University Of Phoenix

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Also I think some JC's although thy offer online courses you may still have to take som classes on a campus. I take classes online at UOP..and It does cost a good amount for each Associate degree calss ..and when you take classes for the bachelors its even more...but fuck it I got about $5000 in pell grants this year..I have less then a year left..and Im done. I may not even use the degree...but we all have our own reasons why we go to school.

Jan 9, 2007
Seattle
...Im kinda regretting signing up tho...Didnt know how expensive it is...I got a pell grant but also had to take out a long for the rest of the tuition. I thought I would be getting a nice little check after tuition and found out im only going to get about 900...I have friends in community college that are getting a couple grand to live on...Was hoping I would have enough left over to get my own place and just get a part time job to help with living...looks like I still need to find fulltime work plus school....I guess it will pay off in the long run tho...just not what I was expecting

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
I'm at UoP as I type this. I don't take online classes because I feel I get more from on-campus experiences...especially with learning teams and all that good shit. Definitely not a walk in the park like people think. The first couple classes are easy, but as you go on the shit gets serious. I like it...lots of writing and presentations...keeps my brain working. One year left and I'm DONE!

Jan 9, 2007
Seattle
Man when it comes to that money you can't make your decision that fast. If anything I would have went with like academy of art or something.
Yea that was the main problem...I just woke up one day and decided to enroll...I just assumed it would be like regular community college eccept online...I figured when it came to tuition I would get a nice leftover dispursment but boy was i wrong...I just REALLY hope it pays off in the long run....

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
change your degree nao! UOP is awesome, I just don't know if I would pay that much money for an art degree. Can you get into marketing or something? Take a look at your actual classes, are they going to teach you what you are looking to learn? I mean I bet I can walk into an art class and school people that are about to graduate just from experience and what I have learned on my own. It's never too late man.

Jan 9, 2007
Seattle
change your degree nao! UOP is awesome, I just don't know if I would pay that much money for an art degree. Can you get into marketing or something? Take a look at your actual classes, are they going to teach you what you are looking to learn? I mean I bet I can walk into an art class and school people that are about to graduate just from experience and what I have learned on my own. It's never too late man.
I thought about switching my degree but this is really what im interested in...The only problem im having is the fact that I thought I would get a WAY bigger dispursment. When I enrolled I was counting on gettin a couple raccs every semester and using it to pay rent an shit...then hustlin an a part time job for money to live off...my boy at community college does it pretty similar to that. Then after signing up I found out that wasnt the case at all...fucc it ill just go through with it and take it as a life lesson...

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
I'm at UoP as I type this. I don't take online classes because I feel I get more from on-campus experiences...especially with learning teams and all that good shit. Definitely not a walk in the park like people think. The first couple classes are easy, but as you go on the shit gets serious. I like it...lots of writing and presentations...keeps my brain working. One year left and I'm DONE!
Man I"lll be done with UOP in October.....Keep moving forward sydal.....The presentation and papers are alot of work....The only thing that really pisses me off about UOP is different teachers have different interpatations about APA format....And they all swear their way is the right way.....

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Man I"lll be done with UOP in October.....Keep moving forward sydal.....The presentation and papers are alot of work....The only thing that really pisses me off about UOP is different teachers have different interpatations about APA format....And they all swear their way is the right way.....
NICE! It is a lot of work, especially with a full time gig and a newborn...but definitely worth it. Gives me more time at home with the fam and what not. The APA shit pisses me off, mainly because they recently changed some things. I've been lucky enough to have teachers that are flexible because they know everybody sees APA in different ways.

Good shit on finishing up this year, fam.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
want to make rescission proof $$$? major in a math or science (besides bio) and Engineering... granted you have the mind frame and drive to deal with it.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
I Got Accepted Into Sum Kinda Sub-Study Thing At UOP, Shit Was Cool But I Dropped Out

Feb 15, 2003
Community College is the way to start if you don't have a scholarship or big money to pay tuition......

I had a fee waiver and got a pell grant for Modesto Junior College last year and got into all my classes for free and got to take home the whole pell grant for whatever... I mean I was supposed to buy books with some of it, but it was like 5 racks over two semesters and even if I would have bought all my books it would have been only like 4-5 bills for those.....

I bought the books I felt I needed and still have over a 3.0 just by using the internet to study, or buying a older version book, or just hookin up wit somebody in the class and using theirs....

anyway you look at it, and no matter where your goin, at least your making an effort to improve your life, just do it wisely.... good luck

Jan 9, 2007
Seattle
Community College is the way to start if you don't have a scholarship or big money to pay tuition......

I had a fee waiver and got a pell grant for Modesto Junior College last year and got into all my classes for free and got to take home the whole pell grant for whatever... I mean I was supposed to buy books with some of it, but it was like 5 racks over two semesters and even if I would have bought all my books it would have been only like 4-5 bills for those.....

I bought the books I felt I needed and still have over a 3.0 just by using the internet to study, or buying a older version book, or just hookin up wit somebody in the class and using theirs....

anyway you look at it, and no matter where your goin, at least your making an effort to improve your life, just do it wisely.... good luck
see thats pretty much what i was counting on...getting to take home some cheese for books and living expences

Jan 7, 2004
Online is high price, I go to Kaplan and I thought they were high at $825 per class, but seems UOP is even more. My wife started at UOP then switched to Kaplan later on. I have only been at Kaplan for 4 classes now but I like it.

I'll be honest though, the prices at these places is ridiculously high sometimes, if the military wasn’t paying for mine I would be going somewhere else.