Turf Talk #'s

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 11, 2002
To be honest I've probably gone into a store to buy a CD maybe 4-5 times in the last 2 years. I usually just cop the album off of Itunes. Instant gratification. Plus I know they count with Soundscan. I think the customer in Northern California is too techno-savvy. I believe they are more apt to cop the music online. The message should be to convince people to buy online instead of bootleg online. That's a tough thing to convince somebody of but if ppl are really fans and understand their favorite artists career depends on it they'll come around. Threads like this will help to get the word out that real support is needed for dope album. I dont have the Turfy album but with so many good reviews I'm hearing I just might be on Itunes later.

Feb 5, 2006
Lil Dan said:
they had a shitload of copies at FYE. i thought about coppin it BUT i wasnt feeling too many of tha tracks. i woulda however, copped it if i had a ride cuz this shyt would sound like something i'd bump. it's a solid album i guess

HAHAHA U DONT MAKE NO SENSE

Mar 28, 2006
i think sales will pick up alot after it gets out in stores..its been out for a week and still isnt in my local mom and pop that usually has all that shit right wen it drops

Fila

www.sactownradio.com
Apr 25, 2002
www.sactownradio.com
I blame this one on super weak distro. We got A TON of emails from people all over the place talkin about they couldnt find the CD in stores. I know for sure it didnt even hit Dimple Records here in Sacramento last week and from the emails im getting it's still not there. Navarre/Koch is killin Turf, he shoulda had better numbers than that

Aug 7, 2003
SoilSavy said:
so do you not listen to music, rap? or do you just bootleg it for yourself, which it sounds like you do. There is a prime example of why the west cant sell bananas to a monkey
dont speak on shit you dont know, its bad for your health. anyways i own over 700 cds many were bought within the last 4 years. i learned that i need my money for other things in life (i.e. food, shelter, utilities, transportation) before i need a new rap cd. and the funny thing was i even bought a used cd today for 3 bucks cus i had some time to kill and some extra ones in my pocket.

Dec 9, 2006
SoilSavy said:
so do you not listen to music, rap? or do you just bootleg it for yourself, which it sounds like you do. There is a prime example of why the west cant sell bananas to a monkey

I can sell coconuts to a pogo stick pimpin. Put that in ya ear and see how it sounds.

Anywhooo this new Turf album got me going im really feeling the course on the groupie song!!! This album makes me wanna wrap my cock around a beeeezies neck and start her up like a fuckin lawn mower

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
i know at least 10 people dat wudda bought it if they had it ANYWHERE. navarre is PATHETIC, real talk, places never heard of it in wisconsin, same thing happened wit soil savy. i even talked 2 folks in madison n green bay n they dont hav it there. it is true dat downloading is killing it 2, but most folks who bumpin dis shit prolly aint got credit cards, im a grown ass man n my credit is booboo, so how da fuk ya gon buy it if they dont hav it anywhere? i buy every bay artists album dat i support, i can get just about all of em at best buy. i got da baydestrian there, i got every marv disc there, i even got da psd/marv/keak joint there, how r they all gon hav better distro den turf? ridiculous, i really feel bad 4 em, dis da hottest album i heard in a while, a classic, i wudda thought he wudda moved dat in da bay alone. he wudda profited more droppin a garbage mixtape like everybody else, truth is dats prolly why dudes do that. every1 in da bay besides 40 is basically local, look at da sales. damn shame.

May 4, 2005
I think KNOXTHEASSMAN went off the deep end... you could not sell a hearing aid to your grandmamma. And thats real talk real spit ya bootch. Call it verbal vomit

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
hustlematic1 said:
To be honest I've probably gone into a store to buy a CD maybe 4-5 times in the last 2 years. I usually just cop the album off of Itunes. Instant gratification. Plus I know they count with Soundscan. I think the customer in Northern California is too techno-savvy. I believe they are more apt to cop the music online. The message should be to convince people to buy online instead of bootleg online. That's a tough thing to convince somebody of but if ppl are really fans and understand their favorite artists career depends on it they'll come around. Threads like this will help to get the word out that real support is needed for dope album. I dont have the Turfy album but with so many good reviews I'm hearing I just might be on Itunes later.
I'd buy the album off of itunes right now, if it was on ItunesPlus. I swear, if the independent/local acts did that, I'd have much more music legally. The fucked up thing is I won't download local/independent albums illegally and I don't go to music stores like that, so I just end up not having whole albums.

W6C

May 19, 2002
I think the biggest part is just exposure. According to a poll here on the siccness, about 75% of responding siccness members prefered Turf Talk's album to Mistah F.A.B.'s... but Mistah F.A.B. sold twice as many copies in the first week. So if the die hard baydestrians prefer Turf, why is FAB selling twice the numbers?

Because he was in everybodies faces. He was in all the magazines. He was the most heavily promoted artist in the bay. People bought the album even if they didn't know too much about hyphy. The peripheral fans. Plus FAB's more of a people person from what I hear.

Same thing with Turf Talk's first album. That's probably the best hyphy album of all time, but it had no promotion what'soever, and most people didn't know about it.

Mar 28, 2006
went back to tha store that has all the bay shit around here..still not there.

Barley anyone can get their hands on it, thats gotta be a huge part of y the sales r so low. People are feelin the fuck out of this album and people want to buy it. Hopefully by the time it gets out there too many people didnt give up and just DL it and decide not to buy it.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i saw the shit at 4 different music stores in san diego

maybe you should get your local music buyer at the local chain store to order copies

i worked at virgin megastore in the corporate side of shit, all you had to do was holla at a buyer in the store and theyll get it

so if you complainin holla at your music store owner and tell them to get the new turf talk album in stores