Vegas Trip....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.getyourfinancesright.com
What's up ya'll? I just got bac from Vegas late Sun. night. Me and my homey/manager/vp of Ghetto World 1-Hun did the damn thang out there. We were trunk scanning from the strip to the Flamingo Hotel, to the Meadows Mall to the Boulevard Mall. We sold 45 cd's combined from Fri and Sat. Shit ain't too many indies sold 45 cd's in two days all over the nation out the store, or better yet sold 45 cd's in Vegas alone. I ran into a few folks who knew who I was and had copped Dollars & Sins in the store out there already. That's how Ghetto World does it. Ya'll will see in the doc. Any city we hit, we mash out the trunk hard. We sold 33 cd's at the Eastridge Mall in San Jose when we did our show in Gilroy with Mac Dre. Plus we mash at all the malls in Dago, all the major events (car shows, concerts etc), the beach, colleges etc. The fans you run into really appreciate a nigga sittin' there and choppin' it up with them, and signing their cd and shit. I've been gettin' a lot of love to where it feels like the hardwork is starting to pay off because everywhere I go in Dago I'm gettin' noticed and shown a LOT of love, and I'm startin' to get noticed out of town too. Plus it's hella tourist that come to Dago in the summer, basketball tournaments and some mo' shit, so a lot of folks we sell to ain't even from here. I've sold cd's too folks from Oregon, Arizona, all of Cali, Washington State, all over and that's how the word spreads. So all you indie labels just startin' out get out there and mash and make it happen cuz people ain't going to walk into a store and just buy your shit without knowin' who you are, and 98% of the people we sell to wasn't even going into or to the record store, so we're reaching a LOT of people that we wouldn't have reached if we just sat around waitin' for the cd to sell(which it's doin' also). So if you hear LIL C.S. and Ghetto World is coming to your town for a show, you can be sure to see us at the mall the next day mashing. Or we might just come to your city just to mash. Anybody on this site from Vegas? Holla. One. LIL C.S.

www.ghettoworld.com

Jun 12, 2002
DeuceThatYungPimp

When you was out in vegas you did'nt hook up with any cin sity artist's did you?
Blue ragg and e-clips a be a tight feature on that new album 'the hardest' i see you have comin out next
peace
2 c's

May 10, 2002
That's all real speech Lil C.S. I don't think people trying to put out cd's or learn how to market could get better advice. Plus it's tight gettin out and meeting people who appreciate you and the hard work you've put in. Keep smashin! Grant Theft

May 10, 2002
Grit and grind homie 45 cd's in two days shiiiiit that sound like rent money,car payment, sumfin you just inspired me to push this music thang I been doing for some years now good luck nigga. "one"

Apr 25, 2002
noWetaG said:
$in ¢ity representer right here.........
dunno how well u know the town but i coulda helped.....
get @ me next time ure n my nec of the woods.......
Fo' sho' homey. I don't know Vegas real good, but I know the strip, The Boulevard Mall, Meadows Mall and where Odyssea Records is. But next time I'm out there, I'll holla. One. C.S.

www.ghettoworld.com

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
So all you indie labels just startin' out get out there and mash and make it happen cuz people ain't going to walk into a store and just buy your shit without knowin' who you are

real chat.

Folks are eager to meet the people in person regardless if you rapper, producer, ceo, waterboy... they show you love and are excited. One of our new artists Trifelen signed about 100 autographs at SummerFest in Corcoran a few weeks back... and the funny thing he was only on a verse on the album we were selllin... they came askin him for the shit. You can catch KVE in Reno, Manteca, Fresno and The Bay Area in the next two weeks...
handlin up .. one luv to CS and the homie 1 Hun... keep doin it.

Apr 25, 2002
@MS, homey I know you already know. Ya'll got the trunk scan and store scan on locc. I'm still workin' on the store scan but it's going to get there, because all the people that we sell to hand to hand that are lovin' my album will go in the store for my next project and buy it because they might not run across me again in person. Dollars & Sins has 4xs(or more) the amount of store sells than Ghetto Classics had, but we pushed Ghetto Classics hard out the trunk for 1 yr and 8 months, but we had to, so I could double my money (and some), and make Dollars & Sins off of the PROFIT off Ghetto Classics. And I feel you on the autograph thing. I know you've signed plenty yourself, cuz most of the time they'll ask 1-Hun for his autograph too and he doesn't even rap. I read that other post you did about a car show where ya'll sold 200 cd's. God damn!!! That's hella good!!! That's what we're aiming for when we go to KC to do that show with E-40, Mack 10, Khia, Mac Dre, Lil Flip, Rich the factor and some more folks. Keep doin' ya'll thang dog. Ghetto World and KVE on the grind!

@45yr...No disrespect. but fuc a permit. We be in the malls slangin' cd's dodgin' security like I used to dodge the po po's on the 4 blocc when I was curb servin' slangin' rocs. It's a technique to it. We've been caught before and asked to leave, but we try to be as low key as possible. So far so good. We haven't been banned from any malls yet(knoc on wood for real). Plus the Dago malls we mash in, the Wherehouse stores say our shit sells good out their store, but they don't know that it's the people we're hittin' up that don't have the money at that time coming bac to get it. And we don't want them to know what we're doin'. Plus it's not their problem, it's the security's problem anyway. So we gon' stay on the grind until we don't have to do it anymore, because we surely got the bomb product and word of mouth is spreadin'.

One ya'll. C.S.

www.ghettoworld.com

Jul 21, 2002
dammit i love dago

now this is what i call powerhouse shit and that is niggas & bitches on top of it all including rent, lodging and child support etc....

Jul 27, 2002
Hey LIL CS does that shit sell good at the beach. I know mission beach is where all the OG's go and you can tell because aint many surfers go there BUT A GRIP OF HEADS from out of town and shit just chill there. Have you ever tried sellin like at a high school because I go to Patrick Henry and its mostly a white school but they all listen to rap and theres some BG's there. Plus I've seen like 20 different people rockin your CD.

Apr 25, 2002
milkcrate said:
Hey LIL CS does that shit sell good at the beach. I know mission beach is where all the OG's go and you can tell because aint many surfers go there BUT A GRIP OF HEADS from out of town and shit just chill there. Have you ever tried sellin like at a high school because I go to Patrick Henry and its mostly a white school but they all listen to rap and theres some BG's there. Plus I've seen like 20 different people rockin your CD.
Hell yeah we sell good at the beach homey. I'm there every weekend if I'm not out of town. I sell a lot of units out there to people from Dago, and to people from out of town. We don't go to high schools, but we do go to colleges. A lot of people in high school don't be having chips. That's cool a lot of folks got my cd at Patric Henry. I'm lovin' that. Tell them all I said much love. I just sold a cd to this dude that goes to Patric Henry last week, and he had told me a bunch of people at his school has it. Help spread the word for me more up there dog. Thanks homey. One. C.S.

www.ghettoworld.com