Turf Talk #'s

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2005
Locomotive41562 made the post about the numbers for the first week...

Posts: 68 I can't post anything yet, but Turf Talk did 2,119....i'll try to have all the other requests up as soon as possible.

-----I have to say I bought the album and have been enjoying it. I am not trying to start a thread saying EVERYBODY should have bought The West Coast Vaccine, but I thought more than 2,119 people would have. It's just like the Mistah FAB cd, that did not sell that well. I did not buy that cd yet, but I also would have thought it would have done better for sales. I mean people say Fuck #'s, but really that is what the game survives on. These should be a wake-up call for people to realize people need to stop bootlegging. I was optimistic and thought Turf would have sold around 10,000 for the first week. Great Production, Rick Rock, Droop-E, Jake 1, EA-Ski, The Bizness, Rome, LA, etc. Great Features, E-40, B-Legit, Freeway, Too Short, Federation on the hooks, etc. It makes me sick his numbers were that low putting out a cd that had major appeal all over it. Like I said not EVERYBODY should have bought his cd, but I think its hard to disagree that he should have sold more than 2,119....

So let me ask you all.... What is it, and why are not more people supporting artists in the Bay and California in general

Feb 15, 2003
its a dope album and people really need to start coppin CD's at the store instead of burning (including myself) to support these rappers so they can continue to put out music for us to enjoy

May 4, 2005
Ya I agree with the lack of promotion... and Radio Play. I though there would have been one really really solid completely radio friendly single. Especially that he had Rick Rock and E-40 in the studio. A grammy award winning producer and an artists who has sold major major numbers on a national level. I really like all of the songs on the cd and I am happy I bought it, but I still think one more solid single could and should have been added....

He had like 40,000 people visiting his myspace that week, so I thought that would have turned into some sales. But there was not a link to buy the cd. Somebody said Best Buy put it out 2 days late which also most likely hurt he sales. They should have had a direct link off his and E-40's myspace to buy the cd at that instance. Just an opinion... What the hell do I know

Aug 7, 2006
Honestly ill tell you one thing,

i never listened to turf talk in my life until now and most heads(that are music heads)i know dont really know anything about him. this album that just came out vaccine or something like that is pretty fuckin ill. i mean this is one bay album that is universal and gettin recognized on a hip hop level. I believe this album will do good. just give it time because when people outside of the bay get asked about the bay they believe its nothing but hyphy so it takes longer for them to actually take the time to peep. now people are takin the time to peep. i was shocked when i heard it, how well-rounded and universal it was.i give him props on this album. the only other albums i hear from the bay that are that well-rounded and universal is E40 and the team

Jan 23, 2007
numbers dont pick up....probly sell 1000 next week which is sad cuz the cd is dope like i think if everybody nation wide heard the album people would agree that it is in atleast the top 10 best albums of this year i mean out of all rap albums...but that shit had no promotion tho...siccness and myspace dont work...u need local commercials, posters everywhere, and turf shoulda been doin hella appearances and magazine articles etc. ...but regardless the album shoulda sold more...that shit is up there wit my ghetto report card

Apr 24, 2006
Most "newer" artists in the bay are focusing their attention on getting a younger fan base, and only targeting kids with their promotion...KIDS DO NOT BUY ALBUMS!!! They are the FIRST one's to go and download something.........but then again, if you weren't on the internet, did you see ANY promotion for this album?

another thing, there are a lot of people who just don't like him. He's kind of a hit or miss artist, you either like his music or you don't. There's not really "in between" area.

Feb 1, 2006
This album isnt even getting stocked in stores outside of the bay right now unless you special order it, if sales pick up regionally, then outlets in other regions will take notice.

May 4, 2005
His voice is not a problem to me, but I agree that appealing to younger girls is what sells albums and there are no songs on the cd that appeal to that age group who have the funds to buy the cd. Maybe he should have got a T-Pain verse haha

May 4, 2005
so do you not listen to music, rap? or do you just bootleg it for yourself, which it sounds like you do. There is a prime example of why the west cant sell bananas to a monkey

Apr 13, 2007
www.myspace.com
they had a shitload of copies at FYE. i thought about coppin it BUT i wasnt feeling too many of tha tracks. i woulda however, copped it if i had a ride cuz this shyt would sound like something i'd bump. it's a solid album i guess

Feb 1, 2006
^^ shit, nice one! I shouldn't have generalized like that, some places are gonna have em, I just know I looked at about 3 places where I'm at (which is not a super-tiny city) and they didn't have em, and my dude out in the Northeast couldn't find em either....