To all the Reason fans

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
why the fuck hasnt propellerheads implemented vst???

i think that and actual audio recording support would push the program waaaay over the top.

ill definitely be peeping this out though. hopefully they dont eliminate rewire functionality from sonar because of this.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
^^^^^ whats RIGHT with it?

2 things will keep me away from a music program.

1.how it looks (which is why i dont deal with logic)

2.the sequencer/arranger (look at reasons).

the way you sequence and arrange a song in reason is lunacy. i can sequence and arrange in acid,sonar,cubase and pro tools quicker than i can in reason.....in fact i dont even use reason.

i showed a person how to sequence in fruity loops and i dont even use fruity loops. i look at it like "once you learn one you learn em all"......not true with reason.

its a tight program but the sequencer is choppy and horrible. its NOT like a cubase or logic. the way you go about making segments and what not is lame (those red bars).

reason should have 12 channel mixers or 24 channel mixers with an 8 buss set up. that would be cool.

can you even sequence midi in reason?

:h:

May 2, 2002
Those red bars can be grouped just like in Cubase. I find sequencing in Reason very similar to sequencing in Cubase. In fact, I think automating shit in Reason is easier than any other sequencer program I've ever used.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
exactly. although i can understand where he's coming from. it took me a while to figure out but thats probably due to the fact that i had never had experience with software sequencing before. i used to program reason with a yamaha rm1x.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
@phil it is obvious that i only scratched the surface.

can you record auido in reason?

can you load midi files in reason and move them around,chop em up send sys ex messages etc etc etc in reason?

a sequencer should be pleasent not a pain in the ass.

is reason tight? yes.

are the presets tight? in my opinion yes.

is the sequencer intuitive or easy to work with? no.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
can you load midi files in reason and move them around,chop em up
yes you can. once you know how its not a pain in the ass. cubase was harder for me to learn than reason.

the only drawback in reason is that it has no audio recording but i dont think that was the intention of the program

you sound like you got a bit touchy there :h:

chill out lol

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
^^^ NAW PIMP I DIDNT GET TOUCHY. I FEEL THAT IF ITS SUPPOSED TO BE AN ALL IN ONE PROGRAM THAT IT SHOULD ALLOW YOU TO RECORD *EVERYTHING*.

SEE I DONT WANNA HAVE TO REWIRE THIS AND DO THIS AND SAVE IT AS THAT BLAH BLAH BLAH.

MAN JUST LET ME SEQUENCE MY MUSIC AND LOAD UP MY MIDI FILES ETC ETC ETC. LET ME RECORD MY MIDI IF THATS WHAT I WANNA DO.

IF I HAD A CHOICE TO SEQUENCE ON MY XP60 OR REASON I WOULD DO THE XP60......

AND YOU ARE RIGHT. I DID ONLY SCRATCH THE SURFACE OF THE PROGRAM. IM NOT DENYING THAT. REASON STAYED ON MY PC FOR LIKE A WEEK. AFTER THAT IT WAS REMOVED.

I WOULD USE LOGIC BUT I DONT LIKE HOW IT LOOKS (AND A LOT OF PEOPLE I KNOW SAY THE SAME THING).

SO I STICK TO CUBASE BECAUSE I KNOW IT,LIKE IT ETC ETC ETC.

BE COOL PIMP.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
To yall, is reason difficult? Shit son i must be brainiest of somethin. Been usin it for 2 years or more doe.. I wanna get into some of this otha shit doe, pro-tools an all dat, linkin it wid VST.

I love reason, record guitar licks link up to it, chop it up.. Hell yeah, that midi choppin is tight, I should show yall a track i did bout 18 months back... str8 heat.