Under the Influence Radio (Dear Tech)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 19, 2002
www.Myspace.com
Man, I learned about your music on this board. Went and bought the cd. Love your music. I also own a radio show called "Under the Influence", I have been playing "Imma Tell" & others way before you wanted it to be a single. I make sure to play Tech every night.

So, the reason for my post, I made some salty hookup to have you call in on my radio show to say what up to my listeners. Since we are the only station in the phoenix metro area playing your music. Never called.

THEN, I find out you were on Power 92. Great move man, but that is a station that doesnt even play your music. I understand its the best CHR station in the Valley, and you have to promote. I just wanted to let you know not to forget about the underground. It may not sell you a thousand records, but for me to bump your music every night for 4 months, and then for you to brush U.T.I. off... I didnt think it was right.

-Jizz

Aug 18, 2002
speak ya mind dude.. but i dont think tech is da one who decides wat radio stations he goes on..

great shit for playin n9ne on the radio tho man.. gotta luv that.

Jan 12, 2003
Just to say, i dont know who was your hook-up but i can atleast, tell you that sombody outside did the promotion for that show so if those people tell him that this is the station to go to. then thats prob what happeded and everybody who say there sombody or not the people you need to get with, one thing i know Tech would never pass up the chance to get real, with his real fans, most def the underground thats how the virus spreads. I know for a fact he has not been happy with the promotion thus far in the tour, so i bet nobody told him about your radio show, and dont listen to just anybody who saids they know him bacause 98% of the times that shit never gets to him. So i wouldent be all out done about that this is not the end, just the beginning

Jan 12, 2003
All I can say is shit happens. Who knows, there could have been a mix up. But dont let that lil incident stop you from promoting his music and album w/ air play. I'm sure that if you truely have the virus then this will have no effect on playing his shit. Cuz its truely the greatest music that could be played on the air today. PERIOD.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
JizzHornay said:
I just wanted to let you know not to forget about the underground. -Jizz
i like this quote......
good shit....its the same here in Kc though....
he gets on 95.7 (a gay ass station, well they all are here)...and they dont play his shit at all........

Sep 26, 2002
Re: Re: Under the Influence Radio (Dear Tech)

JLMACN said:

he gets on 95.7 (a gay ass station, well they all are here)...and they dont play his shit at all........

like Chuck D and Henry Rollins talk on MTV all the time , but they wont' play their music

Jan 12, 2003
Man forget about underground? Its not like kc has a hidden underground. Only thing most cats from here listen to is underground. Out of most citys in this country why do you think a lot of underground promote here, cause we love underground music. Plus hes on the underground set, branch out and up isent that the plan. Everystation here is on the most part ran by getting their palms greased, That hook up was because shorty on the radio is cool as fuck, and the guy is Vertigao{sp} manager, they asked him to go on and he did, Nuff said. I dont care if its 104.3 playing country shit all day, If the man gets on the radio its a good thing. So then underground, can go mainstream and everybody can get money. Unless your like those other cats, where if he starts makin money then hes sellin out? Just wondering.

When i read all of your posts 98% have something negative to say about everything. Not trying to start shit, i was just wondering. No not everybody has to love Tech or like everything he does thats not what i mean, and you have the right to your own opinion, are you playing the Devils Advocate or , are you just not happy.

Dec 19, 2002
www.Myspace.com
Well, the thing is, Im a underground station playing his shit, the station he went to didnt even mention he was in town. I was mentioning he had shows, this and that. He still goes over to a station that doesnt remember his name right now. Thats smart, that station might play your music afterwards. Im listening though, and they arent!! We arent either...so did he really gain?

Now no stations in AZ play his music....

I'll bump it in my ride, cause the man has skills. I wont promote for him anymore. Its sad too, cause I am the local underground scene here in Phoenix. Only station playing the real shit. I have mutherfuckas hating on FM stations....

-Jizz

Check out the website: www.602Streets.com

-Jizz

Jan 12, 2003
All i have to say on that Jizz, you wont promote becauce, sombody said they knew him and he dident come, on the Real thats bullshit, like i said it may have never got to him and for you to say fuck him over some shit he prob dident hear, is shit, one of his tour busess broke down, so he was in Dallas for more days than he wanted to be, i wasent taling to you in the last post. I now for sure he wouldent give up the chance to talk to his real fans and sombody promoting his music. They left promotion in the hands of some people there who dident do there thing. so unless you have talked to Tech himself and he said fuck you then, then to me thats some shit. but to each his own. Tech would give his arm for his fans and all his time, i can atest to that shit. Like i said all the promotion for that show was left up to some local people cause he shit got fucked up in Dallas and as you could see the shit wasent done right, and so from that date on out they are not leaving promotions up in the air, they are doing it themselfs and shit.

I not telling you what you should do or say on your show, thats your shit. but like i said, how can you say fuck you when i can atest that he never heard you wanting him to be on your show. Say fuck you to the bullshit person who said they had the hook-up and the fucked up people who did the promotion{which wasent anybody in the Strange music or Tech N9ne family} Arizona wasent done right and they fare fixing that problem as we speak.

Dec 19, 2002
www.Myspace.com
I dont say fuck Tech N9ne. I have 3 cd's full of his music, I support him by buying his albums. So far only Absolute Power. I will buy the next cd. Thats how I support Tech.

Now about my show...I know he got the info. I called his room. I talked to his homey. Let him know everything. He let me know that Tech had anothher interview to do but he would call us first.

Im not really mad about Tech being too busy to call. I understand. Sometimes I get caught up with how busy I am, I can only imagine how much worse it is for Tech.

All Im saying is I wont be playing Tech everynight, like I used too. I know for a fact he knew about the show. He heard it from two different sources. So, I know. Its all lovely though.

-Jizz

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
Jizz cracks me up. Its like a girl mad at another girl some some stupid reason.

What I wanna know is who is this "homey" you talked to. Tech did a interview for KSU radio. Why wouldnt he do it for you. Trust me man hes real to the fans he will sit and talk to you forever and give you hella love. Just ask anyone around here. Im surprised more people havent said anything.

but I wanna know who you talked to.

Dec 19, 2002
www.Myspace.com
I talked to Grease/Travis

Whoever they are. They said they were in the same room. Tech was "in the shower"

So, whether or not homey was stoned, Tech MIGHT have gotten the message.

What Im more pissed about is, not being known about from the get. Its all good, still a new show(2 years). I have to put in my dues!!

-Jizz

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
Sounds like you talked to Grant Rice (Grease).....but for real....shit will get worked out. Don't get all bent out of shape, things will work themselves out. Keep up the support......"such loyalty shall be rewarded".

I can gaurentee you that you didnt get snubbed on purpose. Shit on this tour hasn't gone so smooth and there has been a lot of "extra" shit to be handled. So I can imagine how something like this could get lost in the mix.

Nick

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM

@JIZZ......

AY HOMEY....I FEEL WHAT YOU ARE SAYIN AND UNDERSTAND IT....
JUST BE EAZY WIT WHAT YOU SAYIN.....YOU KNOW TO CERTAIN PEOPLE IN HERE......TECH DOESNT MAKE MISTAKES.....
BUT THATS THEM....
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE HE DID MAKE A MISTAKE NOT DOIN THE INTERVIEW WITH YOU....IF YOU ARE SUPPORTING HIM LIKE THAT...

SORRY FOR YA BRO....

HEY NOW YOU KNOW THOUGH....

Jan 7, 2003
I don't think I have ever read anyone saying that Tech is perfect...Damn, number one, he is a man, so that speaks for it's self. Women are perfect...ha!

But damn, just to not play his shit...that is fucked up. Like someone said already, they have delt with allot of shit that they werent expecting to. I know that there are some of us back home that wish we could talk to them more but things happen.

I can say that he would never just blow you off, I havent ever seen him turn his back to someone that knew who he was, and if it were in his hands, he would ALWAYS choose to do shit for his "REAL" fans over people that don't even try to feel him. I'm sure that if he had the chance he would probably tell you exactly why he didn't do it, and then you may realize that he recognizes his real fans..."Real recognize Real"

Jan 12, 2003
Its just real dishearting to come on this board and everything you say is so negative, not that you dont have a right to your opinion, but it just seems since most on here is a big fan, To me it just seems you are on some way personal shit, and not just not disagreeing but on some ol other shit. Again just wondering. Tech is far from perfect, but one thing i can speak on is the way he interacts with his fans, we could be at dinner with the family, and could be like 20 people who want autographs, he will sign everyone, and not just some Tech N9ne thing. somithing personal on each and speak to each and everyone, not just on his time but my time. So for anybody to ? that shit that just plain pisses me off. The trip has been fucked up, to say the least, and has just been turing around since he got to Cali,

If you want to ? his music and why you dont like something, then i could care less, not everybody can feel everything he does. And you have the right to your own opinion. But to say now you know, know what, that everyday people say he will be here and there without asking him first, putting his name on shit without his permission and speaking for him, yes that shit happens everyday and some inportant shit fall between the cracks, and he is just a man a very busy man, of which i know you cant even think, while doing this music shit for the people he barley has time to see his own mom, trying to make this shit pop for his family and fans.

so excuse me if i take this shit too personal, because for me their is no other way to take it.

And about important people falling throug the cracks, they booked a show on his oldest daughters b-day, yes a misunderstanding, but non the less crazy shit like that happends. and guess what the show has to go on.

So again excuse me while i say fuck you, cause most have no idea what the fuck their talking about. Wont go here again takes to much time and energy, will only speak about shit on here that means something to me or I'm joking. So no need to respond i just need to get that offf. So back to business of talking about crazy shit to pass the time.

SO WHAT DO YOU DO TO GET YOUR TOW UP! one of my favorites