VGF's Random Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
SF X T - I finally played this for a few hours.

I can say without a doubt. It is easily one of the worst games ever made.

Everything about this game sucks.

Insane loading times (even 1p in arcade mode).

Matching making is horrendous and tedious to say the least. Insanely high disconnect rates for no reason as well.

100% of the matches I played online suffered from severe sound issues (as in no sound)

Game constantly drops inputs for no reason. Also does input freeze.

Online play consists of:
characters doing 1 and only 1 combo.
running away until the clock times out (time outs happen almost every match)
characters rolling on wake up.
jumping for a high low mix up.

That's it, those 4 things over and over and over again.

Let's not forget that Health regenerates in this game.

This game is filled with "auto-launcher" combos. You typically perform these by pressing low medium hard hard. These are beyond annoying. If you're used to double tapping in say any other fighting game on the planet, the input buffer in this game is so huge because it's meant for fucking retards that if you double tap to cancel a medium into a hard, the input buffer will read it as you entered a second hard for a launcher a full move in advance.

Seriously, besides all the DLC BS. This game is trash.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
you are way too critical of the game. i admit the online play needs hella work, but its still a decent a game and i have fun playing it. based on your posts about street fighter games, if it aint sf3, you think it sucks.
It's not just Street Fighter. I've been really let down this generation with fighting games as a whole. Which sucks cause they're my favorite kind of game. Problems now is games are developed for consoles instead of arcades and they are made slower to allow "better" netplay. :/

...guess I'm just getting old. one of those old fucks always whining about the glory days.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I think SF4 is a world better and I really don't even like SF4.

This is clearly not a repackage. I mean of course they reused the SF4 character assets but this feels like generic combo fighter 101 for retards. They changed pretty much every moves hit properties and effects. Plus they made it so damn near everything combos into everything. ...in doing so they really destroyed the meta game.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
you need to see the netcode in soul calibur 5, it is one of the best I have ever seen in any game ever made.

I bypassed sf x tekken all together, I was hyped at first but the shit capcom pulled with the dlc put me off big time

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
EA Voted WORST company in America. (Beats out Walmart & Bank of America)

Whether it's on a console, a PC, a smartphone or tablet, hundreds of millions of people play video games every day. Yet most mainstream media covers the industry the same way it treats adult dodge ball leagues and cat fashion shows (both noble ventures, but neither of them multi-billion dollar industries). And the only time you hear legislators discuss video games is when some politician decries them as the death knell for all things righteous in the world (hint: they're not). Now, after years of being ignored and relegated to steerage, game-players have voted to send a message to Electronic Arts and the gaming business as a whole: Stop treating your loyal customers like crap.

After more than 250,000 votes, Consumerist readers ultimately decided that the type of greed exhibited by EA, which is supposed to be making the world a more fun place, is worse than Bank of America's avarice, which some would argue is the entire point of operating a bank.

To those who might sneer at something as "non-essential" as a video game company winning the Worst Company In America vote: It's that exact kind of attitude that allows people to ignore the complaints as companies like EA to nickel and dime consumers to death.

For years, while movies and music became more affordable and publishers piled on bonus content — or multiple modes of delivery — as added value to entice customers to buy, video games have continued to be priced like premium goods.

There have even been numerous accusations that EA and its ilk deliberately hold back game content with the sole intent of charging a fee for it at a later date. It's one thing to support a game with new content that is worth the price. It's another to put out an inferior — and occasionally broken — product with the mindset of "ah, we'll fix it later and make some money for doing so."

New, independent game companies do pop up all the time, but the cost of entering the market has historically been too expensive, making these indie innovators prime targets for acquisition by mega-publishers like EA. Our hope is that the growth of app-based gaming and downloadable games will continue to make it easier for developers to get their products out without the backing of companies that don't care a lick about the people who fork over their cash.

Oh well, Worst Company In America 2012 is officially in the books. All that's left to do is send off the Golden Poo to EA.

Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo.

Thanks again to everyone who voted. See you all again in about 49 weeks!

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
EA is a piece of shit company. i dont know how they could be considered worse than bank of america though... obviously some people vote bombed it against EA... lol fuckin internet, probably a bunch of pissed off battlefield 3 fans

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
EA is a piece of shit company. i dont know how they could be considered worse than bank of america though... obviously some people vote bombed it against EA... lol fuckin internet, probably a bunch of pissed off battlefield 3 fans
...and Mass Effect fans lol.

May 4, 2002
no shit EA hit the list. they release games with one or 2 new features ever year since the 90s. take away features and add features from the year before. EA is a shit company, add in the online pass='s a wrap. last game i bought from ea was bf3 and before that DS1.

Ike Turner

CDCR_#k775281
Jul 17, 2011
South San Jose
EA sports ain't got shit on 2K sports. That's why they went and pulled that bullshit with the "NFL Exclusive license" bullshit. EA was getting clowned. Surprised they haven't tried to get an "Exclusive NBA license" yet.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
i think by voting EA the worst company it effectively put EA on a pedestal.. free advertisement for EA cause it makes the people look ridiculous and childish.

really?? A video game company bopping people who have the choice to support them or not for $10-70 bucks with unfinished games and questionable DLC content practices is worse than a company who bankrupted millions of americans and took their homes and left them on the street?

its quite simple.. if you dont like EA games you dont buy their games