UNPLUG CLEAR CHANNEL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 22, 2005
I hope yall will take the time to just sign your name,IF you agree with this.

Campaign Overview

From August to November 2005, communities like yours across California will participate in the UNPLUG CLEAR CHANNEL campaign to support and protect our local radio stations. With your help, the Youth Media Council, Media Alliance and partners will mobilize thousands of people of color, students, workers and other progressives to sign postcards, make phone calls, and take action demanding that the FCC hold Clear Channel accountable for failing our communities or revoke their license! Don’t let Clear Channel use our music against us.

Clear Channel is an explicitly anti-poor, anti-union and pro-war media corporation that makes billions from urban stations like 106.1 KMEL and Wild 94.9, then uses 910am KNEW to promote racist hate radio that hurts us all. Clear Channel sponsors pro-war rallies, censors content, and donates millions to the Republican Party.

This Fall, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will likely renew Clear Channel’s broadcast license — allowing a deceptive corporation to control what you see and hear in your communities, despite the fact that Clear Channel…

Controls more than 1,200 radio stations nationwide, with more than 100 in California alone!
Breaks FCC rules by owning 11 radio stations in the Bay Area market!
Outright owns the tours of some of our favorite artists and controls the venues they perform in!
Bullied a West Oakland neighborhood to make room for more massive billboards!
Donated free ad space to a corporate-led, anti-homeless ad campaign in San Francisco!
Cut community affairs positions from their stations, fired progressive community leader Davey D from KMEL, and then shelled out millions to hire infamous racist Michael Savage on KNEW!
We think the Bay Area deserves better. Pull the plug on corporate radio and tell the FCC to hold Clear Channel accountable, or revoke their broadcast license.

...TAKE ACTION NOW... <------CLICK LINK TO SIGN PETITION

:siccness:

Apr 13, 2005
all the cats that work for 949 and kmel are readin this like..."NOOOOOOOOO..dont unplug clearchanell...thats how i got my stripes..and thats how i get my batchess...with out RADIO..wtf can i really do?...."

How about national Slugg yer favorite radio dj week.....

May 5, 2005
Man You're going to upset the radio dweebs on here who love the radio. When I scream this I get the just turn off the radio stop crying BS. Fuck Clear Chanel and the slaves who work for them. Why the fuck do I gotta hear big tigga's gay ass on KMEL? Clear Channel. Why do I have to hear faggot ass bow wow and ciara 12 times a day all day on the office radio? Clear channel. Why do we have Dj's from Fresno pretending to be bay? Clear Chanel. Why was The Dog House kicked off Asian and Mexican Freestyle Raggay ton 94. wack ass 9. Clear chanel. Now i'm stuck either listening to Boring ass Chuy Gomez or that bitchmade wigger strawberry. FUCK THE RADIO AND CLEAR CHANNEL!!!!

Apr 22, 2005
^lol I know I could catch hate on this but fuck that they play a few local artists here and there,NOW prolly cuz of how indpendent the Bay is and I bet hella folks demanded the shit but they do not give a fuck about the people or our local scene and stay playin the same stale ass shit over and over like you said(the fuck is a pretty ricky?).I aint puttin down the dj's cuz they gotta eat but clear channel is skrate up bullshit.some fuckin puppet masters for real.

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
I guess if you speak the truth and hurt people's feelings you're subject to being labeled a racist. America sure is beautiful.

Monopolize and dominate. Do the damn thang Clear Channel.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
yesssssssss down with clear channel and 106 kmel and wild 949! we can just listen to sports talk radio and hope that the hosts talk about bein hyphy!

Apr 22, 2005
Un Just said:
if you dont like it dont listen

its as simple as that

dont see why anybody wants anything signed
I wish it were that simple mane,its not like its the radio thats the problem its the people runnin the shit.So by me just turnin it off makes all the problems cc creates just go away? everything will be better if we let big corporations rape our culture and keep dumbin down the youth? Just read between the lines man :chinese:

props to sly and T-Kash too

Oct 10, 2004
so who are the people gonna listen to without clear channel?
no disrespect but am i gonna wait a whole week to tune into kpfa to hear a 2 hour radio show that plays rap?
i dont listen to the radio much excewpt inbetween cds while driving but there are people who rely on the radio for there music.a place of work beeing one of them!
and beeing able to hear somethin is better then nothin

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
I'm not gonna chime in on this one cause I know that's what people EXPECT me to do, but all I will say is this:

Corporate America PERIOD rips off our culture and dumbs down our youth...If u feel this strongly about Clear Channel, u might wanna take off them Nikes and put down the Big Mac...

Just food for thought

May 5, 2005
DJ Mark 7 said:
I'm not gonna chime in on this one cause I know that's what people EXPECT me to do, but all I will say is this:

Corporate America PERIOD rips off our culture and dumbs down our youth...If u feel this strongly about Clear Channel, u might wanna take off them Nikes and put down the Big Mac...

Just food for thought

Thats apples and Oranges. Thats not even remotley close to the radio issue.