UFC 152: Jones vs. Machida II

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
So apparently the number 151 is forever forgotten, new website has been published for 152 and the new fight poster already got dropped by the UFC

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC152

Main Card:
Jones vs Machida
Benavidez vs Johnson
Bisping vs Stann
Grant vs Dunham
Hamill vs Matyushenko
Swanson vs Oliveira

Prelims:
Pokrajac vs Magalhaes
Hettes vs Brimage
Baczynski vs Thoresen
Gagnon vs Watson
Brenneman vs Noke

Feb 12, 2004
wtf why not let Chael fight at 152 if Machida doesn't want to fight? I don't get it. And why the fuck doesn't Machida want to fight? These new age MMA fighters suck donkey dick. All the true MMA icons like Wanderlei, Chuck, Fedor, Randy, Big Nog, etc. never ducked fights.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
WOW!!! All this bashing on Jones (me included) and now Machida pulls this? Didnt he want another shot at the belt? WTF is goin on? This is why boxing will always be a better sport and a bigger sport! Lets go Dawson/Ward & Martinez/Chavez Jr. Got Em!!

Feb 10, 2006
VITORS GONNA HAVE A FULL CAMP THO, CUZ HE WAS ALREADY TRAINING FOR 153'S CARD...I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE OLD VITOR COME OUT N PUT TO REST THIS SO CALLED "PHENOM" THEY CALL JON JONES...THERES ONLY ONE HOMIE AND ITS BELFORT!

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
^^^^DONT JINX THEM MUFUCCAZ NOW!!
Haha I hear ya. I still cant believe both Dawson or Ward are actually fighting each other already. Also still cant believe Chavez Jr. stepped up like a man finally and is fighting Serg. Cant wait! Fuck this sissified MMA chumps! I still love it but not before boxing. Got Em!!

Dec 19, 2006
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/24/32...medium=twitter

Gary A. Vasquez-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
Many of you are wondering how it is that Vitor Belfort, of all fighters, came to be awarded a light heavyweight title shot at champion Jon Jones at UFC 152 on Sept. 22, 2012, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

After Dan Henderson was injured and Jones turned down a fight against Chael Sonnen, "The Phenom" wasn't the first option. Or, as it turns out, even the second.

Indeed, Lyoto Machida was initially offered the title shot he earned by knocking out Ryan Bader at UFC on Fox 4 this past Aug. 4 in Los Angeles. But he turned it down for reasons that are still unclear.

Now we know Mauricio Rua did the same.

That's according to Lance Pugmire of the LA Times who was informed by Lorenzo Fertitta himself:

L @Love Trujillo fertitta tells me Shogun Rua also turned down shot at Jones to set up Belfort as Sept. 22 opponent. ... Fertitta says, "Thank god Belfort is from the same generation as LIDDELL, Hughes, etc. REAL fighter!"

"Shogun," like Machida, won by knockout at UFC on Fox 4, though he did so much less impressively. In fact, it took him four hard fought rounds to finish Brandon Vera and with the stipulation in place that whomever was most impressive in victory would become the next number one contender, Rua was passed over and instead booked to square off against Alexander Gustafsson at UFC on Fox 5.

But once "The Dragon" turned down another shot at Jones, that made Rua the obvious next choice. Now we know he was offered the bout and for whatever reason elected to turn it down.

So to get this straight, Machida, "Shogun" and Jones (the light heavyweights) have all turned down fights in the past 24 hours while Sonnen, Belfort, Anderson Silva, and Chris Weidman (the middleweights) have all either offered to step up to the plate or actually done so.

Who said the 185-pound division wasn't any good?

May 6, 2002
Machida was next in line anyways.
Why would he cut himself short. They swore they gave him some once in a lifetime opportunity.
He's still going to get Jones. I hope Vitor runs through him though.

Dec 9, 2005
...and Jones is the guy who's supposed to be the face & future of MMA?

Fans who have been fans for years have been spoiled by guys who have the 'anyone, anytime' attitude. No way around it, this was some pussy shit from Jones. I don't care what excuses Greg Jackson has about strategy, the paying fans who make what they do possible don't give a shit about your stupid strategy & gameplan.

Not to mention all of the undercard fighters who paid for camps, now left with no payday.

BITCH MOVE BONES. He just lost a fan.