Useful computer skills?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 8, 2004
im looking to enroll in some computer courses at a local school... im really familiar with the basics although i still need more requirements to actually work with computers and make money. my question is, which class would really help me out in the long run?

right now im looking at graphics design and computer repair... are there any other suggestions?

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
word...excel....word proccesing....those i know off tops....

just check some applications....those will tell you what you need....then go out an get that shit an return wit it

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
if you know excel hella good you can get a job ANYWHERE...so get a good base with the basic shit before you get too involved with the more advanced shit

jr916

Sicc OG
Jun 3, 2006
im in school for microsoft engineer and that shit is hard-excel,powerpoint,web site creation,etc.....plus all the math classes-but fuck it i wanna get my shine on-so i would take as many classes as i could get-if i was you homie-they want me to start working before christmas and they said ill proly start at 60 a year-so take any and all classes you can get folks-i dont know about computer repair tho-get in a corporations tech department-props fo wantin to get up-get out and get sumthin tho

Dec 29, 2005
I dont fuck with Microsoft programs. But i do all the visual shit. But what i would suggest is just being able to type fast is a good skill to have. What do want to do with the computer? Depends all on what you want to do. Take an intro to computer class if want to learn basic knowledge.

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
oh, that was from napoleon dynamite.

right...

i only saw that movie once & i thought it was weird and boring; it didn't really make much of a lasting impression.

Dec 25, 2003
As to the topic, Excel, Word, and Office are good if you want to be an assistant, secretary, etc. Anyone with an office job eventually learns all of these anyway, but its a good way to get your foot in at a low level.

CCNA, CCIE, A+, Microsoft, hardware certificationss are good for working in the IT field. They are not easy courses, and you will get an idea soon if you can hang with the material. But you will be starting at around 45k a year with opportunity for advancement in hardware and networking.

If you're good at math and you're a logical, "math-minded" type person I'd recommend studying programming. If you can hang wit it and it interests you, you can do well with it.

May 1, 2003
Horror Netwrk said:
im looking to enroll in some computer courses at a local school... im really familiar with the basics although i still need more requirements to actually work with computers and make money. my question is, which class would really help me out in the long run?

right now im looking at graphics design and computer repair... are there any other suggestions?
Graphics design you can learn on your own. If you want computer repair, study for the A+, pass it, and set up shop. I think A+ is a requirement if you open a PC repairshop in Cali. You can also study for that on your own. Then pay for the exam. In fact all of these certifications you can study for on your own and pay for the exam. Besides the A+ exam...I wouldn't recommend that route. It really depends on what you want to do. And you really have to WANT to do it and like what you do...because you are going to have to constantly up your knowledge every few months or so to stay in the game.
You gotta be a frequent visitor to tech sites. here are a couple I go to.
www.hardocp.com (stay up to date on current news)
www.dl.tv.com (they have an online show twice a week LIVE...smart dudes...and funny too)
www.tomshardware.com