^,^,v,v,<,>,<,>,B,A,Start

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
I'd hope not because in my opinion their name is stupid as fuck. They are a decent band though.
stupid as it may be...its a part of our history as 20 somethings. EVERYBODY knows what that is,therefore its a good gimmick for a band name

May 9, 2002
I agree fully with Jake. however, alot of indi bands hve some dort of cult classic refernce these days...and if they were trying to gain fame that way, they are doing a horrible job becuase i just NOW heard of these guys.

Dec 25, 2003
stupid as it may be...its a part of our history as 20 somethings. EVERYBODY knows what that is,therefore its a good gimmick for a band name
Yes it is, and I was a big ass nintendo/sega fan as well

But all these early console references have become some faggot whiteboy emo shit so fuck that

I rocked a nintendo shirt back in like 96

Never again

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
That's hella wierd to me, Do they have a nickname? Shit must get anoying asking for their cds at the stores.I think that's the longest name I have heard for a band.
I've seen people call them just Up Up Down Down before.

I've heard of longer/weirder/dumber band names too.

There is a band called The Birds Are Spies, They Report To the Trees. Also a band called I Wrote Haikus About Cannibalism In Your Yearbook among other long and weird band names.

@ Jake - I don't disagree that it might be a good gimmick, I'm just saying that it's a stupid name lol.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
But all these early console references have become some faggot whiteboy emo shit so fuck that
This band is in no way "emo" so I don't know where that came from. What are some "emo" bands that use console references? Just curious because when you say "emo" I know you mean the crap that is called "emo" now of days but I've still never seen or heard of a band with console references in the "emo" of today genre.

Well, I guess HORSE the Band. But they aren't "emo." They are like scene metalcore with nintendo beats thrown in.

Dec 25, 2003
This band is in no way "emo" so I don't know where that came from. What are some "emo" bands that use console references?
I dont know. I know little fophead skinny shirt white boys with little blond streakies randomly placed in their hair sport nintendo shirts / hats.

And I just sort of call them all emo. Yes they might be into whatever, but its all emo to me. Striped shirts, hair over one eye, little green army hats, its all the same emo shit.

I guess when I say emo im more referring to just about everything popular with todays kids / scene. Its all emo to me.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I dont know. I know little fophead skinny shirt white boys with little blond streakies randomly placed in their hair sport nintendo shirts / hats.

And I just sort of call them all emo. Yes they might be into whatever, but its all emo to me. Striped shirts, hair over one eye, little green army hats, its all the same emo shit.

I guess when I say emo im more referring to just about everything popular with todays kids / scene. Its all emo to me.
Okay gotcha. Yeah those are scene kids, the ones who gave emo a bad name in the first place.