UFC 100 does 1.75 million buys. What would Brock vs Fedor do??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2004
"Dana also pretty much admitted that he's going to have to jump off the Mandalay Bay once they figure out how to do it. He did not give a buyrate figure, but the number we've heard from several sources now both inside and outside UFC is approximately 1.72 million buys."

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/10128/
Damn those are some huge fucking numbers(especially in the current times we live in). I have a good feeling Fedor vs Brock would break all the time record which is what? 2.4 by Mayweather De La hoya?

Personally what impressed me more was that 25million people tuned in to watch UFC 100 in Mexico which aired for the first time.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
Damn those are some huge fucking numbers(especially in the current times we live in). I have a good feeling Fedor vs Brock would break all the time record which is what? 2.4 by Mayweather De La hoya?

Personally what impressed me more was that 25million people tuned in to watch UFC 100 in Mexico which aired for the first time.
Unfortunately that fight will never happen as long as Fedor's management team continue to be fucking idiots.

Also the most important thing about ratings is the comeback show. A lot of shows do well initially, it's how they do on the follow up that's important. How many people liked it so much that they're willing to tune in again?

Dec 9, 2005
Great news, and fitting for the 100th show.

I'm actually seeing a lot of my friends who were never really into MMA, start to show interest in the sport, and the UFC in particular.

I think a Brock - Fedor fight would be huge. I was really hoping they could have struck a deal and put this on 103.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
LOL the boxing match it surpassed was Cristobal Cruz Vs. Jorge Solis II, which turned out to be a foul filled fight where around 5 points had to be taken away by the ref. Neither is very big in Mexico except for probably in their hometowns ..

May 17, 2004
i dont understand why people think there would be so many buys for fedor vs. brock. fedor is not known to the casual fan. while i would love to see the fight and would be excited i dont see it passing 1.75 million buys.

Dec 9, 2005
i dont understand why people think there would be so many buys for fedor vs. brock. fedor is not known to the casual fan. while i would love to see the fight and would be excited i dont see it passing 1.75 million buys.

Yeah, I think a lot of 100's success has just as much to do with the GSP vs Alves fight, and just the combination of those two matchups.

But I do think that Fedor is more popular than Frank Mir. He isn't known to the casual fan, but is getting some good exposure over these negotiations, even though some might see him in a negative light for it.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
True, but if UFC did one of their 3 weeks leading up to the fights specials and showed all of the PRIDE Fedor footage that Affliction didn't have the rights to, I think they could sell it. Especially if they had Fedor fight Randy first, to show the casual fans this guy will kill your hero and has his sights set on Brock.

Splice up Fedor smashing Nogs head into the mat, the Fujita punch and Fedor choking him out, the Randleplex and Fedor kimura'ing him with Randleman screaming, some random blows from the Cro Cop fight, 2X armbars of Coleman, Sylvia getting Zulu'd and the Arlovski KO and you've just gained a shitload of interest for the guy.