TWISTA and BONE are making an album together

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
Bone Thugs Working On Album With Twista
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
May 03, 2007, 12:35 PM ET
Gary Graff, Detroit
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony continue to bring the curtain down on their once nasty feud with Chicago MC Twista via the collaboration "C-Town," a track from "Strength & Loyalty," the Cleveland rap troupe's new album.

And the group's Layzie Bone says there's more where that came from. "We're working on an album," Layzie tells Billboard.com, though there's no firm timetable for its release yet. "We've got, like, five, six, seven songs. Twista is our dawg, man. We're unifying the Midwest. We had problems in the beginning, but that's too long ago to bring up. We're making music, man."

The artists are, in fact, anxious to put the rivalry -- which dates to the early '90s and was as much about geography as anything else -- in the past. Twista (Carl Terrell Mitchell) guested on the Layzie Bone track "Midwest Invasion," which first appeared on the 2005 X-Ray compilation "This is Hip-Hop." And Krayzie Bone joined Twista for "Spit Your Game" on last year's Notorious B.I.G. project "Duets: the Final Chapter."

"It definitely was a rivalry at one time, but it was all senseless, nonsense," says Krayzie. "We were just young and not even realizing what was going on. Now we're like, 'Man, what were we even beefing about?' We don't even know -- like, who rapped the fastest or whatever. It really didn't make sense. Now we're like, instead of beefing we can make money together."

As previously reported, "Strength & Loyalty" is due May 8 via Full Surface/Interscope. The group is playing spot club dates to promote the album's release, including a release-day home town show at the Cleveland House of Blues, with a larger tour expected later this year.

Nov 13, 2004
Beautiful!!! Imagine Krayzie, Bizzy, Wish, Flesh, and Twista....shiiiit. The Midwest would be runnin shit again. Oh quick question....do we claim Bow Wow?

Oct 15, 2004
a bunch of singing.. bones done there days are behind them..they need to go into gospel now..maybe a boy band or something...give up rapping

Nov 13, 2004
flaimm said:
a bunch of singing.. bones done there days are behind them..they need to go into gospel now..maybe a boy band or something...give up rapping
Oh no I wouldnt say that...they are on their last leg and this new album will be the defining moment and if it dont pop its a wrap. But I'm rooting for them tho I love Bone but I saw them on 106&Park and the crowd just wasnt into them. Plus that new single is gettin no love, but I really hope they pull thru.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
mafiaqueen said:
Plus that new single is gettin no love, but I really hope they pull thru.
You talking about “I Tried”? I would hardly consider a single sitting at 11 on the Top 100 (and at 7 a week or two ago) “gettin' no love.”

Either way, this album outta be interesting. And much like stated, given Tech N9ne's connections to both parties, would definitely be a nice surprise to have him pop up on a track.