids. just like you wouldnt give them alcohol or a few vicodins.
Weed is NOT a drug. It is a PLANT that, IF you happen to set it on fire and inhale the smoke, will get you HIGH.

Riddlin is a drug. Asprin is a drug. Hell, CAFFIENE is a drug. Cannibus, is NOT a drug.

Dec 25, 2003
ParkBoyz said:
Some fools in here actin like weed is so detrimental to one's health or something. Isn't second hand tobacco smoke worse? Or am I pushing it? I mean, I agree that little kids shouldn't smoke haze, even once, but I don't have a reason as to why, other than it's politically incorrect and socially unacceptable, not to mention illegal..
Weed is not physically detrimental to your health as far as I know.

The real ill effects are mental- possibility of developing psychoses or triggering mental disorders, brain cell decline, amotivational syndrome, etc.

These are all magnified when your brain is still developing. (i.e. under about 18 or so, and much more so in the case of 2 and 5 year old children)

Dec 25, 2003
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
Weed is NOT a drug. It is a PLANT that, IF you happen to set it on fire and inhale the smoke, will get you HIGH.

Riddlin is a drug. Asprin is a drug. Hell, CAFFIENE is a drug. Cannibus, is NOT a drug.
They teach this at knowgangs.com?

lol @ your dumbass explanation.

"A Gun is not a weapon. It is a device which, should you happen to aim and pull the trigger, will SHOOT someone."

Mar 12, 2005
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:

It is a drug, if something can be prescribed for your medicinal purposes, then it is a drug. Why do you think it's prescribe for people who have Glaucoma, because it's a drug that helps a person with Glaucoma.