Vic Darchinyan upset!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2005
Nonito "The Filipino Flash" Donaire (18-1, 11 KOs) won the IBF and IBO flyweight championships with an explosive fifth round knockout of the previously unbeaten Vic "Raging Bull" Darchinyan (28-1, 22 KOs). Donaire surprisingly outboxed the heavily favored Darchinyan from the get-go and a flush left hook put Darchinyan down for several minutes. Time was 1:38. Donaire avenges the loss of his brother, Glenn, who had his jaw broken by Darchinyan last year.

Source: www.fightnews.com

I always thought Vic was being overrated and I figured he would lose as soon as he stepped up and faced a guy like Montiel, Arce, Mijares, etc. but I never expected him to lose this fight to Donaire. At this point a fight with Arce makes the most sense, they're both coming off losses and have something to prove and not to mention it could possibly be a FOTY type of fight.

May 6, 2002
I read about it, didn't catch the fight.

What an upset though. Hopefully he can catch a rematch, but from what I read he was losing anyways.

Vic is completely one dimensional, but so was Manny Pac for a while. He should be able to bounce back.

Oct 18, 2003
i'm predicting after a spotless record and an additude like that he'll have a hard time bouncing back unless he gets some chumps in the ring to fight him.