Twitter IPO / Who Buyin?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
BASEDVATO @BASEDVATO rolling w/ fido eh?
I had company options, that opened up a fidelity account for me automatically. I just kept it ever since. Its not ideal for day trading because transaction fees are high, but I just buy stuff and hold on.

Jan 23, 2006
I had company options, that opened up a fidelity account for me automatically. I just kept it ever since. Its not ideal for day trading because transaction fees are high, but I just buy stuff and hold on.
7.95 is not bad. some places are a shit ton more. ishares are commission free too.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz

Not sure about twitter still this is my profolio atm, nothing outragous, I just throw in money when I can, started about a year ago.

Now you know, I gotta give you shit about TRIQUINT SEMI.....really? INTC has been providing the highest dividend yield in the industry for quite some time. Yes, the splits that made millionaires overnight in the stock is a thing of the past, but the dividend and growth remains strong, I'm luvin it. Shame on you for that. Props overall though, not bad.

Last edited:

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Now you know, I gotta give you shit about TRIQUINT SEMI.....really? INTC has been providing the highest dividend yield in the industry for quite some time. Yes, the splits that made millionaires overnight in the stock is a thing of the past, but the dividend and growth remains strong, I'm luvin it. Shame on you for that. Props overall though, not bad.
TRIQUINT SEMI is the black eye of my profolio, I'm only holding on in hopes to break even, I didn't put much into that company though.

I have few K more i'll be able to invest in the coming month, and researching what I want to put it into.

Any thoughts... def not twitter, I already took the gamble with Facebook and did ok. Don't want to test my luck with twitter.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
TRIQUINT SEMI is the black eye of my profolio, I'm only holding on in hopes to break even, I didn't put much into that company though.

I have few K more i'll be able to invest in the coming month, and researching what I want to put it into.

Any thoughts... def not twitter, I already took the gamble with Facebook and did ok. Don't want to test my luck with twitter.
It really depends what sector you are looking at. Unless you are going to Invest in INTC I would stay away from Semiconductor. I don't want to tell you where to put your money though, I am no professional or qualified to tell you what to buy.

Research what the big dogs have bought and if you can get in lower than they did, you are more than likely in good shape.

If you are looking for long term, see what offers best dividend yields or growth potential.

If you are looking short-term research those separately. I could name some companies I'm invested in or looking at but I am not a big dog in this game (sounds like we need Mike Manson @Mike Manson pops advice on that lol).

--------------------------------------------

IDIX, OPK, YuMe, NKA, DDD, TGE, RAD, WHX, CDTI, AOI, ABT, ABBV

Last edited:

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
Word? care to shed some light bruh goon?

All I know is the difference between being taxed before you withdrawal or being taxed when you start to withdrawal.
That's exactly it.

If you contribute to a traditional 401k, it lowers your taxable income now. So you'll pay less taxes on your current paychecks, and depending on your income level & how much you contribute, you might be able to get down into a lower tax bracket too. (But you will have to pay taxes on everything later on when you start making withdrawals.)

If you contribute to a Roth, you're putting in money that you've already paid taxes on, so you'll never have to pay taxes on it again, or any of the earnings when you withdraw them later in life.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2006
That's sort of what I figured, thanks for clearing that up though. Which are you doing, roth or traditional?

What do you guys think about Costco and Amazon stock, yay or nay?

Jan 23, 2006
i made a play on a weed penny stock, cbis, and got greedy and i didn't sell it when i should have. shit went down about 24 percent today. haha.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
i made a play on a weed penny stock, cbis, and got greedy and i didn't sell it when i should have. shit went down about 24 percent today. haha.
I been watchin that one for a year, was at like 3 1/2 cents and jumped up to over 8 cents on legalization day right (or rather day after)...

TWTR 69.00▲ +1.50 (2.22%)
69.21+0.21 (0.30%)After Hours

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Penny stock are the worse rarely haven't known anyone to make consistent money on them.

To many pump and dump schemes. I guess if you personally knew the company and believed in it.

May 6, 2002
Sold JPM on the ex div date. Made about 35% or so. Didn't like holding 2 big banks (long WFC).
About to load up on some AXP. Hoping it pulls back a couple points before I pull the trigger.