TRAE The Truth Official Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
Hmm...Don't get me wrong, I like Trae, but I thought the song was GARBAGE. Its not what I'm used to from him. Even if I were to give it a second or third spin, I doubt my opinion would change. The beat didn't fit the song at all (IMO). That R&B dude with the repetitive hook didn't help either. Maybe this is Trae's attempt to branch out into the mainstream. Not that there's anything wrong with that. He could pick a better song though. He shouldn't have to change up his style to appeal to the masses. If they like it, they like it; if they don't, they don't. You can't please everybody.

"Not My Time" is a much better song if he's tryin' to go mainstream.

May 2, 2002
"I Could Use Somebody" is a good choice as well. I've listened to this & "Not My Time" and both seem to be "radio friendly". Not sure which song is more recent, but they're both pretty good songs to acquire a mainstream fanbase. I'ma fuck with dude regardless. I like him and Z-Ro cause they spit that real shit. They ain't all about poppin' tags, drivin' the most expensive cars, smokin' the best dro, or any other cliche' you can think of. Shit, dude's brother (Dinkie) is servin' two life sentences. I can't imagine dealin' with shit like that. He montone and all, but you can feel the pain and frustration in his voice. Its like he and Ro and underdogs and I can totally relate. I know what it feels like for someone to tell you that YOU CAN'T DO SOMETHIN' or YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

May 12, 2004
bonethugstory.com
quite possibly the most retarded post ive ever read
aww did it hurt your tender little emotions? im sorry i didnt fucking like tech's verse. it was boring.

mystikal has the best verse on the song, quit hugging tech's nuts and you might be able to hear that. not everything tech spits is gold, most is far from it.

The best thing for Trae to do is stop rapping.
trae is raw.

listen to

I'm Fresh
What Can I Do
I'm A Asshole

Jun 29, 2008
Mystikal still got his flow but his lyrical content was weak...Liked Tech's verse a lot but damn...as said in a previous post I envisioned a better collab between the two.

Feb 9, 2006
aww did it hurt your tender little emotions? im sorry i didnt fucking like tech's verse. it was boring.

mystikal has the best verse on the song, quit hugging tech's nuts and you might be able to hear that. not everything tech spits is gold, most is far from it.
I love how anytime someone who is a fan of Tech says he has the best verse in a song, they are automatically a nut/dick rider. Lol shut the fuck up with that already. Clearly we know Tech doesnt ALWAYS have the best verses of every feature he has done. But in this case, its quite clear Tech out rapped everyone on the track. Even if you dont like the song, just rating of delivery, clarity, lyrically or anything thing else you wanna base it on, its gonna go to Tech. Anyone who listens to this and doesnt hear that, is a fuckin moron.

Point proven

May 12, 2004
bonethugstory.com
I love how anytime someone who is a fan of Tech says he has the best verse in a song, they are automatically a nut/dick rider. Lol shut the fuck up with that already. Clearly we know Tech doesnt ALWAYS have the best verses of every feature he has done. But in this case, its quite clear Tech out rapped everyone on the track. Even if you dont like the song, just rating of delivery, clarity, lyrically or anything thing else you wanna base it on, its gonna go to Tech. Anyone who listens to this and doesnt hear that, is a fuckin moron.
actually, tech used to have the best verse in almost every song. there are people that still think he does, and theyre idiots. this is a clear example of that.

trae's verse is underwhelming. tech's is the same boring ass flow he's been using for about 10 years now. mystikal's verse on the other hand is sick to me.

you think mystikal and trae are garbage, fine, if you listed the people you listen to, thered be maybe 1 or 2 people i could tolerate. doesnt mean you're an idiot, just means, in my opinion, you like shitty music.

but its just retarded to say mystikal is garbage with as much as hes done in the industry and how many classics he has.

I haven't even listened to the song yet, but Mystikal has never had the "best verse" on anything, including his own albums. You can't tell me that Mystikal sounds better than Tech. Tech has more lyrics in one song than an entire Mystikal album.
everyone has their opinions. i think you're morons for even liking tech's verse let alone thinking its the best verse on the song.

mystikal has had numerous great verses on guest features and great songs on his own albums.

regardless, i just skip to the next track after mystikal's verse anyway. the rest isnt worth listening to.

also, Mystikal's song "Jump" > your favorite song.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
lol @ saying my feelings got hurt...um no i just said whats real, that ur post was retarded. u were the one complaining that he ruined the song...that sounds like feelings hurt.

May 12, 2004
bonethugstory.com
LMAO.... Really?.......... REALLY????

Now I know truly you are an idiot.

Now Its On/This Ring/Twisted > ANYTHING Mystikal has or EVER will put out
twisted? really? that song is fucking terrible. only song i skip on the album. this ring is good, but it doesnt have that hype factor that Jump does. and now its on is just kinda boring.

and to me, tech did ruin the song. hell i skip it after mystikal anyway.

Jun 22, 2007
Twisted is one of my favorite Tech songs. Terrible?

And I been lookin for a Tech & Trae collab for awhile....this disappointed. Beat is eh & the hook is boring & sucky. Verses were decent, Tech's was the best. Disappointing TBH. That Nikkiya song w/Tech & Rittz is way better.