to all DJ's

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 15, 2005
how do you add "track marks" to one long ass mp3?

My homie gave me a mix he did one night, and I'd like to add 'track marks' to skip to the different songs, but I don't believe you can do this with iTunes. I'd imagine Freaks and Mark 7 have experience with this, but I know there's other DJs on here.

PS - As soon as I figure it out, I'll post it up - it some west coast classic/sd shit.

Jun 15, 2005
^yeah, you're right.

I can do it the ghetto ass way, too, Mark.

imma d/l soundforge today, lemme know what option I have to select.

freaks, if they got audition for mac (i know they got soundforge), imma steal that too and see which one is easier. I don't imagine this being the last time I'm gonna be doing this.

Jun 27, 2005
download wavepad. find the end of the song, select from the beginning of the song to the end, right click and hit "cut to new." Then once you have that song in a new window, save as. Do that for every song and there you have it.

Jun 27, 2005
thats usually still burns with the .5 gap in between songs on wavepad (at least with my experience)

on adobe audition... it will play just how the 1 mp3 sounds, but it will be able to skip thru to different songs
I dont know, I don't use wavepad for burning. If you burn with nero there wont be any gaps

May 9, 2003
www.soundclick.com
CD Architect or some shit by sony i use that shit.
its the best. period i used em all...

adobe is cool but if u dont split it in the right spot u will get skips no matter what. dont believe me google is your friend :)

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
this only works when burning tho correct?

Reason I ask is that I'm almost done with a new siccness mix and is there anyway to provide cuepoints for people or somethin? Cause it's just one long file

May 9, 2003
www.soundclick.com
what i used to do is record the whole mix in protools, then import long wav to adobe audition, then split the tracks individually but the thing is when i went to burn cds with no gap shit in nero u could still here the skip or short pause from track to track in car stereos only, or any non mp3 playing player. so i googled and found out u have to cut the tracks on certain seconds of the cd, like 1/75th or something. cant remember exactly but i hope u understand what i mean. the sony cd artitect program splits the wav all u add is the cue or marker u call it, and u can burn it too, or split the tracks to files. its neat, has lines too where u are suppose to cut to help it right.