Video appears showing brothers, ages 2 and 5, smoking pot

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 6, 2006
• Video shows teens persuading the boys, who are "falling around"
• Teenage uncle and his roommate are charged in the case
• Authorities found the video in a camera confiscated as stolen
• Police: Apparently not the first time the teens encouraged the kids to smoke pot

WATAUGA, Texas (CNN) -- Police in suburban Fort Worth, Texas, said a videotape found in a search for stolen goods appears to show two teenagers persuading a 2-year-old boy and his 5-year-old brother to smoke marijuana.

Third-degree felony charges have been filed against the teenagers.

"I have never seen anything like this quite so disturbing," said Bruce Ure, director of public safety for the Watauga Police Department. "Our children count on us to protect them; these individuals did everything but protect these children."

The incident began unfolding February 22, when the Fort Worth Police Department executed a search warrant to look for stolen goods in the apartment of 17-year-old Demetris McCoy, the unemployed uncle of the two children, and 18-year-old Vanswan Polty, Ure said.

Among the items recovered was camera equipment, Ure said. Upon looking at one of the tapes, investigators came across "a session where these two males were providing marijuana" to the youngsters, he said. "They were essentially trying to get them high, laughing. The children are stumbling, falling around."

Ure said it appeared that the videotaped scene was not the boys' first such session.

The 2-year-old was holding what appeared to be a marijuana cigarette "like he's done it before," Ure said. "He's inhaling."

The boys' mother, McCoy's sister, has told police she was sleeping in the back bedroom during the incident. She has not been charged, Ure said.

Nor has another minor, who served as the cameraman, Ure said.

In the video, a man puts a cigarette into the toddler's mouth. The other boy is seen smoking without prompting.

The children have been in the custody of Child Protective Services, Ure said.

VIDEO IS IN THE LINK BELOW

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/04/pot.kids/index.html

^^^Haha, sometimes you gotta start early I guess...

Dec 17, 2004
ive seen videos of rastas in jamaica hanging out and little kid rastas hitting the coconut bongs with their pops and grandpas. sure theyre probably gonna grow up to be slow, smelly, funny talking adults that say the words jah and selassie i every two seconds, and make no sense when they talk. but rastas are still cool

Dec 4, 2006
that shit was not funny in any way...

let the kids be kids...wtf were those morons thinking?

jesus the mexican lawnmower christ..that's a fucked up thing to do to a kid..

Aug 6, 2006
Some fools in here actin like weed is so detrimental to one's health or something. Isn't second hand tobacco smoke worse? Or am I pushing it? I mean, I agree that little kids shouldn't smoke haze, even once, but I don't have a reason as to why, other than it's politically incorrect and socially unacceptable, not to mention illegal..

skido

Sicc OG
Dec 9, 2006
first time i smoked i was like 8 i think and i thoguth that was young
anyways my dumb ass cousin that was like 17 at that time made me smoke he in quinten now but if i eva see that nigga ima whoop his muthafuckin ass thats sum cold shit making a baby do drugs