Traffic ticket (no left turn) question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 16, 2004
I just got a ticket for turning left when there was a "no left turn" sign. Obviously I didn't see that sum bitch and I turned when there was absolutely no cars coming either way. Next thing I know a motorcycle cop has his lights blinking behind me. Anyway the fucking pig gave me a fucking ticket for turning left on a restricted area. Also my b-day just passed this month and had no clue my DL was expired, so he cited me for that too, it says it's correctable. My question is, how much do you guys think this'll cost me? I'm located in San Diego County if that helps. I also got a ticket last year for running a red light, and already went to traffic school earlier this year but was cited a ticket last summer. So I'm still in the fucking 18 month thing and can't go to traffic school. I know I'm going to get a point on my record, what an ass hat. As soon as I pulled out of the lot after I got my ticket, the piggy was after another car, ain't that about a bitch? Fucker.

Nov 16, 2004
Oh yeah, I went back to the lot I pulled out of where I made the illegal turn to see the sign and that shit's like 10 ft tall, how the fuck am I suppose to see that? And I was going up on a hill, my eyes were focused at the peak where the road was and it's was really hard to see. Can I fight this shit? If so what's my argument? That the sign was real tall and I couldn't see it?

Sep 26, 2006
take pics of the sign and the angle you were looking at and try to prove it was hard for you to even see the sign...also fight it cuz the cop might not show up...go out there and count how many other cars do the same thing you did and that the sign is in an unfiar spot

Dec 9, 2005
^ It was a moving violation, so you could just set up a court date, and unless it was a CHP officer...he's not going to show up. Because officers are asked to come in on their days off, and most, if not all of them won't do it for a measly 1 or 2 hours of OT.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Next time, don't turn where it says not to, and you won't have this problem.

I don't know about fines, but shit, had you not made that one turn, it would have been way different. And you should always check your license to see when it expires, or just know.

Nov 16, 2004
Good looking out Boeg, I may just do that. Just post up and film how many cars turn left. And the terrain was all fucked up like when you pull into the lot you're going downhill, it ain't no flat surface. So when I pulled out I was going uphill to meet the flat surface main road. Thanks for the advice, I hope the judge sides with me, plus I had passenger in the car and he didn't see the sign neither.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
What the hell is taking pictures going to do? He knows he saw the fuckin sign and decided to be a dumb ass and do it anyway....Most people probably see the sign and don't do it...I'm sorry but he's not special.

Should have known better....

LOL @ boeg giving piggy secrets...

Sep 26, 2006
theres always hella cops from thanksgiving until mid january cuz of all the traveling...dont really know why theres so many bike cops...ive noticed it too though

Nov 16, 2004
INPUT said:
Next time, don't turn where it says not to, and you won't have this problem.

I don't know about fines, but shit, had you not made that one turn, it would have been way different. And you should always check your license to see when it expires, or just know.
Yeah no shit, had I seen the sign I wouldn't have turned left. ALso the car before me made a left turn too...But I was caught several seconds later as he was heading in my direction.

Nov 16, 2004
INPUT said:
What the hell is taking pictures going to do? He knows he saw the fuckin sign and decided to be a dumb ass and do it anyway....Most people probably see the sign and don't do it...I'm sorry but he's not special.

Should have known better....

LOL @ boeg giving piggy secrets...
No dummy I DID NOT SEE THE SIGN. When I stated I didn't see that sum bitch I was referring to the sign...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I got ya....that's weak shit. But, still should pay more attention and not just do what other drivers do......most of them are retards :)

Nov 16, 2004
INPUT said:
I got ya....that's weak shit. But, still should pay more attention and not just do what other drivers do......most of them are retards :)
I had a passenger in there too bro, and he didn't see it either...And as I stated earlier, the car in front of me turned left too.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
smeezy said:
I had a passenger in there too bro, and he didn't see it either...And as I stated earlier, the car in front of me turned left too.
Your passenger isn't supposed to be watching the road. And I agree with what Dana said, that's what I was getting at by saying, "still should pay more attention and not just do what other drivers do......most of them are retards."

smeezy said:
Naw smart ass, I was saying he probably didn't see the sign too.
So they are retarded, and that makes you more retarded for following them. Nothing personal, but if you're going to defend yourself in court, that shit isn't going to hold up.

"So your honor, this guy did it before me, so I did it."

Do you know how many fucking times they probably hear that EVERY day?

Get a better excuse or you'll probably have to pay it.

Nov 16, 2004
INPUT said:
Your passenger isn't supposed to be watching the road. And I agree with what Dana said, that's what I was getting at by saying, "still should pay more attention and not just do what other drivers do......most of them are retards."

So they are retarded, and that makes you more retarded for following them. Nothing personal, but if you're going to defend yourself in court, that shit isn't going to hold up.

"So your honor, this guy did it before me, so I did it."

Do you know how many fucking times they probably hear that EVERY day?

Get a better excuse or you'll probably have to pay it.
I know, that's why I intend on filming it for about an hour or so and see how many cars miss the sign and turn left. IF many cars do it, it either says the sign is not visible or everyone are dumbasses, but I'm going to make the not visible argument... I'm telling you that shit is like 10-12 feet tall, I was pissed as hell when I went back and saw where the sign was located and how high it was. It was bullshit.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
smeezy said:
I know, that's why I intend on filming it for about an hour or so and see how many cars miss the sign and turn left. IF many cars do it, it either says the sign is not visible or everyone are dumbasses, but I'm going to make the not visible argument... I'm telling you that shit is like 10-12 feet tall, I was pissed as hell when I went back and saw where the sign was located and how high it was. It was bullshit.
Where was the sign? And how tall was the light it was posted on?

If you can make the argument that most people can't or don't see it, go for it. But if you can't, the judge will look at you and assume you're a liar and trying to not pay your fine for an infraction that you did in fact commit.

The filming idea is a good one though, just depends on your luck of the draw with what people do though....for your sake, you better hope people turn there....

The other thing is, maybe people DO see it, and they ignore it because it's inconvenient for them...that, obviously, does not help your case though...