Thong Undewear for Children? WTF!?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA

Abercrombie's sexy undies 'slip' No stranger to controversy, retailer is under fire again for marketing controversial clothes.
May 22, 2002: 2:36 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Abercrombie & Fitch, the retailer that has been criticized for sexually and racially provocative catalogs and designs, is under fire -- again.

Several consumer advocacy groups said they have sent e-mails to A&F to protest against the chain's latest offering of thong underwear in children's sizes with the words "eye candy" and "wink wink," printed on the front.

In the latest controversy, OneMillionMoms.com and OneMillionDads.com, a nonprofit Christian group based in Tupelo, Miss., said they are calling for a boycott.
Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF: down $1.10 to $28.11, Research, Estimates), based in New Albany, Ohio, has constantly been the target of consumer complaint before.

Last year, the youth clothing retailer angered many consumer advocacy groups with its summer and Christmas catalogs of teenage-looking models looking sexually provocative in the nude.

And last month, the retailer pulled a line of Asian-themed T-shirts after Asian-American advocacy groups complained that they were a blatant example of racist stereotyping.

The T-shirts were carrying caricatures of slant-eyed Asians in conical hats along with slogans such as "Wong Brothers Laundry Service: Two Wongs Can Make It White."

A&F said it is not their intention to offend anyone. "The underwear for young girls was created with the intent to be lighthearted and cute," the company said in a statement. "Any misrepresentation of that is purely in the eye of the beholder."

So far, the company said it has no plans to recall the underwear.

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
I remember that. Just think tho, i bet ashit load of people either go in there to make sure its a real story (and any business wants to bring peeps in cause they might buy something for no reason) or at least they will remember the store for it.

MOSA

Sicc OG
May 18, 2002
We were discussing this at my job the other day....man I work in a clothing store and i see like 10 yr. old girls askin me what there size is and stuff like that....folks are growing up way to fast and it aint cool......they have some nerve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had a daughter I WOULD KICK HER ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daveyboy

Sicc Triple OG
Apr 25, 2002
abercrombie is pretty fucked...i remember a while back they had a big thing on how their catalogs were showing more clevege than clothing and thats not the message parents want out to their children...and they replied...our clothing/catalog isnt meant for young kids...its meant for teens and college students...so this is going against what they are saying...

May 15, 2002
Daveyboy said:
abercrombie is pretty fucked...i remember a while back they had a big thing on how their catalogs were showing more clevege than clothing
this past season they had a catelog out with topless models already, so it's not even about just clevege anymore, it's nudity... my friend's catelog came in a warnin brown envelope.... with the mini thongs... it's just wrong, lil girls shouldn't be be exposed to that kind of impression, "ohhh yah, i'm sexy wearin a thong" at the age of 10 or 11

May 13, 2002
www.elephantsize.com
dont get me wrong, i have a 12 yr old sister, and i wouldnt want to hear of her wearing thongs. but i saw somethin on tv where there was a principal checking to see if girls had thongs on under thier prom dresses, aperently they thought it was inappropriate for even highschool girls to where thongs. but who is to say; at what age, you can wear the style of underwhere that you want. maybe we should start carding for underware too.

Apr 25, 2002
www.geocities.com
krista602 said:
dont get me wrong, i have a 12 yr old sister, and i wouldnt want to hear of her wearing thongs. but i saw somethin on tv where there was a principal checking to see if girls had thongs on under thier prom dresses, aperently they thought it was inappropriate for even highschool girls to where thongs. but who is to say; at what age, you can wear the style of underwhere that you want. maybe we should start carding for underware too.

I could be wrong but the FEMALE principal who was bi or homo, was checkin' to see if they had ANY panties on, in short she was just tryin' to peek at lil girls the way I was takin' the story... but come on now, you know you guys aren't gonna be sayin' that when you see kids talkin' about "mommy wow, my huggies fit right up my ass crack"...

:beard:

A

askgarcia

somewhere in jail sicx is damning himself for getting caught now that these kiddie undies are on the market.