UFC on FUEL 2: Gustafsson vs Silva 4-14-12

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
mma as a sport is evolving, its getting way more technical no more like the old days. future fights are going to be more strategic and technical. to the average UFC fan thats boring, I love it. Unless Dana White starts cutting checks if the fighters don't go out in bang, this will be the direction MMA will go in.
What Gustafsson did tonight wasn't really technical though, like I said I do give him props for shutting down a beast like Silva, but what Gustafsson did was use his reach to score points and he back peddled in and out. Anybody with a reach like that over a much shorter fighter could do the same thing. Although his foot work was awesome, I do gotta give it up for that.

Personally I don't see technical striking as jab jab back up circle jab jab back up circle. I don't think Gustafsson threw a combo the whole fight lol He did get a couple uppercuts in there though.

Dude is definitely gonna be a problem for a lot of people in the future if they can't figure out how to get past his reach.

Jun 21, 2005
i thought the fight was gonna be five rounds, since it was the main event. why wasnt it? i was rootn for silva, i wonder whats next for him.

Feb 8, 2006
What Gustafsson did tonight wasn't really technical though, like I said I do give him props for shutting down a beast like Silva, but what Gustafsson did was use his reach to score points and he back peddled in and out. Anybody with a reach like that over a much shorter fighter could do the same thing. Although his foot work was awesome, I do gotta give it up for that.

Personally I don't see technical striking as jab jab back up circle jab jab back up circle. I don't think Gustafsson threw a combo the whole fight lol He did get a couple uppercuts in there though.

Dude is definitely gonna be a problem for a lot of people in the future if they can't figure out how to get past his reach.
Ur right, I wasn't speaking on this fight, but just the direction I think mma is heading.

Feb 10, 2006
they'll probably give him ryan bader next...

since hendo is waiting still for a title shot and rua will be fighting quinton once he recovers from the injury.

i think rich franklin even could be a consideration if he chooses to move bacc up lhw.