TRAE The Truth Official Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
MAINSTREAM??? How you figure??? TRAE has always kept it 1000. No lollipop ish and thats why the streets respect him so much. You think he paying for them big name features? I highly doubt it. TRAE gets the ultimate ghetto pass for his passion to make HOUSTON and the surrounding areas a better place to live. Real recognize real. Holla back

Feb 8, 2003
i think his new voice is kinda dope and what hes been doing lately been good. liked his last album and all the mixtapes. trae is a legend in my book and its good he can make songs with big name younger artists and its not like he made songs with katey perrys and biebers and sold out
shit i would do songs with those two quicker then i would with wiz and them bc you know with katie perry and JB you gonna sell off top just bc they loyal worlwide cults

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
MAINSTREAM??? How you figure??? TRAE has always kept it 1000. No lollipop ish and thats why the streets respect him so much. You think he paying for them big name features? I highly doubt it. TRAE gets the ultimate ghetto pass for his passion to make HOUSTON and the surrounding areas a better place to live. Real recognize real. Holla back
He is trying to cater to the mainstream audience and you can tell by his beat selection, his change in flow and voice, and the features. If it ain't broke don't fix it, he shoulda just stuck with the sound he had. And you can tell because after the restless album every project after that he was slowly but surely changing his style. Imo.
And if he's not paying for those big name features then how is he getting them? I'm sure it ain't by trading verses with some of them, because what benefit would a mainstream artists get from having trae on their album? My opinion I think he cashed out sum, maybe gave others some weed, and others a trade of a verse, or maybe a plug on sum lean. Lol

Feb 8, 2003
He is trying to cater to the mainstream audience and you can tell by his beat selection, his change in flow and voice, and the features. If it ain't broke don't fix it, he shoulda just stuck with the sound he had. And you can tell because after the restless album every project after that he was slowly but surely changing his style. Imo.
And if he's not paying for those big name features then how is he getting them? I'm sure it ain't by trading verses with some of them, because what benefit would a mainstream artists get from having trae on their album? My opinion I think he cashed out sum, maybe gave others some weed, and others a trade of a verse, or maybe a plug on sum lean. Lol

EXACTLY

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Restless was classic IMO. i havent even banged his last album, i saw wack ass wiz on it and didnt bother listening to it :/

Apr 25, 2002
Yall really think he paying for them features? RICK ROSS, LIL WAYNE, WIZ KHALIFA, JADAKISS, SLIM THUG, etc...not a chance! Not one underground artist has enough bread for all them features that he consistently has. He's getting them on the strength of being "THE TRUTH". Game recognize game

Feb 8, 2003
Yall really think he paying for them features? RICK ROSS, LIL WAYNE, WIZ KHALIFA, JADAKISS, SLIM THUG, etc...not a chance! Not one underground artist has enough bread for all them features that he consistently has. He's getting them on the strength of being "THE TRUTH". Game recognize game

you dont know how much money he has or how much he pays for them. far as you know rap alot couldve bought them features and he kept the songs.

T.i signed him he on grand hustle now told yall he was trying to go mainstream discusion over.

http://vimeo.com/37504022

May 15, 2002
shit i would do songs with those two quicker then i would with wiz and them bc you know with katie perry and JB you gonna sell off top just bc they loyal worlwide cults
Exactly. Fuck this false sense of loyalty that doesn't even exist. Get paid! Killing your chances to get paid because you don't want to be seen as a sell-out to a bunch of broke mothafuckers in the hood, when you can get rich by doing songs with pop stars is pretty stupid. Trying to keep it real with the hood will have you right back in the hood with them...flat broke.

Feb 8, 2003
Exactly. Fuck this false sense of loyalty that doesn't even exist. Get paid! Killing your chances to get paid because you don't want to be seen as a sell-out to a bunch of broke mothafuckers in the hood, when you can get rich by doing songs with pop stars is pretty stupid. Trying to keep it real with the hood will have you right back in the hood with them...flat broke.

Not to mention dead or in prison too.