To Pagans and Wiccans: Tell the board about Samhein (HALLOWEEN)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Yep, its coming up soon, and I want to read it from the horses mouth. Explain what you know about Samhein (HALLOWEEN), and what it really reperesents to your religion/belief. If possible go into the origins of the Celtic holidays, what bobbing for apples really mean, what costumes and masks actually represent (as it relates to the holiday), what the wicker man represents, what the pumpkins actually represent, and explain the THREE DAYS associated with the holiday (not the one day marked on the calader.)

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
? What do you mean what do I plan on doing? Do I plan on debating them? No, thats not what this thread is for. A lot of people here have kids, and some of these people celebrate halloween with their kids or throw halloween parties, and they should have some type of knowledge pertaining to what it is they are celebrating. I know what these things mean, what their origins are etc, but coming from me it would appear bias, so it is best if someone who practices gave insight and I piped in later (but not for debate to actually confirm and add on.)

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
HERESY said:
? What do you mean what do I plan on doing? Do I plan on debating them? No, thats not what this thread is for. A lot of people here have kids, and some of these people celebrate halloween with their kids or throw halloween parties, and they should have some type of knowledge pertaining to what it is they are celebrating. I know what these things mean, what their origins are etc, but coming from me it would appear bias, so it is best if someone who practices gave insight and I piped in later (but not for debate to actually confirm and add on.)
All holidays are like this..

Heresy do you celebrate any Holidays?