This Reporter spits THE TRUTH about Wack Rappers....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 8, 2005
www.imizbiz.com
JuggalOutkAxt said:
that's what sucks about most underground artists... they can't really afford great producers and/or can't find any good ones. .
(Nice article.)

I agree. Beats , the music itself, is what is most important. For example, to me Tech N9ne is one of the best rap artists ever(maybe the best of all). What if his beats weren't dope? Personally I wouldn't have bought a single cd of his. I would recognize his talent as an MC but nothing more. I wouldn't have the curiosity to search his dicography, his lyrics, his work generally. He wouldn't have much to offer me by listening to him. But now a can call him an artist. Cause he makes good music, he writes great lyrics, he got crazy flow, he got his own point of view on things and isn't afraid to express it. He also got his role on everything he does(at least that's what I feel). He doesn't just make the studio work and leave the rest to the others. The Game(by the way he was mentioned) is not an artist. He is just a rapper. He almost got no talent. He claims lowriders and I love the whole Latin Culture but you can't talk about lowriders in a whole album. I grew up with Eazy-E and N.W.A. but gets me mad when Game refers to them again and again. That's way too much. Come on dude! Say something about yourself. What you've done, where you've been, what is your thoughts, tell the people who you are and be proud of your own achievements. Not of others'. But...he got nice beats! I got both his albums and I can bump each one in my car and enjoy it. Sound good to me. I'll never name them classics but I like them. Game may be talking shit but I like his music.
So, good rappers need good beats to make it. You will only pay attention to a MC only by listening to a dope beat. But a MC with dope beats is not always a great rap artist. It's funny but if Tech hadn't got good music I wouldn't have bought any of his albums and at the same time I would own wack Game's ones...

Sep 24, 2006
Dangerlyrics said:
I fuckin hate Jeezy, he thinks he is "real" cause he sold dope. TELLIN THE FEDS EVERY SECRET OF THE BLOCK BITCH NIKKA! I don't like game cause he be grippin everybody nutz. He gotta suck somebody dick on every beat. That shit aint gangsta. Jay Z I hate him. His lyrics all bitin up. I fuck wit Nas, Do Or DIe, Tech straight lil off the edge, and a lotta Chicago Shit. But the industry is fucked and not "hip Hop" is dead but Rap is dyin.

see i disagree with the whole hating jay-z thing i think jay-z is a good artist its just that he dumbs his music down for these wack ass people who like the whole mainstream crap. and jay has even said it in an interview that he dumbs his music down so he can sell more albums so he can make more money who else out there is gonna admit they dumb their music down for the people who like jeezy and young joc. i personally hate the whole mainstream thing you give me artists like tech n9ne, ill bill, immortal technique, haystak, etc and im good but i hate how people can like this manstream stuff that doesnt deserve to be called rap or hip-hop it deserves to be called what it really is and that word is crap. sorry to anyone who likes mainstream but you have to admit any artist from 10 years ago would murder these cats like jeezy and joc

May 12, 2004
DaSlacker said:
Let me try again... how can you differentiate between rap music and hip-hop music? Last I checked, hip-hop wasn't a form of music. Hip-Hop's a culture, that entails rap music is its form of vocal expression. Saying hip-hop's a form of music is like saying hip-hop's a form of graffiti, or spinning records, or dancing. Then again, I guess it depends upon who you ask.

Apr 9, 2006
after reading all of the posts i think that the major issue here is choice. when i go out and purchase a jeezy cd i dont expect to be shocked by his lyricism nor should anyone else. when i buy a nas cd then yeah i expecta little bit more lryically. its like going out to eat.. sometimes i want a steak dinner and sometimes i just want a cheap greasy burger. personally i think lil wayne is killin right now but do i believe anything he says...no. some artists are here to spit real shit and take u into their dreams/nightmares/life and others are just what they are..entertainers. the main reason why i like tech is that he seems to combine both.

Dec 10, 2006
Good article. It raises some good points but you gotta think about it. Mediocrity is only saying like the rest and from a hustlas standpoint go for the quick easy and most importantly near guaranteed money.(i'm not saying i like that but i can see why some would do it and can't knock someone for doing it) as for me i really appreciate those that go against the grain. its too easy to fallow the same formulas like the article says. on a side note though, even the regurgitated rap passing for hits these days has its highlights. Like i said good article good to see people thinking and having a serious discussion

Sep 23, 2002
www.wannabattle.com
Religion said:
Let me try again... how can you differentiate between rap music and hip-hop music? Last I checked, hip-hop wasn't a form of music. Hip-Hop's a culture, that entails rap music is its form of vocal expression. Saying hip-hop's a form of music is like saying hip-hop's a form of graffiti, or spinning records, or dancing. Then again, I guess it depends upon who you ask.
LOL. I'm so mad. I had a long rant typed up on here last night but I wasn't on my comp. By the time I was done typing it out, I got logged off... So in short.

Here is what I believe:
Hip Hop is an entire culture. It was founded on 4+1 basic elements; The DJs (ie ZTRIP), The MCs (ie KRS-1), The BBoys/Girls (ie Crazy Legs), and The Urban Artists (ie DOZE or OBEY)... and the newest welcome - The Beatbox (ie Rahzel or SCRATCH).

I also believe that RAP is a style of lyrical expression... tech Raps... but so does Zach De La Rocha... so does james brown (although some would debate it). Even motherfucks in picket lines rap their protests, haha.

I dunno... I used to get mad at the record stores because they had my section labeled as "Rap/HipHop"... but I guess nowadays I accept that because I generally use the term "rap music" as a cliche term to represent all of pop-rap. ya feel me? I see the Rap/HipHop as a general collection of the same "style" but still a direct cut down the middle as a difference between candycane and REAL soulful funk inducing HIP HOP.

I thank the earth for Blackalicious, J5, DJ Shadow, and Strange Music. (among others, nyukkas).

I understand if yall dont feel me, but I am always right.

May 12, 2004
DaSlacker said:
LOL. I'm so mad. I had a long rant typed up on here last night but I wasn't on my comp. By the time I was done typing it out, I got logged off... So in short.

Here is what I believe:
Hip Hop is an entire culture. It was founded on 4+1 basic elements; The DJs (ie ZTRIP), The MCs (ie KRS-1), The BBoys/Girls (ie Crazy Legs), and The Urban Artists (ie DOZE or OBEY)... and the newest welcome - The Beatbox (ie Rahzel or SCRATCH).

I also believe that RAP is a style of lyrical expression... tech Raps... but so does Zach De La Rocha... so does james brown (although some would debate it). Even motherfucks in picket lines rap their protests, haha.

I dunno... I used to get mad at the record stores because they had my section labeled as "Rap/HipHop"... but I guess nowadays I accept that because I generally use the term "rap music" as a cliche term to represent all of pop-rap. ya feel me? I see the Rap/HipHop as a general collection of the same "style" but still a direct cut down the middle as a difference between candycane and REAL soulful funk inducing HIP HOP.

I thank the earth for Blackalicious, J5, DJ Shadow, and Strange Music. (among others, nyukkas).

I understand if yall dont feel me, but I am always right.
Alright, I can agree with you on that.

Sep 16, 2002
DaSlacker hit it right on point...
to me, Tech's a RAP and HIP-HOP icon because of his originality, and that's what it's all about...ORIGINALITY in look, lyrics, performance, EVERYTHING (not just cause you're the first rapper to wear BAPE or wear PINK SHIT), that's why artists like OutKast, Three 6 Mafia, Eminem have been successful.