Venom Movie

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 11, 2005
While promoting Spider-Man, Arad and Tolmach alluded that their next project, Venom would be developed in a similar fashion that could potentially tie the films together. "What I'm trying to say to you without giving anything away is hopefully all these worlds will live together in peace someday," hinted Tolmach. Venom , which Chronicle director Josh Trank is rumored to helm, will follow Eddie Brock, a character previously introduced in Spider-Man 3. Don't expect any carryover, as Venom will be following Amazing Spider-Man's modern, realistic approach.

"It's an Eddie Brock story," explained Arad. "We want to be as close to the comics as possible. Especially in Eddie Brock's story. But again, pseudo-sceince is becoming science. All these tidbits about webs, artificial webs, is a huge industry now. Spiderwebs have unique qualities that will be huge for communications, fibers, and so forth. So we have taken the approach that we want to make the huge amazing movie about Eddie." Commitment to reality and tangibility is a key factor to Amazing Spider-Man. From Arad's description, the scientific slant will be a point of interest in Venom.

Tolmach and Arad insisted their Eddie Brock, who was drawn in early incarnations as a muscled man, would be more grounded. "He was a journalist. He had the wrong story, he got in trouble for it, he got fired," explains Tolmach, who also went on to describe his and Arad's approach to adapting Marvel properties. "The whole essence to us for the Marvel characters. Stay close to the bible, stay close to the emotional story, and the rest is fun."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Venom_...lmach/30237794

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Cool. I heard the new Amazing Spider-Man movie will use name drops and physical props as hints to the future like the other Marvel movie timeline has done leading up to The Avengers. Osborn and Octavius have been used recently to tie in the video game, so I wouldn't be surprised to see either of those characters pop up in some fashion. Dr. Connors works for Osborn Labs, anyway.

Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
God I hope that they do this justice. Venom is my most favorite character and namesake. What they did in Spider-Man 3 was absolutely unforgivable....

Venom deserves his own movie.

Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
Yeah but they could have done a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better job with Venom than that. Venom was a stalker and Spiderman never knew where he was coming from cause the alien symbiote cancelled out the spider sense. That would have made him more creepy. Plus he can copy any back ground so if he is against a brick wall or say water you wouldn't even know that he was there cause he could blend in with the surrounding making him invisible. So many angles that they could have done but didn't

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Eddie Brock was a big ass muscular jock to begin with......when they chose the skinniest kid from that 70s show I hella laughed.

I don't know how a Venom movie will be, especially if its not dark as fuck, this movie shouldn't be marketed to kids