top 5 bands/artists this very second

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
Thyrfing
Pink Floyd
Comatose Vigil
Agalloch
Moonsorrow

Now that I've contributed to the thread....Wintersun is ok. Better than Ensiferum, but still kind of boring. I like Death and the Healing though.

May 15, 2002
Technically yes, but I like to think of them as Space Rock. I dunno, they're one of those bands that are just in a league of their own. I'll check that album out though. I'm going to school to d/l some shit right now :)

My internet sucks.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Thyrfing
Pink Floyd
Comatose Vigil
Agalloch
Moonsorrow

Now that I've contributed to the thread....Wintersun is ok. Better than Ensiferum, but still kind of boring. I like Death and the Healing though.
wintersun-death and the healing

jarl is one of my favorite vocalists but must say,i like when he screams alot more. one of my favorite songs nonetheless. make sme want to stab somebody with a sword next to my fellow comrade,haha

i like wintersun's slower approach. i love their 8 min epic sounding songs like the one above but at the same time the next song can be something like starchild or winter madness that just rips. they have a good contrast.

hard to compare them to ensiferum,its natural to do so considering jarl was the lead singer for both,but think that have alot different sounds. wintersun is more melodic death metal,while ensiferum is folk metal at its finest

May 15, 2002
wintersun-death and the healing

jarl is one of my favorite vocalists but must say,i like when he screams alot more. one of my favorite songs nonetheless. make sme want to stab somebody with a sword next to my fellow comrade,haha

i like wintersun's slower approach. i love their 8 min epic sounding songs like the one above but at the same time the next song can be something like starchild or winter madness that just rips. they have a good contrast.

hard to compare them to ensiferum,its natural to do so considering jarl was the lead singer for both,but think that have alot different sounds. wintersun is more melodic death metal,while ensiferum is folk metal at its finest
Yeah, I mostly made the Ensiferum reference because of Jari. But I actually really, REALLY dislike Ensiferum. It's too much like power metal for my tastes. Moonsorrow is the best folk/viking band IMO.

On a brighter note, there's supposed to be a new Wintersun later this year, I'm curious to see how that turns out.

Have you ever heard of Runic? I think you might like them.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
^^^ Nice list...finally checked out Homesick for Space and I was digging it a lot.

Anyways, today I've been listening to...

Tool
Between the Buried and Me
Botch
Electric Wizard
Violent Breakfast (check them out Carnage, time to get you into foreign screamo lol)

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I don't know, I would have to hook up an external to check. :(

BTW have you heard any word on an american SNS/D release? Oh yea... you seen that 29north is doing mailorders again?
God, I feel like a dork for knowing you meant Sed Non Satiata/Daitro when saying SNS/D lol. Nah, I have'nt heard anything though. If you do let me know because I want that shit on both vinyl and CD if they have it on both.

And no, I didn't know that about 29north. That's great fucking news. I've been going through Robotic Empire and I Came For Your Children as of late. Also All That Is Heavy for stoner/sludge type stuff.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I didn't know childismine was still running? I got alot of good CDR releases from them. Include the Tristan Tzara 3".

You ever try Slave Union? Justin is really good about quick delivery.
I Came For Your Children quit doing the record label thing (sadly) but is still doing distro. I have bought stuff from Slave Union a few times and never had any complaints.

Top 5 of the moment...

Between the Buried and Me
Nadja
The Assassination of Jesse James... OST (Nick Cave & Warren Ellis)
Raein
Feral Children